Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Announced

Post Final Fantasy XIV Announced

During Sony's press conference at E3 they showed a new trailer for Final Fantasy 13
    Big deal eh?

Well shortly after they shocked everyone with the announcement of Final Fantasy 14. And guess what?
    It's another MMO!

The trailer should be up everywhere over the next few hours.

Also Square-Enix's press conference will be aired live over G4 Wenesday
    morning, Hopefully they will elaborate on details for all the upcoming Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles.
    My personal wish is to finally see some Final Fantasy Versus 13 gameplay.

Master of the Shadow Key Final Fantasy XIV Announced KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Great! Just #$%#$ Great! That was sarcasm by the way....Why???? Why another Final Fantasy that I can't play because the stupid constant payments?!?! Not everyone is rich, Square-Enix!!! Just let me pay once and be done with it!!

*pop* sorry....lost my cool for a second....I'm still mad.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

That's pretty sad they're doing 'another' MMO. I guess they're running out of ideas... Like KeybladerXIII mentioned, monthly payments will suck. I used to play WoW... and dishing out cash every month just isn't worth it. Unless maybe they do it like Guild Wars... that would be pleasant haha... but someone I doubt we'll be so lucky.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Servers have to get paid some way. Nobody here can't get 50 cents a day? This time I'll play the MMO when it starts.

Sure, when you break it down to 50 cents, that's nothing. But by the end of the year that is around 180 dollars... 2 years, 360... And so it goes on. Not forgetting you have to buy the actual game. Then more expansions will come.
    FFXI is already out there, there are expansions... *Shrug*
    There must be good reason behind it, so I'll give it a chance.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

What would really get me angry is if they put in a character whose name is Thunder or something like that. They would say he is the male version of Lightning who is the female version of Cloud. OHOHOHO!!! I get it!! Clouds cause Lightning which come with Thunder. OHOHOHO!! (stupid weather puns)
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Insanity is a girls best friend. Final Fantasy XIV Announced Fearless's Avatar
    Ah, sh*t.
    Oh well.
    If we're lucky they'll change their minds. We all know it's gonna take about 5 years for it to come out anyhow.
    I hear you whisper,
    Love me
    Love me

It's out in 2010 as well apparently.

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ Final Fantasy XIV Announced chaosweapon's Avatar
    Yes but it's weird that the game is exclusive to the PS3. I'd rather play an MMORPG on my PC.

Sir Prize Final Fantasy XIV Announced Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm disappointed as well, but I'm still waiting on XIII and Versus before I even think about any other additions. If XIII sucks, I will most likely never play another FF game.

On the other hand, XIV looks truly good, imho. Even though it is an MMO/Online game, I'm still holding out hope. We'll see. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, all eyes are on XIII.

But it does look like we'll need a new forum on here.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
    There must be good reason behind it, so I'll give it a chance.
    Nooooo. Square-Enix doesn't have to be a celestial being! You can dislike the idea of an MMO!

Quote Originally Posted by KeybladerXIII View Post
    What would really get me angry is if they put in a character whose name is Thunder or something like that. They would say he is the male version of Lightning who is the female version of Cloud. OHOHOHO!!! I get it!! Clouds cause Lightning which come with Thunder. OHOHOHO!! (stupid weather puns)
    Let it be known that a Squall will arrive with bounties of Sleet and Hail to purge the Sins of mankind!

Quote Originally Posted by chaosweapon View Post
    Yes but it's weird that the game is exclusive to the PS3. I'd rather play an MMORPG on my PC.
    It's probably one of those Sony "exclusives". Like it'll be an exclusive for one month before it's released on the 360, and then it's only exclusive as far as consoles go so it'll still be on the PC regardless.
    Last edited by SOLDIER #819; 06-02-2009 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

I feel epic... Final Fantasy XIV Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Oh... can't they just leave one concept to a single game? I can't even begin to get involved in MMOs. I just hope they choose something different, they have lots of time.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Hmm, I hope they take it into a different direction than FFXI. Not saying that FFXI is bad at all (love the game), but two similar mmorpgs in a short span of time would not be cool. Maybe it will be more action oriented.
    Man I am already liking the seemingly medieval setting to the game.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Final Fantasy XIV Announced RagnaToad's Avatar
    Awch. That was one I did not see coming. The things that make most FFs so great and replayable are the stories, and the characters that come with it. Too bad they have to muffle another MMO title in the series.

It's SE's decision, but I never understood why they didn't call FF XI someting else instead of creating a gap in the actual FFs for the fans who wait every couple of years to play the next story. (I guess X-2 had to fill in for that one?)

There are already so many extra and spinoff titles in the series like Tactics, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Crystal Chronicles and so on. So why not make the MMO's an extra title?

Why waste a beautiful thing like giving the players a new FF with every new Roman number?
    SE's gonna get a lot of haters with this one. Be forewarned!
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-02-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

YouTube - FF14 online - link to ff14 teaser

Some other small info:
    ~Final Fantasy 14 a PS3 exclusive - mirror.co.uk
    ~E3 2009 Sony Press Conference: Final Fantasy XIV Online Coming Exclusively To PS3 In 2010 - G4tv.com

There's no doubt in my mind it will be on PC as well as the PS3. Console exclusive really directs to the three mainframe consoles, not including the PC.

If this is going to become a trend for Final Fantasy, with MMOs and whatnot, I might get angry enough to give up on them. I got into FF because of the epic stories and character development, I don't want to run around with other people, killing goblins and grinding just to level up for no particular reason than to show off your "skillz" (I'd much rather kill goblins and grind to level up solo, thank you). When I play FF, I want to face off a final boss with unique characters fighting with me to an epic score, watch them disintegrate into oblivion and wrap up the story with a big "THE END" sign after the credits. I think both VI and VII fans can agree on that at least.

*gasps for air* sorry for the rant, I'm not usually like this, I just really hate MMOs.

Tsuna Feesh Final Fantasy XIV Announced Fate's Avatar
    Square Enix is one of the best companies at introducing early games! Seriously, 13 hasn't even come out yet, and already there's a 14! Whatever happened to Agito and VS? This game has to come out in like, 2012 or something!

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Shake it like a polaroid picture Final Fantasy XIV Announced RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyz View Post
    Square Enix is one of the best companies at introducing early games! Seriously, 13 hasn't even come out yet, and already there's a 14! Whatever happened to Agito and VS? This game has to come out in like, 2012 or something!
    Yeah. It almost makes FF XIII look old. Like FF XII did from when it was out for 2 weeks.

Who was even thinking about FF XIV?

We don't even know shit about FF XIII...
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy XIV Announced Xanatos's Avatar
    Well I don't like that FF XIV is going to be MMO game and the fact that I must pay every month to play that game.I mean there is no need for that.But who knows what will happen,for now I'm only thinking about FF XIII.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 06-02-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Final Fantasy XIV Announced T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Probably Squeenix noticed that their ailing Final Fantasy XI can't handle more, and they're going to make a new MMO that faces the virtually almighty World of Warcraft? Except better graphics and whatnot?

Since, basically, that's the deal. World of Warcraft is making most people take a good look at MMOs, if only because of its ridiculous popularity.

Though, who knows? Perhaps it's free, but with a premium service for those who love to cheat, and pay to cheat. Maybe they'll provide something like Excalibur or Ragnarok, character bound, for the mere sum of 10 bucks or something? But, aside from that, it'll probably be free.

Still: a new MMO. On the PS3. Won't they ever learn? Methinks Squeenix is trying to prove how popular it is with a ridiculous concept.

Hey, maybe it's me, but what if this finally makes them realize that they aren't the leading RPG company anymore? That Atlus, Nippon Ichi, Success, XSEED, and Bamco are bleeding them dry? Perhaps they'll make better FF games, probably ditch Nomura and Kitase, perhaps give some respect to old stars like Akitoshi Kawazu, and revive some series that should have had sequels (like the Ogre series)
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Che
    First of all, people have always said "exclusively for..."blah blah blah. FF13 was "exclusively for PS3" until they decided to port it to Xbox and push back the release. Things aren't exactly set in stone here. In the video he said "...and Playstation 3 will be the only console you'll be able to play Final Fantasy 14 on when it launches in 2010."

Also, MMO's are the new thing. Out with the old, in with the new. Get with the program. That kind of deal. If you want to play the same old RPGs with all that crap pick up a nintendo DS and go crazy.

The Quiet One Final Fantasy XIV Announced Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One thing you have to remember is that FFXI is the most profitable FF game in the franchise. They said in an interview. This is because of the subscriptions. You think they are going to turn away from something like that?

FFXI is hardly ailing, it's population has remained at a steady half million for the last few years. They are going to be porting it over to the PS3 as well. So they are fully supporting it even now.

Anyway, who else noticed that the some character designs from FFXI are in FFXIV. When I first saw the trailer I was like what another and FFXIII is not out yet and to be released within a year of FFXIII. Where they've been hiding this. Then I looked at it and saw the character and like so the FFXI team is doing this game? Because its the exact same character designs and rendering engine. And then it is said new online game, and so now I know what they MMO of SE that has been rumored for years turns out to be.

Still it makes since going on the PS3, no charges for being online with a PSN and all PS3 come with a HDD be default. Something that isn't in every package of 360s. So that ends up limiting the audience or forcing them to pay to find a HDD.

I don't know if I want to play another MMO, but I'm excited to see some gameplay.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I have to agree with Oskar and Andro on this one, it is a marketing ploy. And a smart one on SE's behalf.

As for my opinion I think it is a good thing, there needs to be more competetion with WoW. The MMO market is a gold mine and SE is smart for trying to get their chunk of change out of it. So what they release one more MMO that puts it at 2 MMOs VS how many other titles that are not??? It is not the end of the world. SE will surely put out more none FFMMO style games that are edgey (somewhat) and competative with the current markets.

They are using stratagy to monopolize the industry (or attempt to). It is all a big game to them based off of tactics. Virtually the same you would use to conqour one of their titles.

Maybe they will do something crazy with this one and make it a subscription free game, who knows. Wouldn't be the best choice to do but hell they might also give soemthing like 4 free months. There is alot of marketing that could be done in this instance to boost sales and revenue.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Just kind of there. Final Fantasy XIV Announced Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *lets out a groaning noise that eventually comes out into*WHY!?

Serously this better be a better game than WoW and Guild Wars. Otherwise i'm not buyin.

Maybe do what Guild Wars is doing with their sequal and give the players from the last title incentive to upgrade to the new one while still fully supporting the last.
    Last edited by Calvan; 06-02-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Che
    Even if it was a slightly updated version of FFXI with a few tweaks like being able to solo to max level, I'd probably quit WoW to play it. Really bored with the game right now.

I have never played XI but to me this would be a new way to take on a new "life" away from what has been preset by you, the user, and gives you a new chance to bond with another character that you can tune and perfect into the perfect killing machine. Plus you get an added bonus of a new story line. Really I can't see where the cons out weigh the pros.

It also gives novice players a chance to get out there and leaern the game with out having to deal with shitty smart asses that think they know everything because once again every one will start fresh, all as noobs (maybe if they don't let you carry over)
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

I feel epic... Final Fantasy XIV Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    I suppose this could be a second chance at the MMO department, new designs, new story, different stuff, but I still don't know...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

I remember hearing quite a while ago that Square-Enix is working on a new MMORPG and here it is. At first I thought it might be more related to Dragon Quest as I could see a DQ style MMO though not as difficult. Square has learned from their mistakes, they have much more idea on how to design an Epic RPG. I doubt it but I'd like to see it give WoW a run for it's money, it'd have to be a bit more casual friendly than FFXI is but not as much as WoW has been.

I'm looking forward to hearing more.

come and get some Final Fantasy XIV Announced Darkwave's Avatar
    farout and will they ever run out of ideas

At the end of the day, it comes down to one hero to save us all.

Che
    Did anyone read the live blog Q and A?

IGN Advertisement

Amazing stuff! I can finally quit WoW!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast