Thread: Longest dungeons

Longest dungeons

What would you say were some of the longest dungeons in the series?

I'm just going to throw out there:

-The final dungeon in FFIV: The After Years.

-The Pharos at Ridorana in FFXII.

Re: Longest dungeons

Some of the Dungeons in FFIII (NES) are soooooooooooooo long.

Pharos was about 2-3 hours. I actually liked it.

The Ark in FFXIII..............

EDIT: What a waste of my 2000th post..
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Yeah I agree Pharos was epicly long in comparison to most others in recent FF's, sooo many floors >.<

But my personal longest, not saying it is the longest it's just the longest I spent in any dungeon was the earth dungeon in FF1. I don't know if I was high or whatever but I spent a long time in that place. So many battles and so many routes, it was just hit and miss and every turn and I guess I was just unlucky. Very unlucky.

Crash Boom Bang Longest dungeons Lily's Avatar

****ing pharos and the great crystal, the great crystal irritated me more mostly due to being lost for no less than 2 hours and refusing to turn the game off andlosing all that work.... lack of map grrr

Yeah, that Great Crystal is a pain. Even using an online guide/walkthrough with a map, it was still a little hard to find my way through.

___________ Longest dungeons Kyreaan's Avatar

The one in the FF series where I spent the most time was the Deep Dungeon in FFT + FFT: WOTL. It wasn't only the amount of levels. It was also the time spent trying to catch all the items from the Ninja located there, in order to get rare upper level items. It was even longer with all the time lowering one character's Brave level and using the Find Item move ability from Chemist.

Spoiler:
    This was a must playing that area because it had items hidden only in the terrain. Deep Dungeon had the best items in the game, but you have to find out how to get there: most south-eastern city after completing a mission there. I used the party's Engineer in order to find the items. With his abilities, I didn't care about his Brave level.

There was also a dungeon I remember being really long in FFVIII. I had Squall, Rinoa, and Quistis running around everywhere trying to find everything just to find out that the hidden Weapon was stupid.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Flame_Kid

I agree with that. There was also 4 dungeons (towers) in 4 Heroes of Light and each one had 100 floors, and I've only made it through one! Gah its irritating but worth going through...I guess. I'd also say V had a pretty deep dungeon, that bonus dungeon at the end of the game. I'm only 40% through the dungeon so far, but it requires a lot of work.

Blog Entries

I still think the water palace in FF1 is the most gigantic thing in the world, I have no idea how I find my way through it, maybe its either that or it just looks big to me, haha.

FF2's Jade Passage -> Pandaemonium trip was literally a trip to hell with no way back, that was quite the travel. FF3s Styx Tower -> Dark World was probably a bit shorter but even worse, due to the Dark World random battles/boss marathons.

I think in general, it seems like the more recent the FF games get, the more straightforward their final dungeons turn out to be.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2