View Poll Results: Who is the most impossible boss of final fantasy?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • *Zeromus ffiv.

2 16.67%
  • Ruby,and Emerald weapon ffvii.

1 8.33%
  • Ozma ffix.

5 41.67%
  • Nemesis ffx.

1 8.33%
  • Pandemonium Warden ffxi.

0 0%
  • Yazmat ffxii.

3 25.00%

Thread: The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history.

Registered User The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar

The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history.

I have a list of the most impossible bosses of final fantasy history,lets read!:
    *Zeromus ffiv
    Ruby,and Emerald Weapon ffvii
    Ozma ffix
    Nemesis ffx
    Pandemoniun Warden ffxi
    Yazmat ffxii

Now talk,who you thing is the most impossible boss of this list.
    Final fantasy fan.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Xanatos's Avatar
    I wouldn't say "impossible" but there are few bosses that were challenging. The hardest one was Ozma from FF IX, I did manage to beat him but I had really hard time doing it. Even tho all my characters were on high level and I learned all abilities I still had problems beating him. But after many tries, and staying calm I managed to beat him but I must say that "luck" was playing main role in this battle.

As for Emerald and Ruby, I really didn't find them that hard, yes I had few problems but I handled them pretty quick. But I must also say I was surprised that they were a way bigger challenge than Sephiroth.

I'm also surprised you didn't put Omega Weapon from FF VIII in the poll. He was a quite a challenge for those who didn't used Holy Wars or Hero, for those who wanted a real battle. I really enjoyed fighting him because he was much harder then the last boss Ultemecia.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Master of the Shadow Key The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Nemesis and Yiazmat, end of story. I'll never forgive those degenerates for destroying me every time I tried to kill them. Besides, they were too much trouble for me to even get to.
    Last edited by KeybladerXIII; 09-06-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

I actalluy beat Nemisis easily once I figured out a really legit process. But at the same time you have to be at a decent strength. Ozama was really irritating and I still have yet to beat him.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

The Quiet One The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nemesis isn't hard to beat you just have to very well prepared and have a minimum stat value. If you want to beat him at the lowest possible it requires you to have auto-haste and all of the summons. After that you will also require Quick Hit or strike or whatever it is called so that all of your characters can hit a lot more times before Nemesis gets an attack. When you know his attack is up, just have Yuna summon, the summon takes the hit and you repeat until he is dead. Very simple just uses up all of your summons if you aren't strong enough. I think I beat him before filling out the empty slots in the sphere grid and definitely before I cleared them all to replace the non-max slots values. He's very easy when you have maxed stats. Though fighting him you learn who actually is the strongest without having to alter your health or situation to activate celestial weapons. The best a character can do is about 250,000 HP damage I think I figured out from the numerous times I killed him, because Nemesis is strong enough to half normal damage, so you just double what he takes to get an estimate of their strength. Naturally with the 99,999 cap you can't really ever be positive. But Yuna is actually the strongest physically without and aids to do so and I think Auron turned out the weakest (150,000-170,000), but Auron's celestial weapon screws him over requiring low health to be useful. He'd probably do better without it. I think Wakka was the second strongest and Tidus was definitely lower since maxed stats she hit Nemesis for like 90,000 making his damage at 180,000. Wakka and Yuna always capped out on Nemesis.

I've still got to kill Yiamat some time. I haven't gotten around to a second playthrough on FFXII yet like I have all of the FF games I've played. Though Yiamat is more tedious I think than anything. He has 50 million HP, but you can leave the fight. So I'm pretty sure it is just a matter of spending the time to off him.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

#LOCKE4GOD The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Answer: None of the options.

The hardest boss is easily Penance, in FFX (PAL/International).
    I've beat every boss in every FF, except for this one (though in one game I just got fed up and used Yojimbo).

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Although not exactly impossible, I found Cagnazzo from FFIV (a normal boss?) certainly a tad hard with battle speed cranked up to the highest. Since the time between his water barrier and his wave attack were too fast, I ended up being unable to interrupt him in time to prevent all that massive damage.

If we're speaking of superbosses, though, a tie between Pandemonium Warden and Absolute Virtue. MMOs often have a thing of having near-impossible bosses, but these two take the cake. One was only defeated once, required a glitch to work, and afterwards it hasn't been defeated again. Though, he's more of a special boss.

P. Warden, though, is basically a nightmare because of the various forms, and because of the mainframe of FFXI. Mostly, they made a boss that's excellent for a regular Final Fantasy given the concept of the games' mainframe, but having several linkshell groups attempt a day-long battle and then halting nearly at the 18th hour, because of physical exhaustion?

The reason I mention these two is because of how FFXI works compared to the other games. Each of the games has a method to defeat each boss: FFV has Omega beaten by Rapid Fire Dual Wielding Spellblades attuned to Bolt 3/Thundaga, and Shinryu beaten by dual-wielding Crystal Lances; FFVII had the weapons beaten by Knights of the Round + W-Summon + Mime; FFVIII had Omega Weapon beaten by 100 Heros or several Holy Wars; FFIX had Ozma beaten by level reduction of all things, Holy and Madeen; FFX has much more difficult bosses, but still beatable with the right equip and oftentimes just by summoning Magus Sisters. With FFXI focusing on group combat, the efforts are much different since there are little, if none, win buttons. Facing each of these battles without their respective win buttons is difficult, but it shows at least a way to do it within the respective mainframe of the game; FFXI works on a different league, and thus, despite being hard to translate in comparison to the other games, it still implies the fact that both bosses are nigh-invincible.

Also, in Omega's case: the trouble mostly lied within the fact that the game featured abilities and items that granted invulnerability. If you could survive Omega's initial onslaught, a combination of Quistis' Mighty Guard and Rinoa's Invincible Moon ensured you were capable of beating Omega rather easily, depending on your amount of Aura spells available. It's not meant to be easy, but it's still doable with some effort.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

ChocoboKiller
    the dark aeons in FFX are hard too unless you cheat and use Yojimbo (as I did ). Even then you have to be fairly lucky for him to use zanmato.

Registered User The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Locke4God's Avatar
    Did anybody try to fight Weapon from FFVIII. You have to fight down that looooooooooooooooooooooong hallway of gigantic enemies only to face a monster whose every move kills one of your characters. And you're lucky if you get two shots in on him in between.

Registered User The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar
    I think Yazmat is the difficult one.For 3reasons:
    1:He had 50000000 of hp
    2:He in the lvl.72,and can go to 99,when him double his level.
    3:He ca deal hight damages sometimes he can give 9450 of damage when he uses his special attack.
    Final fantasy fan.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    Did anybody try to fight Weapon from FFVIII. You have to fight down that looooooooooooooooooooooong hallway of gigantic enemies only to face a monster whose every move kills one of your characters. And you're lucky if you get two shots in on him in between.
    You mean Ultima Weapon, compared to Omega he was quite easy too easy if you ask me. First of all you need to have GF Siren to unlock hidden save point which is useful if you have any problems beating Ultima. Your problem was that Ultima was way faster than any of your characters which is normal because Ultima is unbelievable fast, the solution is simple - haste or much better auto haste. Quistis blue magic comes really handy in this fight and as soon as you cast Mighty Guard this battle is practically over. Not only that every character will have haste they'll also have protect and float status. Just cast meltdown on Ultima and Aura on Squall and the rest is easy, beat the shit out of Ultima. One Leonhart will also be enough to bring this monster down without any problems. You don't need to believe me but I managed to beat him in just little more than one minute, and I have seen people do it in less time.

i have ears :) The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Full Life's Avatar
    i would say iron giant from ff3 ds its got high defence its got high attack and it has 4 turns pur round and on the last turn it casts comet that is the hardest boss i have versed but i also found penance hard for ff10 he kept killing me with his instant kill
    Last edited by Full Life; 09-06-2009 at 04:35 PM.

for me the hardest ever was Seymour Flux in FFX.

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos-444 View Post
    You mean Ultima Weapon, compared to Omega he was quite easy too easy if you ask me. First of all you need to have GF Siren to unlock hidden save point which is useful if you have any problems beating Ultima. Your problem was that Ultima was way faster than any of your characters which is normal because Ultima is unbelievable fast, the solution is simple - haste or much better auto haste. Quistis blue magic comes really handy in this fight and as soon as you cast Mighty Guard this battle is practically over. Not only that every character will have haste they'll also have protect and float status. Just cast meltdown on Ultima and Aura on Squall and the rest is easy, beat the shit out of Ultima. One Leonhart will also be enough to bring this monster down without any problems. You don't need to believe me but I managed to beat him in just little more than one minute, and I have seen people do it in less time.
    You weren't maxed level and nor were they than, I believe he was referring to having a Max level party, in that case if you remember, Final Fantasy VIII's system of fights was everything was scaled to the players level, Omega Weapons health if you were maxed was nearly 5billion or something of that nature, but really freaking big.
    It was impossible to kill him at that high of a level without casting Invincible Moon, or using an Invincible or Holy Wars. You die in one hit, and he has an AoE move that can kill the whole party if they aren't invincible, if you did play him at max and didn't use any invincibility, and he didn't cast his rare AoE than you were lucky cause he can kill everyone in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by TehRealDinnin View Post
    You weren't maxed level and nor were they than, I believe he was referring to having a Max level party, in that case if you remember, Final Fantasy VIII's system of fights was everything was scaled to the players level, Omega Weapons health if you were maxed was nearly 5billion or something of that nature, but really freaking big.
    It was impossible to kill him at that high of a level without casting Invincible Moon, or using an Invincible or Holy Wars. You die in one hit, and he has an AoE move that can kill the whole party if they aren't invincible, if you did play him at max and didn't use any invincibility, and he didn't cast his rare AoE than you were lucky cause he can kill everyone in a matter of seconds.
    First of all, neither I or Locke were referring to Omega Weapon so I'm not quite sure what are you trying to say. Besides if you played FF VIII you might know that there is also a Ultima Weapon and I was just trying to explain how to beat him easily. And Ultima Weapon is quite easy regardless on which level are your party.

As for Omega, I really don't know how did you get idea that he's unbeatable and also impossible without Holy Wars or Invincible. I agree with you that he's one tough bastard but not impossible, I was on max level when I was fighting him and for your information I beat him several times without using any of those crap like Holy Wars and trust me it has nothing to do with luck. If you have proper tactic and well prepared team than you can beat him, I don't say that he's easy just that you don't need to use Holy Wars or Invincible regardless on which level your team is including max level. If you think that Omega is impossible without any of that crap than I suppose you never had a chance to fight Ozma from FF IX.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 09-08-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Wut? Where is Penance?

I feel epic... The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    I never played IX before, so I don't know how hard Ozma is. But I remember the nightmare that was Yiazmat. He wasn't hard or anything, but the battle is more or less a test of patience than anything... -_- I read about a stair glitch, set-up of gambits, and several other things that basically allow you to place the controller on the floor and not touch it once. Isn't that fun? Not at all interacting with the game, it's playing ITSELF practically...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

#LOCKE4GOD The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Wut? Where is Penance?
    Final Fantasy X PAL (International). I.e everywhere except USA. Too bad, because it is easily the hardest boss that has been.

Death Before Dishonor The most impossiple bosses of final fantasy history. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I felt emerald weapon was very easy to defeat using gravity...but ruby weapon was the toughest for me I couldn't get past his quicksand move...And one knights of the round suprisingly didn't kill him and I didn't get the chance to use a second
    Last edited by Josh_R; 09-22-2009 at 07:43 AM.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!