Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How should FF15 be?

Rune Knight How should FF15 be? Trodorne's Avatar
    What do I want from Final Fantasy XV?

Design your main hero - Basically i want to be able to create my hero from scratch and have a generic save the world epic classic fantasy rpg. so design my skin, face, hair, race and my own name, lord knows i want to sit through a game and be called Vaan.... shudder

Job Classes- I want the job classes back again. like to be a freakin white mage and save the world... epic i have low defense and health and i still win.

CPU Party hire system - Tactics had a great idea in being able to hire generic characters on your quests or story. which is great cause then you could speed up the game if you want or slow things down and do it yourself.

Personalized Items - being able to enchant, or decorate my weapons with special gems or have my own chocobo, or my own Red Chocobo... or even having my own custom built airship. that can carry my chocobo.

Chance to go online - not saying make this game MMO. im saying that you could take your character online to fight in dungeons with other characters or chat it up with them. like a tavern and all these characters meet up and tell tales and shoot the shart.

Difficulty setting - if soloing was still boring for you kick up the difficulty curve on your own and have monsters randomly battling you out of no where. HOLY CARP A GIGAS!

Free Roaming - well that pretty much says itself. i was dissapointed with 12 and 11 on moving. hey im a tall elvaan and i can't go over a small rock...fail. i want to jump and swim. if i go into the ocean i drown. or buy a boat and sail the seas.

Less Cheese - oh man i can't stress this enough. okay japan i get it you love you bad joke and stereo types. but come on it gets old. just give me regular fantasy clothing and no person wearing odd clothes that looks like a mix of Thai / Indian / and Japanese outfits.

Trades - and i don't mean like trading items although that isn't a bad idea. ill take anyones first born to get rid of my copy of The Wiz. but seriously Final Fantasy XI and the other MMO's had it right to create trades which gives people something to do.

Guilds - It can work. and using networks on the PC, X-box, and the ps3 it would not be hard, and people could keep in contact or even meet up to do dungeons for awesome gear.

No Voice Acting - Please. im on my knees asking for no more voice acting. text is better.

No Guns - this is a fantasy game, not the bloody shooting policy of the American accuracy where it is "Accuracy by quantity". (no offense to you guys south of the border) realistically a person with a staff or sword should not be able to take down a soldier with a automatic sub machine gun.
    Last edited by Trodorne; 01-30-2010 at 09:10 PM.

I'll make you famous How should FF15 be? Rydia Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    What do I want from Final Fantasy XV?

Design your main hero - Basically i want to be able to create my hero from scratch and have a generic save the world epic classic fantasy rpg. so design my skin, face, hair, race and my own name, lord knows i want to sit through a game and be called Vaan.... shudder

Job Classes- I want the job classes back again. like to be a freakin white mage and save the world... epic i have low defense and health and i still win.

CPU Party hire system - Tactics had a great idea in being able to hire generic characters on your quests or story. which is great cause then you could speed up the game if you want or slow things down and do it yourself.

Personalized Items - being able to enchant, or decorate my weapons with special gems or have my own chocobo, or my own Red Chocobo... or even having my own custom built airship. that can carry my chocobo.

Chance to go online - not saying make this game MMO. im saying that you could take your character online to fight in dungeons with other characters or chat it up with them. like a tavern and all these characters meet up and tell tales and shoot the shart.

Difficulty setting - if soloing was still boring for you kick up the difficulty curve on your own and have monsters randomly battling you out of no where. HOLY CARP A GIGAS!

Free Roaming - well that pretty much says itself. i was dissapointed with 12 and 11 on moving. hey im a tall elvaan and i can't go over a small rock...fail. i want to jump and swim. if i go into the ocean i drown. or buy a boat and sail the seas.

Less Cheese - oh man i can't stress this enough. okay japan i get it you love you bad joke and stereo types. but come on it gets old. just give me regular fantasy clothing and no person wearing odd clothes that looks like a mix of Thai / Indian / and Japanese outfits.

Trades - and i don't mean like trading items although that isn't a bad idea. ill take anyones first born to get rid of my copy of The Wiz. but seriously Final Fantasy XI and the other MMO's had it right to create trades which gives people something to do.

Guilds - It can work. and using networks on the PC, X-box, and the ps3 it would not be hard, and people could keep in contact or even meet up to do dungeons for awesome gear.

No Voice Acting - Please. im on my knees asking for no more voice acting. text is better.

No Guns - this is a fantasy game, not the bloody shooting policy of the American accuracy where it is "Accuracy by quantity". (no offense to you guys south of the border) realistically a person with a staff or sword should not be able to take down a soldier with a automatic sub machine gun.
    congradualtions, you just described final fantasy XI
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Blog Entries

Re: How should FF15 be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rydia Lover View Post
    congradualtions, you just described final fantasy XI
    Final Fantasy 11 has guns.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Out of everything he said, 2 of them will be in the next Final Fantasy.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

with the exception of guns an airship and a hire system, everything else he described is in final fantasy XI, and i would hardly say the guns in FF XI are anywhere near sci fi, especially since they are matchlock guns.
    Last edited by Rydia Lover; 01-31-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    current games playing:
    Fallout New Vegas

i should have specified more clearly that its an offline game that can allow a person to go online if they choose much like the Diablo series. which was fun by the way. damn ninja cows!

lol your ideas are the worse I have ever heard.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

why is my idea the worst you ever heard?

Well for one, voice acting is going to stay, maybe not for just normal dialog but during cut-scenes (much like FFT:WoTL).

Anything online for a single player Final Fantasy isn't going to happen, they focus their online for FFXI and FFXIV. Job classes, now yes that sounds interesting, that is the good customizing for Final Fantasy. Personalizing items, they honestly can make a big improvement from FFX's item customizing, making your own airship would be cool but I don't see it happening.

Your whole online idea that you put is like turning FF into The Sims online with FFT's (WoTL)new coop missions. Sit in the tavern, "HAI GUYS THIS IS A WASTE OF MY TIME!", FFT:WoTL had the only good way of doing online coop. With the free roaming you describe it's almost like you want SE to turn Final Fantasy into The Elder Scrolls. Trading is put into MMOs so people don't have to spend their in game income, only problem is, people don't really trade items....they trade the money for the items, so they kinda aren't trading at all. The NPC trading option in XI wasn't really "trading" either. Guild thing is stupid for an offline game, you have your guild mates on your friends list, good enough. It's a video game, guns are going to return without a doubt. Design your own hero would only work for the online versions, XI has it (poorly) and I have a feeling XIV will not improve it that much.

Difficulty settings would be cool, that is why they have challenges for players to try out, speed runs, play it with this guy only, don't use this, don't use that. Also FFXII lets you swap out party members when you eventually get more then 3, you don't have to play as Vaan, unless you're running through a town. Tactics character hire was cool but the only problem was, they always started out at lvl1. And with this whole now cheese thing, well, I aint got much to say. You could have easily made your entire list shorter by saying, "Make FFXV into another MMO."
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    . Trading is put into MMOs so people don't have to spend their in game income, only problem is, people don't really trade items....they trade the money for the items, so they kinda aren't trading at all. The NPC trading option in XI wasn't really "trading" either. Guild thing is stupid for an offline game, you have your guild mates on your friends list, good enough.
    I think you misunderstood the word Trade. i meant as in a profession like enchanting or jewelcrafting. or cooking food or alchemy for potions and such. i don't mean trading as in trading items. i think you skimmed that part. as for online part it would be free to run like Diablo games have like battle net. its been free for the longest time and go figure people still go on it. as for the guild its something for people to make their clans or what ever crap they do when they go online. just tags all those teens put on.

A single player game with those kind of online capabilities is pointless. Diablo does allow you to go online with your single player characters, Open Battle.net, it's home of all the hacked items. The way you just describe trading is how I described it. Yea when people say you can trade in games, people rarely trade items, people usually trade their money for it. So now you want SE to turn Final Fantasy into a third person running around game? Way to suggest another way to piss of the fan base.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I think you misunderstood the word Trade. i meant as in a profession like enchanting or jewelcrafting. or cooking food or alchemy for potions and such. i don't mean trading as in trading items. i think you skimmed that part. as for online part it would be free to run like Diablo games have like battle net. its been free for the longest time and go figure people still go on it. as for the guild its something for people to make their clans or what ever crap they do when they go online. just tags all those teens put on.
    um i dont know how to tell you this, but that also... was in XI, im a blacksmith and a goldsmith, and a gardener right now lol.
    current games playing:
    Fallout New Vegas

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! How should FF15 be? ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

It really doesn't matter what my opinion is on this subject, if Square makes a Final Fantasy XV or not its pretty much up to them. Yes I would like to see a Final Fantasy XV game, but I'm sick of the online Final Fantasy idea for Final Fantasy XI and soon to be XIV. I have the worst of luck with online Final Fantasies. Hope if Square does make a XV keep it away from the online department.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

i should have specified more clearly that its an offline game that can allow a person to go online if they choose much like the Diablo series. which was fun by the way. damn ninja cows!
    Maybe it's because every time I have bought a new Diablo game I have become a reclusive hermit for at least a month, but that idea actually appeals to me. If you don't feel like playing with other people, go single player (though I'd hope it'd play more like FF than Diablo/2), if you want the multi experience, you have that too only because there's singleplayer as well it's not forced on you like multiplayer only FF games.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Maybe it's because every time I have bought a new Diablo game I have become a reclusive hermit for at least a month, but that idea actually appeals to me. If you don't feel like playing with other people, go single player (though I'd hope it'd play more like FF than Diablo/2), if you want the multi experience, you have that too only because there's singleplayer as well it's not forced on you like multiplayer only FF games.
    thanks silver you get what i mean. im a horrible party person. so instead of making the entire thing online. why not just make it an option if people feel like playing with others.
    And i would not have trading items allowed obviously that point is not getting across. Professions and skills not trading items. like if you are going to have items that are naturally magically endowed they should be restricted to your character only as soon as you pick it up.
    some of you most online content but take that content and make it part of an OFFLINE game would make any game more entertaining.

oh and something else to add to my list.

if you want to appeal to both old school fans and the new kids to get them hooks which i suggest 15 should be the last.

Story line.

Two seperate stories on two disks.

Disk 1. have a story take place in a medieval high fantasy enviroment. and have a main villian who lets say looks to be killed by sucked into a crystal and shattered. make some story of involving the crystals and the job classes either going back to random battles with all the ATB blahs and blahs.

Disk 2. Seperate game where it is 10,000 years into the future. you can have pre rendered characters with cut scenes galore taking place in a futuristic city with guns, motorcycles and micheal bay esque explosions every few mins. make it japanese themed too does not mean ill play the disk. but that same villian from the first disk and other story will be the influence of this story. and the heros can tralalala about and have some sort of centralized love story that is ground breaking with music with 1 or two comic relief characters that act like total fools and a bad ass ally/ villian that does not care for the main character and gets them to act like an adult by calling them a fool and at some point they fight and the main character wins and the bad ass aknowledges the main characters power and follows him/ her still. blah blah blah. im sure SE can fill in the blanks.

If SE does that then we will see a repeat of the FFXIII release, except times it by 10. AKA we will never see FFXV if they do that.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I want to play a game. How should FF15 be? Zargabaath's Avatar

oh and something else to add to my list.

if you want to appeal to both old school fans and the new kids to get them hooks which i suggest 15 should be the last.

Story line.

Two seperate stories on two disks.

Disk 1. have a story take place in a medieval high fantasy enviroment. and have a main villian who lets say looks to be killed by sucked into a crystal and shattered. make some story of involving the crystals and the job classes either going back to random battles with all the ATB blahs and blahs.

Disk 2. Seperate game where it is 10,000 years into the future. you can have pre rendered characters with cut scenes galore taking place in a futuristic city with guns, motorcycles and micheal bay esque explosions every few mins. make it japanese themed too does not mean ill play the disk. but that same villian from the first disk and other story will be the influence of this story. and the heros can tralalala about and have some sort of centralized love story that is ground breaking with music with 1 or two comic relief characters that act like total fools and a bad ass ally/ villian that does not care for the main character and gets them to act like an adult by calling them a fool and at some point they fight and the main character wins and the bad ass aknowledges the main characters power and follows him/ her still. blah blah blah. im sure SE can fill in the blanks.

What the ... ... ...

No, just plain no. Two different stories for 1 Final Fantasy and it isn't even something like a Chrono Trigger where they have some similiarities. Dear Yevon, just no. I've read your posts and it seems that maybe FF or JRPGs in general are not your thing - Diablo 3 is coming out relatively soon so you can play that.

But most of your ideas seem to be more for a Western stye RPG; let JRPGs be JRPGs and WRPGs be WRPGS and not try to have JRPGs become WRPGs.

It also seems that you are one of those types of gamer who really really really cares about jumping, swimming, etc and not on the actual game or that you blow those out of proportion - if you want the games to be real then how about you have 1 life then the game is over and then you have to start from the beginning? Too real for you? Then don't ask for games to be real because you'd probably be upset about it being too real eventually.

Also, as said by others, fantasy is not strictly sword and sorcery (that is high fantasy), fantasy can have sci-fi elements are be sci-fi entirely - it is a fictitious world (a.k.a a fantasy world). Futhermore, guns don't make a game not a fantasy, the usage of guns in Final Fantasy haven't made them sci-fi or not fantasy at all.

As I said in this thread before, let FF XV be FF XV, stop placing expectations/wants/needs on games in general and go with what the game offers instead of criticizing for what it doesn't. But that is unlikely.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

i thought the final fantasy series was all about bring new ideas to the table and the fan base accepting just about anything the company puts out. from Final fantasy VII sequels to die hard followers of 13 before it even came out. change in the game play will be inevitable its a matter on how willing of change will the audience be.

the thing is about the Japanese market they are very adaptable. so what if aspects of western culture is mixed with a Japanese title the game itself will still be unique as has been all other final fantasies. though i despise the later games like 10 and up. i treat SE like a business. and in business terms they don't give a fly fart about any of the fans, and they never will. as long as people keep squealing with joy anytime a final fantasy title comes out they will do what they want.

so we can debate all we want about what should and should not be on there. or you can let people say their ideas and leave them be as harmless imaginative ideas or just delete the thread.

if you really want to shoot someone down as something to do to pass the time ill set up a thread where you can bash me and my ideas all you want. until then those are just ideas from a personal gamers stand point.

IF you want more in an RPG, go play Japan exclusive RPGs, since well in Japan Final Fantasy is the main stream RPG and a lot of RPG fans laugh at Final Fantasy fans. Cause those exclusive ones are apparently way way better then Final Fantasy. We shun you with your ideas because it's like you want SE to change Final Fantasy completely. Each Final Fantasy that comes after another usually just adds a few things to it. FFX took out the world map, you just ran through a zone, FFXII improved that by making the places you run through more interactive, no battle screen. Did you see much change from FFVI to FFVII? The customizing and graphics were pretty much the only thing that was improved, same with VIII, IX was an exception since it was Final Fantasy appreciation.

Just with what I see with your ideas is that you are pretty much saying. START OVER, which we all know wont happen. Also again, you are describing FFXI and FFXIV, which already exist.
    Last edited by loaf; 02-01-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

i thought the final fantasy series was all about bring new ideas to the table and the fan base accepting just about anything the company puts out.
    While the series is about change and bringing new things to the table, the fanbase will cry and pout over change now - unfortunately.

the thing is about the Japanese market they are very adaptable.
    No they are not. Many top developers for big gaming companies have said that they wished the japanese gamer to open up more to more/new ideas. Some of those guys were from Konami and SE I believe.

so what if aspects of western culture is mixed with a Japanese title the game itself will still be unique as has been all other final fantasies.
    Now RPG players are wanting JRPGs to be more like WRPGs - they just want all WRPGs; as I said let JRPGs be JRPGs and WRPGs be WRPGs. And what you suggested was not a little bit. As others have said there is FF XI and soon FF XIV for you to play or wait for Diablo 3.

though i despise the later games like 10 and up. i treat SE like a business. and in business terms they don't give a fly fart about any of the fans, and they never will. as long as people keep squealing with joy anytime a final fantasy title comes out they will do what they want.
    Actually they do care because if nobody wants to buy their product they go under like Atlantis. A business should care about how the consumer views their product that way to make a better product to get... what? MORE PROFITS! YAY!

so we can debate all we want about what should and should not be on there. or you can let people say their ideas and leave them be as harmless imaginative ideas or just delete the thread.
    If you don't want your ideas debated than posting on a forum is not the wisest decision, otherwise be prepared that people will disagree with you.

if you really want to shoot someone down as something to do to pass the time ill set up a thread where you can bash me and my ideas all you want. until then those are just ideas from a personal gamers stand point.
    Don't want to bash you. Don't care about bashing you. Don't care about you which is why I wouldn't waste my time just bashing you, I have better things to do like - Xenogears - however I may sometimes have time to either agree or disagree with you.

Loaf, FF IX did add something to the series that I would love to make a return in another installment - Active Time Events.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

stop bringing up XI and XIV and comparing it to diablo series. their online are totally different. XI and XIV are totally online and have no offline modes. what i was suggesting was not the same to XI or XIV. oh man he is suggesting going online only for dungeons, that is so much like XI and XIV. disagree with me all you want. does not make your points any more valid then mine.

As I said, the offline to online is full of hacked items, you that is the way you want to play then go ahead. Or you go on normal battle.net and have your online character, not your single player character, so that online character can't be played on single player. If you play Open Battle.net then that isn't much to say. We are comparing it to FFXI and FFXIV because you say guilds, well in Diablo you can't form your guild, you join the channel, XI and XIV have linkeshells. You said in an earlier post that you don't want it to be an MMO, but you want people to be able to go online and do random dungeons with other people....sounds like an MMO. Massive Multiplayer Online, Diablo can be a small MMO too, since you can go online, multiplayer....and it's an RPG. The way you described your ideas makes it an MMO, which is why we said, you are describing FFXI.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Go with me, Exkaizer~ How should FF15 be? Treize's Avatar

I don't like the idea of Final Fantasy XV becoming both an online and offline game. I have never played a good game that had both offline and online capabilities. I think that if SE made FFXV this way, the game would only end up being mediocre at both, instead of picking something and doing it well. Besides, FFXIV is going to be a MMORPG, so that should satisfy people for at least a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath
    While the series is about change and bringing new things to the table, the fanbase will cry and pout over change now - unfortunately.
    Again, not all changes are good ones. Just because something has changed doesn't make it better. Personally, I haven't had much of a problem with the majority of the changes that SE has made, but sometimes their ideas aren't the greatest. I think that if you're going to change something it should be for the better. I don't want Final Fantasy to start degrading over time from what it is just for the sake of change. Being experimental is okay, but it wouldn't be too good if SE started to change what makes FF good and end up screwing up the series.

I wouldn't mind playing a two-part Final Fantasy if it is done right. I think it would be kind of cool if SE came out with a great game, and then a couple years later came out with a game that relates to some themes that occurred in the previous game. It would be kind of like FFX and FFX-2, but hopefully not such a disaster story wise like FFX-2 was.

There are so many things that SE could do. I just hope that they do it right.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Ark Gabbiani

My thoughts:

- The game should be less linear.
    - It should have a female protagonist.
    - The setting should be steampunk-ish.
    - The story should avoid clichés, but it should still have what makes a Final Fantasy games - Chocobos, Moogles, airships etc.
    - Yoshida should design the characters.
    - Amano should draw the characters for official artwork and such.
    - Nomura should design the monsters.
    - Uematsu should be the composer.
    - The job system should return, I've always liked that. ^^,
    - No random encounters please.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    As I said, the offline to online is full of hacked items, you that is the way you want to play then go ahead. Or you go on normal battle.net and have your online character, not your single player character, so that online character can't be played on single player. If you play Open Battle.net then that isn't much to say. We are comparing it to FFXI and FFXIV because you say guilds, well in Diablo you can't form your guild, you join the channel, XI and XIV have linkeshells. You said in an earlier post that you don't want it to be an MMO, but you want people to be able to go online and do random dungeons with other people....sounds like an MMO. Massive Multiplayer Online, Diablo can be a small MMO too, since you can go online, multiplayer....and it's an RPG. The way you described your ideas makes it an MMO, which is why we said, you are describing FFXI.
    difference being a MMO and regular always online MMO is paying. the Diablo type MMO is FREE. with the money that they could get from people still on 11 and 14 could fund just a single server. as for the items why not make good but regular items for the single player and epic binds to a character type gear in the dungeons preferably in the co-op dungeons, and there are ways around the hacked items, i noticed that alot of achievements activate on events or rewards on the PS3, so why not make a cheater achievement that alters gameplay in the fashion if you cheat at all all rare and powerful weapons and items can not be grabbed by you or traded (assuming trades would be allowed, but once again not the type of trading i was refering too.) to you. as for pc types that can be fixed by not allowing them access to debugging the game, with a few pre-emptive codes that makes the game crash when its trying to be access.

and refering back to the oblivion part. though oblivion was night looking that was alot of downloading and loading on the terrain. i don't see why they could not keep the graphics small in compared. with the NPC is hate to say this but bring back the gambit systems for them only. and you could have open combat with what 11 and 12 tried to do with Active Time Bars or Set or what it was called back in the old games. and you could choose to make it active or when your character or another character comes up they can have the menu selection.

plus id have chocobo breeding. and less palette swaps; so it means less: red wolf, blue wolf, brown wolf, fire wolf, ice wolf, wind wolf, wolf with a mustache, wold with a cane and top hat, inside out zombie wolf, teen wolf and teen wolf 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Again, not all changes are good ones. Just because something has changed doesn't make it better. Personally, I haven't had much of a problem with the majority of the changes that SE has made, but sometimes their ideas aren't the greatest. I think that if you're going to change something it should be for the better. I don't want Final Fantasy to start degrading over time from what it is just for the sake of change. Being experimental is okay, but it wouldn't be too good if SE started to change what makes FF good and end up screwing up the series.
    I know that change does not equate to something being better however I was saying that a nice portion of the fanbase is not receptive to change whatsoever or have the mind set to be open to change - they just want SE to rehash ideas because it is "classic". This "classic" they clamor about isn't even what really is classic; classic is NES era. I too don't want Final Fantasy to degrade however some of the fanbase has petty notions of what Final Fantasy or RPGs are, example: take a peak at the FF XIII boards at gamefaqs, though it may not be as bad when the game was first released over in Japan. Their minds can't expand and think even a bit outside the box.

Another factor as to why gamers loved Squaresoft/Final Fantasy back in the day and not SE/newer FFs is because of their age - tiny pikes who are easily impressionable, going wowzers mostly over anything; then they grow up and finding the same things not so great but still consider their childhood experience fantastic and the greatest.

difference being a MMO and regular always online MMO is paying. the Diablo type MMO is FREE.
    That makes no sense, a regular always online MMO and an MMO; you just said the same thing, did you even go to school? You know there are MMOs that are free of charge? and yes they are like playing WoW, or Lineage 2, or Guild Wars, but free.

And once again you tend you just ignore a debate and go right back to your description in what it looks like you want FFXV to be Diablo 4.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Isn't Diablo considered to be more of a ORPG rather than an MMO so it totally different genre? I may be mistaken but I don't think Diablo is an MMO. If I am correct, that is a bad example.

The Diablo series would be more akin to Phantasy Star Universe (I'f my memory is correct about the latter game); I haven't played PSU in a very long time and it wasn't extensive either.

Anything online, multiplayer can be considered an MMO, it's with the huge breakthrough in the past 5 years with the name of MMO being put under the types of game you pay montly. Diablo is Massive, it's multiplayer, and it's online. But I see why you would call it an ORPG.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast