Thread: The last Final Fantasy game.

The Brave The last Final Fantasy game.

Question The last Final Fantasy game.

Although it might be too early to discuss something like this, what would be the very last Final Fantasy game to be released, after which there would be no more titles in the series. I had this feeling that this forum needed a thread like this and now, here it is.

The Lone Dagger The last Final Fantasy game. Xithor's Avatar

Re: The last Final Fantasy game.

For some reason I thought I had heard that Final Fantasy XIV would be the last one, of course there is the three games in the XIII Crystal Series and XIV is gonna be online so maybe that is the last game in the entire series even though I hope not. Anyone heard the same or differently?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I want to play a game. The last Final Fantasy game. Zargabaath's Avatar

My friend likes to say that Fabula Nova Crystallis (FF XIII and all its other games) will be the last offline Final Fantasy. Part of his reasoning is that SE is putting so much into the compilation. This would mean that Final Fantasy XIV will be the last FF game. I don't believe this "theory" as there isn't substantial evidence and it doesn't appear that SE would drop a big franchise. There was that article from Wada talking about the future of FF but it was more of how they would be developed rather than ending the series.

As for when it will end I don't know. The series, with its nature of always changing things for each game and trying new things out, could go on for a long time, but now I find it weird thinking of "Final Fantasy XIX" or "Final Fantasy XXIII". I'm sure this may be overused as the title for the last Final Fantasy game but I don't think it would be too bad to have the game called "The Final Fantasy". However could SE resist going back to the series after closing the door?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I like to lol. The last Final Fantasy game. ExQuentin's Avatar

I shall cry the day Square Enix decides to stop making Final Fantasy games :,( (I havent cried in about 5 years, honestly). Even if XIV is the last, I bet it will have good updates. I heard it will cost like $30 a month to play XIV (maybe it was XI I was thinking about...)? If that is so, I'd say that I wouldn't want to play it. Hm... We should secretly boycott FF XIV (when it comes out for $30 a month) so Square Enix might lower the price or let everyone play for free (like what DnD Online did).

Sorry for getting off topic a little...

Learner The last Final Fantasy game. CloudTide's Avatar

I think their gonna stop at Final Fantasy XX (20)
    it would make sense
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

I want to play a game. The last Final Fantasy game. Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExQuentin View Post
    I shall cry the day Square Enix decides to stop making Final Fantasy games :,( (I havent cried in about 5 years, honestly). Even if XIV is the last, I bet it will have good updates. I heard it will cost like $30 a month to play XIV (maybe it was XI I was thinking about...)? If that is so, I'd say that I wouldn't want to play it. Hm... We should secretly boycott FF XIV (when it comes out for $30 a month) so Square Enix might lower the price or let everyone play for free (like what DnD Online did).

Sorry for getting off topic a little...
    I would like to know where you heard that Final Fantasy XIV's montly fee would be $30 - that is extremely high for a MMO. The average fee for a MMO that has the player pay montly would be around $13. Final Fantasy XI costs around $13 for the base game plus a dollar for every character the player has and I think another dollar or two for Tetra Master. Thirty dollars is really outlandish and I would say that SE will have a montly rate that is normal for MMOs. It will probably cost $59 to buy the game with probably the first month free and then $12-$15 a month afterwards. I doubt SE would make FFXIV free-to-play as if the player-base wants the game to have expansions and updates monthlies are needed. I may not play a lot of MMOs and not extensively but DnD online wasn't great or good.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I like to lol. The last Final Fantasy game. ExQuentin's Avatar

Ah, maybe I heard 13 from him... I have a friend at school who knows a crap load of stuff about FF... He told me a dollar amount with a "3" in it, but I think I forgot... It probably is $13 or something I'll check tomorrow.

EDIT!!: I spoke to him again he said while he was playing FF XI he WAS getting charged $30 dollars a month by Square Enix! That is one of the reasons why he quit.
    Last edited by ExQuentin; 05-21-2010 at 12:30 PM.