Thread: Insider Information (FF7 remake and why we havn't got it)

Boxer of the Galaxy Insider Information (FF7 remake and why we havn't got it) Rowan's Avatar

Insider Information (FF7 remake and why we havn't got it)

So I recently had the opportunity to talk with someone working for squareenix. Many interesting things were said, a lot pertaining to FFXV and what we can expect. But a lot of other unrelated questions were also asked. One of the more interesting questions and even more interesting answers were in regards to why we still dont have that FF7 remake. Here is the response;

>"Initially when FFXIV bombed, it was to be decided that the FFVII remake would go ahead as a means of making back the money we lost on XIV (pre ARR). Instead, we had used leftover resources to make two FFXIII titles."

So there we have it. Instead of a polished reworked FF7 we got 2 FF13 titles.
    Discuss.
    Last edited by Rowan; 10-05-2014 at 07:25 PM.

I knew this.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Quiet One Insider Information (FF7 remake and why we havn't got it) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Certainly explains what we got more FFXIII. From an efficiency standpoint making new games off old or unused assets is probably more cost effective than making a whole game from scratch, which is what they said they'd do for FFVII, even if it is already all designed and written out. At the end, having new games rather than a remake is something that I'd pick. Unlike popular opinion, I actually enjoyed the games. So I'm pleased with the results.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

You mean technically or content wise? FF7 was already made so I'm guessing technically on a new engine with models and new gfx. Unless an expansion or sequel to FF7.

Boxer of the Galaxy Insider Information (FF7 remake and why we havn't got it) Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin1199 View Post
    You mean technically or content wise? FF7 was already made so I'm guessing technically on a new engine with models and new gfx. Unless an expansion or sequel to FF7.
    whenever i refer to remake, i mean remaking the game from scratch on a different engine. Everything is new, not just a remaster, but a remake.

So story, content, world would be made from scratch and new as well? That's madness. Why? For me, a remake is what FF3 DS is to FF3 nes.

The Quiet One Insider Information (FF7 remake and why we havn't got it) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure that's the type of remake Rowan is referring. Saying everything is new from scratch is meaning the assets in the game. It's FFVII so everything else would naturally still be the same, story, combat, gameplay. It'd just be remade from the ground up. Which is a time involved process.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner