Thread: Keeping track of weapons and armor in ff9

Registered User Keeping track of weapons and armor in ff9 8ethers's Avatar
    I live in the monotonous town of Appleton,WI

Keeping track of weapons and armor in ff9

Ok, so between saving weapons and armor to synth and keeping weapons and armor to level up abilities I have an overwhelming number of both. Does anyone have any advice? Should I be selling as I go or keeping everything? I don't want to use a guide but I also don't want to miss out on any synth opportunities.

Re: Keeping track of weapons and armor in ff9

Keep everything, 2 or 3 if possible.
    It will suprise you what you need later in the game.

Everyone needs a savior Keeping track of weapons and armor in ff9 the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes and you get plenty of gil from battles to where if you just save everything that you get then you will if you need to at the very end of the game before the final battles sell everything at once after you have already used up everything you actually need

and another thing do not use phoenix pinions save at least 1
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

I actually did a round though FF9 two weeks ago, here are some fresh tips.
    Spoilers here are minimal, it knowing these things wont ruin anything for you.

If you didn't already know:

Take Quina to the Iifa Tree and have her eat that big dragon thing that has lvl5 death, then go to that place where the moogles take the kupo nuts and say "its not safe out there" in Gizamaluke's Grotto. There is a monster up there called the "grand dragon" It is lvl 60. gives you about 8000 exp, lots of gil, and the Grand Dragon cards are VERY helpful for building your collection thoughout the whole game (especially handy durring the tourniment), also if your into using Freya you can max out her (future)Dragon Crest abilty here (stronger based on dragons you kill, it will always do 9999, assuming you get her to around lvl 50 using this method.). Assuming your around lvl 20 when you start this, it will take you about 1 hour or so to one party to lvl 50 or so. I spent out 4 game hours here to get EVERYONE around 55-60. I reccoment killing Zidane before you do this. if you plan the lvl up everyone. also don't forget to turn on Quina's "Millionaire"and everyones "level up" ability.

Also, durring the card tourniment. DURRING the tourniment, between matches, go back to Dali and get the coffee there, THIS IS THE ONLY TIME IN THE GAME YOU CAN GET IT.

Also, dont ignore to choco forrests, you can find lots fo good items and gil there.

Make sure you steal the Fearie flute from the golem thing after you get Eiko for the first time. You can't buy/synth this weapon until MUCH later.

Registered User Keeping track of weapons and armor in ff9 8ethers's Avatar
    I live in the monotonous town of Appleton,WI

Hey thanks! I like to keep a clean house when it comes to items and such but this game is so cool that doesn't bother me much. This is my first time playing it. Its the only ff I haven't played besides 3. Thanks again for the tips!

The way I did this was a pain but it worked, it just takes a little more work and grinding. I always made sure I had at least one of every weapon at every general weapons store I came across which meant if I didn't have enough money I'd have to grind until I had enough to buy one of each per town PLUS the syntheses shop weapons I could get then and there. Second I went through the synthesis shops as I progressed through the game and wrote down what I needed for each weapon. Some weapons you have to go back on your own and get when you find what you need elsewhere that's why I had to make notes.

sooooooo, I'd go through the list and see how many of each weapon needed I already had in my inventory and wrote down how many more I needed without accidentally using the one I'm supposed to keep.

For Example:
    -Weapon A requires 2 Mage Mashers
    -Weapon B requires 1 Mage Masher and 1 Elixir
    -I have 2 Mage Mashers in my inventory

*I need to buy (x2 Mage Mashers)

Some weapons become harder to find over time because the shops change after certain points in the game.

Tip#1 Visit Daguerro shops twice, I think the inventory changes after you go to Terra. Explore the whole place to access all the shops.

Tip#2 Do ALL the Chocobo side quest including the foaming water diving and the mountain cracks. There are a few weapons that you can only get by digging. I think there was one weapon for Freya.. Or was it Amarant? I think it was Dragon's Hair (or claws if it was Aamarant) that I knew I missed on a second run and I realized I had missed ONE foaming water location. It was there -_-

EDIT: Oh yeah, some times you have to synth weapons to get other weapons that's always fun to keep track of.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-09-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Yeah, the amarant weapon from the choco quest is the only one besides his last that teaches him "No Mercy", a very powerful attack.
    It is Freya's Dragon Hair that is found. the move you get from it isnt that great, You get dragon crest from a synthed/baught weapon.

8Ethers: Just buy about 6 mage mashers, the are rare late game.

Red Mage Keeping track of weapons and armor in ff9 Henry's Avatar

When first time played FF9 and got to Disc4 in Black Mage Villages synthiesis shop i noticed i can make Grand Armor and i didnīt Mythril Swords.. I had to start the game over and i keeped at least 2 of every Weapon/Armors.