Thread: The Most Underrated Character

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Most Underrated Character Xanatos's Avatar

The Most Underrated Character

I feel we had every single topic so far, at least once, save for this one, either that or most probably I can't remember.

For me the most underrated character is without any doubt Vaan. This guy gets a lot of slack for apparently having no depth which is simply not true. Vaan lost everything, and I do mean everything during the war. He was forced to see his older brother suffer for God knows how long. Unlike Zidan who choose to be a thief and takes great pride in it Vaan had to steal to feed himself and other orphans like Penelo. Despite all that this guy was still upbeat and rather optimistic, and if you recall the first encounter with Gabranth Vaan proved to be quite mature and down to earth for his age. only few characters in the entire series managed to show such determination and attitude.

Players can easily see themselves in Vaan, perhaps not by personality, though unlike other protagonists, if Vaan can truly be called one, Vaan is just a normal guy, far from one man's army, eager and excited to explore Ivalice.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Vaan is very mature for being an immature person sometimes. Losing everything made him grow up faster, even if he acted like a kid still, he just couldn't show it.

I actually agree with you on this one, Vaan is very underrated in the series I feel for almost the same reason you have put.

I believe we have had threads like this for specific Final Fantasies but not for the entire series.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User The Most Underrated Character Sheechiibii's Avatar
    Hmm...well I think Freya's a fairly underrated character. She's one of the strongest female characters in the series, and her story is so sad, yet she continues on regardless and does her best for her friends even though she's hurting. Also in battle, I think she's one of the strongest FFIX party characters, yet I don't think she's used as much as the others with the exception of maybe Amarant (who is also awesome in battle).

I dunno if I'd call Vaan underrated. More like under-used. The game used him too little, he could have mattered so much more to the story and his development could have made more impact but the game just didn't go that way with him which is a shame.

It's a tough one, it's easier to call a game underrated than a character. Possibly Tidus? Less so because he's underrated and more so because he gets so much hate, which I really think is unwarranted. He undergoes more development than most of the other FF lead characters, and he's so relate-able, he comes from a world very much like ours, and is very much like a normal guy, just living a normal life, and who wants to go home and be normal again at the beginning. People say he's a crybaby but he has a lot to deal with, losing his father, then his mother, then his home, finding out what happened to his dad, being tossed into an entirely different world, falling in love with a girl who is going to kill herself to save the world from basically his father? People seem to underrate the amount of crap this guy goes through, probably because most of the time he keeps himself together and doesn't get all down about it, unlike other FF leads (Cloud, Squall, I'm looking at you). So yeah, I don't think he deserves the hate he gets.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."