Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How should FF15 be?

Antidrall

How should FF15 be?

We know it's coming. I'm pretty sure that immeadiately after ff 14 is released with aall it's expansions we're gonna hear bout the 15th installment. But how would you want It to be?

personally I want it to be less JRPGish. I want it to take a turn back to it's NES roots. not like it to be 8 bit but to be more medevil and not ludicrously futuristic or idiotic clothing(12). You know how the warrior of light looks in dissidia? something like that's what I want. I either want the gameplay to be a standard turn based style (the kind I grew up with) or an action RPG like kingdom hearts 2. If it's to be an action RPg They should have 3 characters in at the same time. Also you should be able to switch your character in the heat of battle. oh and also...BRING BACK THE JOB SYSTEM!

I feel like Final Fantasy is becoming too futuristic and it's loosing it's natural FF feel, that's just me. I agree with you and the Job System, but I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy isn't going to be back to the way it was any time soon.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I feel epic... How should FF15 be? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Shame, too, what's happening to the series. I remember all the first six games. Classics, fun, and very time-wasting. Then FFVII comes (which is another story all-together), followed by VIII, futuristic titles. I suppose it was okay, it is a FANTASY setting after all. Then IX came with a pleasant reminder of what the series is. Then X comes, and while I dislike admitting it, things changed here. At least with FFVII and FFVIII there were references to medieval times. There are some castle-shaped buildings, and the final area of FFVIII was a castle, that's what I read, anyway. In FFX, its a heavy religious theme (impressive, considering FF games try to avoid God and such.) I can't speak on FFXI, but FFXII... it was a nice attempt, but not really what ANYONE was looking for. Now, there's FFXIII, which hardly looks like Final Fantasy, much less those Xeno games. Not sure about FFXIV, I haven't followed that at all. I DO hope they make another game that returns to the series roots. (Yes, I even miss the stupid random battles, even though encountering them at your leisure is convenient.)

...Then again, perhaps that one true FINAL Final Fantasy is coming... Maybe, but probably not. Not until they screw up big time.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Registered User How should FF15 be?
    How should Final Fantasy XV be? Well, here's what I personally would like to see:

Large, explorable environments. A must-have for me, because I want to be immersed in a game when I play it, especially a Final Fantasy game. I can't really do that when there's nothing remarkable to see. I don't mind the futuristic feel at all that some Final Fantasy games have. If I think the environment is done well, or the setting makes sense to the plot, then I'm for whatever.

A storyline that isn't just filled to the brim with emotional angst. A little angst is fine, just don't make it where is just a depressing experience for the player.

A good amount of interactions with NPCs (minor characters, townsfolk, etc). Some NPCs have the best dialogue in a game, and a lot of 'em have made my favorite character lists.

Airships that you can control. This needs to be brought back.

A good number of mini games and sidequests, so if you want a break from the main story, you can spend/waste some time on those. They should also have good rewards for completed these tasks.

Characters that are endearing to the player and have interesting backstories, and not ones that are just carbon-copies of others, or thier design based from others. *cough*Lightning*cough*

I happen to think that the customization of characters like you could do in XII needs another chance. I was one of those people who liked the license board, and gambits were a neat addition as well. I liked that if you favored a particular character, but you didn't like thier weapon or thought it was unsuitable for use at the time, you could just equip a different one (if you had the license), and still keep your favorite character in play.

As for gameplay itself, yeah I'm a big fan of Action/Adventure games, and it seems a lot more fun to me that once you hit a command the character does that command with no wait involved. For a Final Fantasy game though, I think unless you're controlling one character (like you did in Crisis Core), then it should be the traditional turn-based RPG style, and I don't mind the wait because you have time to plan out your strategy. I really don't have a strategy when I play single-player Action titles. Just hit stuff until said stuff is no longer deemed as a threat.

NO RANDOM BATTLES! We have moved passed that! Please, let's not regress in the progress made!

That's all I can think of.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

XII is awesome, talking bad about it is talking bad about all of them. Also XIIIv is an action RPG like Kingdom Hearts.

We wont be seeing anything about XV for at least 5 years I'm guessing, it's taken SE 3+ years to even finish XIII since XII was released, and with doing 3 titles from XIII and an MMO with XIV (which isn't a problem due to the FFXI team working on it) I don't think XV wont be seen for awhile.

AS far what to see in it? Something new, bringing things back is cool but can't overdue it. Job system would be cool but it'll need to be revamped, SE will make up a new battle system. I don't care about what setting though. I'm more interested in Ivalice and what they are going to reveal next.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    NO RANDOM BATTLES! We have moved passed that! Please, let's not regress in the progress made!
    The only reason why I prefer random battles is because in games where you can see the enemies like XII, Grandia II, Chrono Cross, Tales of Symphonia ect... I end up dodging everything If I see all the enemies, I feel obligated to fight them all because there's only a certain amount in each area, wheres when you get random battles, you just get them whenever and there's an unlimited amount. yes, I know they respawn but in games like Grandia they don't come back as often at the time you need them, in that area.

EDIT: Plus, I like running around in circles like a bafoon when I want to train like crazy I run in different patterns to see which way will score me battles the fastest.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-02-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I prefer random battle, almost like Lost Odyssey battles. Mainly because with random battles I force myself to sit there and grind if needed. With something like FFXII, I only want to make my chain good, so it's tough to find a fast chain grind for LP, Chain and XP.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User How should FF15 be? Yesha's Avatar
    FFXII was good though.. but the probLem was it's storyLine was quite short, making the pLayers enjoy the sidequests more! And.. I don't know much about FFXIII, I just saw some of it's screendshots and Shiva (the summon) changed aLot, LoL! But in a good way.. and bringing CarbuncLe back is a good decision, the characters are pretty much interesting especiaLLy Snow! weLL.. about FFXIV, I don't know much about it either.

WeLL.. for me, I want the "FFXV" to be Like kinda FFXII or FFXIII with just more additions, Like:

*Much much exciting storyLine, sometimes more twists are great.
    *Great main character(s)! (That wiLL be remembered as the finaL fantasy's series are going on)
    *More fun sidequests and minigames/miniquests.
    *Interaction to many different races.
    *Mmm.. have more summons! And bring back doomtrain! LoL!
    *New cooL weapons (aside from the usuaL sword!)
    *More different enemies/monsters
    *Mmm.. what eLse? Have different skiLLs on each characters.. so, everyone wiLL be usefuL!
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Go with me, Exkaizer~ How should FF15 be? Treize's Avatar
    I think the biggest thing i would want is for Final Fantasy XV to be more of a medieval game like Final Fantasy IX instead of being futuristic. I like futuristic games, but it would be nice for Final Fantasy to take on a more classic approach again.

Also it would be nice if the world is vast and explorable. I heard that Final Fantasy XIII is really linear, and I hope that Final Fantasy XV doesn't turn out to be like that. The vast and explorable world was one of the best features in Final Fantasy XII, and from what I hear, I'm disappointed in Final Fantasy XIII's approach.

I'm sure the battle system won't be that bad with whatever they decide to do, but like others have said, I would like to see the job system back. If the job system isn't brought back, I would like to see a game like Final Fantasy IV or Final Fantasy IX where each character specializes in a specific job like black mage, thief, etc. I don't want to see something like the license board again. I think there are better systems that can be implemented.

I really doubt that random battles will be brought back, but I wouldn't mind either way. Both ways have their pluses and minuses, and I would probably enjoy it equally either way.

I'm sure that I will have more ideas after I play Final Fantasy XIII. From what I've heard, Final Fantasy XIII isn't as good as many people were expecting, so I hope Final Fantasy XV turns out to be a great game that can live up to expectations of the Final Fantasy series.

Also I know it is going to take forever for the game to be made, but I hope it doesn't take too long. I don't like having to wait 3-5 years for these recent games to be made if they are only going to be mediocre compared to what we've seen previously.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Blog Entries

More Spoony Bards.

Edit: Ralz, isn't that a little ignorant to call out FF13 and FF14 about not being "true to the Final Fantasy roots" when those two games are not even out yet? I think FFXII did a decent job of making the FF games more "Final Fantasy-like" so far, and that's the most recent one. Don't be all jumping the gun and dogging some game when it hasn't even came out on the North American shores, so easy on the FF hate kiddo.
    Last edited by Rocky; 01-02-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Gunblade wielder How should FF15 be? Nunubx's Avatar
    What do I want in XV?

What I want to see is a simple storyline, I mean, alot of the final fantasys have all these complex storylines that are as wide as the pacific ocean and as deep as the grand canyon which makes the story next to impossible to fallow.

I also want to see no relateable characters because I play video games so I can be a badass dude with a huge sword, not some emo *bleep* who whines all the time.

I would also like to see is a real time battle system. I mean, let's face it, turn base RPGS are on the decline recently and real time RPGS are on rise and I think square should capitalize on that.

Anyways, here are some of the things I would like to see in XV.
    "This is my story. It'll go the way I want it... or I'll end it here."-Tidus

“You are who you are. Believe in yourself.“-Bartz

Quote Originally Posted by Nunubx View Post
    What do I want in XV?

What I want to see is a simple storyline, I mean, alot of the final fantasys have all these complex storylines that are as wide as the pacific ocean and as deep as the grand canyon which makes the story next to impossible to fallow.

I also want to see no relateable characters because I play video games so I can be a badass dude with a huge sword, not some emo *bleep* who whines all the time.
    So you played FFVII for what reason? Because that hero wields a giant sword and is also an emo who whines.

and what do you mean more simple. Not a single FF has a complex storyline. Don't say FFXII because that shit is simple as FFIV
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I'll make you famous How should FF15 be? Rydia Lover's Avatar
    i agree with the op, i think that they should bring amano back as the character designer and come back with the sword and shild era settings. i always thought amano's art was more cultural than nomura's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I want a new 16bit style FF game with a sequel game to Triple Triad.
    I know no-one else might want that so it'll never happen, but I can always dream.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I want a new 16bit style FF game with a sequel game to Triple Triad.
    I know no-one else might want that so it'll never happen, but I can always dream.
    hey, thats what the ds is for
    current games playing:
    Fallout New Vegas

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydia Lover View Post
    hey, thats what the ds is for
    I wish.

I mean the sprites moreso than anything. The DS remakes of older titles were great, but not as satisfying to me as the gba ports.
    victoria aut mors

Go with me, Exkaizer~ How should FF15 be? Treize's Avatar
    I don't necessarily really want this for Final Fantasy XV, but I do want this for some future Final Fantasy game that is coming out soon.

I want another strategy RPG Final Fantasy game that has a decent story. I really like the original Final Fantasy Tactics, but the recent tactics games have been a little too childish for me. I've been lacking my strategy RPG fix lately, and it would be cool to see another Final Fantasy one because Square has come up with one of the best battle systems for a strategy RPG.

Spoony bards would be pretty good too, though.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I wish.

I mean the sprites moreso than anything. The DS remakes of older titles were great, but not as satisfying to me as the gba ports.
    you never know when someone might want to make a spin off in the ds or the psp that uses sprites
    current games playing:
    Fallout New Vegas

Bananarama How should FF15 be? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm just waiting for FFXXX. Aw hell yeah.

In all seriousness, I would like to see something steampunk again, much like FFVI. That world was so much fun to me back in 16 bit, just imagine how incredible they can get it to look on the 360 or PS3. Also, I would like independent characters. I don't need all of the characters to only "look" differently; I want them to have their own unique battle skills. Hell, if someone can't use magic, then so be it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I want to play a game. How should FF15 be? Zargabaath's Avatar
    What would I want FF XV to be...?

I would Final Fantasy XV to be Final Fantasy XV. I'm not one to think and complain about that the newest FF if it is not like <insert FF>; if people want to play a game like a certain FF go play that FF - don't wish that every FF takes from a certain game in the series, that's how the series would get stale.

Could it be true that in the past gamers molded to the game and that now gamers want the game to mold to them?

Anyhuma, I will greet FF XV with an open mind without silly notions of what a FF or an RPG shall be (the latter put in because of the backlash FF XIII has received from such silliness); I know to look beyond simplistic characteristics and not go on a whine-fest.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I would like FFXV to take on a darker, more gothic element to it. Something like a medieval Midgar. Bring back sorceresses, espers (FFVI style) and a political edge to the storyline (like XII). I would like FF to take a step away from the cyber-punk, futuristic approach and delve into another setting altogether, perhaps even with a tinge of horror to it. Not that I would want FF to become a 'horror' game, but there were elements of previous titles that a mesmerising, dark and epic feel (Ultimecia's castle, the world of Ruin, City of the Ancients). I would definitely like to see more of that in an FF game. Going back to the roots of truly bringing light back into a really* darkened world.
    "Time...it will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on,
    It escapes you..."

Deceit, betrayal, blood lust, the down fall of entire nations, the real crystals, midevil future mix, death, world peace then total chaos, exile, death of friends, and that is all before the Final Fantasy XV logo appears.

I actually have thought about what I want the perfect FF to be for me and hopefully one day it will come to be. For it to happen it would have to have a mature rating and would have similar aspects to all of the FFs but in the end would be nothing like the rest.

One day when I have some time I plan on writing out a script for it and when I do I will publish it to the lit forum. Ideally though this is how I would love to see FFXV.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

.............. How should FF15 be? smurphy's Avatar
    I would like ideally to start off from where viii left off because ff just lost something during and after ix. So that means dynamic worlds(eg. compare Galbadia to Esther and youll see what i mean) , a dark and oppressing atmosphere, for christs sake bring back the world map and make summons the way they use to be, aka summoned once during a turn.

I'm DYING to see you! How should FF15 be? ViviMasterMage's Avatar
    I want a tasty blend of Final Fantasy IX and VI mixed a with a sprinkling of X and dash of V. In other words, Final Fantasy IX's all rounded-ness (It owns), awesome story like VI, some of X's gameplay, and V is for some of the story, medieval feel and job system!

Sound's good no?

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    I want a tasty blend of Final Fantasy IX and VI mixed a with a sprinkling of X and dash of V. In other words, Final Fantasy IX's all rounded-ness (It owns), awesome story like VI, some of X's gameplay, and V is for some of the story, medieval feel and job system!

Sound's good no?
    No.

They need to ignore 1-13, Tactics and all of it's glory and start from scratch. I don't want to hear "Make me another Squall." for FFXV like Lightning for FFXIII. I don't want them to make some new similarities from previous games. (I still stand by my speculation that FFXIII is the closest FFVII remake we will get) and what I mean is, how they present FFXIII, you got Lightning (Cloud) Cocoon? is it? (Midgar) you are some rebels helping the poor and weak, you battle in the city, you escape, you are introduced to this huge world! FFVII starts like that and I bet FFXIII will too. SE just needs to start from scratch.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I feel epic... How should FF15 be? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Ralz, isn't that a little ignorant to call out FF13 and FF14 about not being "true to the Final Fantasy roots" when those two games are not even out yet? I think FFXII did a decent job of making the FF games more "Final Fantasy-like" so far, and that's the most recent one. Don't be all jumping the gun and dogging some game when it hasn't even came out on the North American shores, so easy on the FF hate kiddo.
    Silly Rocky. I'm American, and we always attack something before its even released. Its only when the game actually proves us wrong (which happens a lot) that we shut up and accept it as a good game. From what I've read, FFXIII doesn't seem like its going to be the recordbreaker we were hoping for, thus my fire is fueled.

AS far as XIV is concered... well, I'm not into MMOs at all, so this'll fly over my head, but I won't attack it... Just mock it.

Also, Loaf, from the opening I saw, it starts on a train and the first boss is a scorpion robot. (Why do I get the feeling this entire game will be fanservice? )
    Last edited by Ralz; 01-15-2010 at 05:24 PM.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

All is One.One is All. How should FF15 be? Firefly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    Deceit, betrayal, blood lust, the down fall of entire nations, the real crystals, midevil future mix, death, world peace then total chaos, exile, death of friends, and that is all before the Final Fantasy XV logo appears.
    Same here,that'd be awesome and kick a**.Needs to be romance and jealousy,too!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. How should FF15 be? Polk's Avatar
    Simple. They should make FFXV so that it's good.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Not just good. Mind-blowing. Jaw-dropping.
    "Time...it will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on,
    It escapes you..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast