Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Versus??(help me understand)

O Rly? Final Fantasy XIII Versus??(help me understand) Arch's Avatar

Final Fantasy XIII Versus??(help me understand)

Watch this trailer first and then if u have the answers to my questions feel free to answer(questions will be posted below)

YouTube - Final Fantasy Versus 13 BRAND NEW Trailer !!

Now my questions( i might sound a lil eccentric but i was amazed to find out theres another Final Fantasy Versus game besides Dissidia):

Whos the dude since the beggining and who is this chick?!

The dude looks like zack
    and girl looks like aeris with blonde hair wtf??
    and why do they look like there gonna throw down??
    im confused is this like dissidia bringin old characters back??or is this all ff13 characters duking it out?? and in tht case wheres the black guy with a chocobo in his hair and lightning the free falling hottie!!!? answer me someone please
    --------------------------------
    Feel free to post any opinions on this trailer or on this game at all and please answer my questions lol

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Master of the Shadow Key Final Fantasy XIII Versus??(help me understand) KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII is part of the Final Fantasy XIII compilation, which includes the main entry and Final Fantasy Agito XIII. It is set in the same universe as XIII, albeit it is entirely unrelated to it in any other way. It's kind of like a side-story set hundreds of years before or after XIII. The guy that looks like Zack is Noctis Lucis Caelum, who is the last heir to the Caelum Dynasty, which rules over the only remaining city-state to control some crystals. He attempts to protect his city-state against those who seek to conquer it and take the crystals. Sorry, I don't know much else since Square-Enix hasn't released much info.
    Last edited by KeybladerXIII; 07-25-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

The Quiet One Final Fantasy XIII Versus??(help me understand) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's unclear if you can even say that it is the same world different time. Considering that FFXIII and FF Versus XIII look significantly different makes it difficult to say. But from their words, they said that the games use the same mythology, but are otherwise independent, unique and separate. So take that as you will.

I've been running with the idea that the four games are not even in the same world. That FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, FF Agito XIII and FF Haeresis XIII are more like what FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX are. They all use Chocobos, summons, and Cid, but other wise have no relation to each other. The only difference is that I think FFXIII and the others under the XIII name will probably have a few more stronger connections than just having Airships, Cid and Chocobos in common.

As for appearance, well you have Nomura doing the character designs these days. So similliarities are going to end up happening. Especially with Nomura's work.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

This Noctis guy looks extremely powerful and extremely bad ass..but this chick is pissed about something and looks like she could be a challenge for him.

But to say something about the different worlds different times situation. Im pretty sure not 100% sure but pretty sure that FF7 and FF9 (im not sure about 8) Reference to the earth as Gaia, i do not know if it is a coincidence or not, it maybe that they are both just calling there planet after the Goddess(? or god) Gaia which just happends to be the earth.

Do theres no way to say yet if they are in a totally different planet or not.

and as for the Chocobos, i think that the Chocobo is just a calling card for the FF series, just like Moogles, and they apppear in every game

thanks for your guy's information though i appreciate it

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

Final Fantasy Versus 13 is unrelated to any other Final Fantasy title in the series.

"Versus" is not intended as an english word, but rather the Latin word meaning "Against". So in other words, it's not going to be a fighting game, and nothing like Dissidia. It's an original IP created by Tetsuya Nomura, the guy who does all of the art for Final Fantasy Characters starting at Final Fantasy 7, I believe. More notably he is the Director, Concept Designer, Character Designer and Base Story Creator for the Kingdom Hearts series.

The gameplay is supposed to be similar to Kingdom Hearts but more mature and realistic, it's also been hinted to have some FPS elements. The thought of this gameplay mixed in with a dark and mature Final Fantasy storyline is one of the main reasons I bought a Playstation 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Christa Pho! View Post
    Final Fantasy Versus 13 is unrelated to any other Final Fantasy title in the series.

"Versus" is not intended as an english word, but rather the Latin word meaning "Against". So in other words, it's not going to be a fighting game, and nothing like Dissidia. It's an original IP created by Tetsuya Nomura, the guy who does all of the art for Final Fantasy Characters starting at Final Fantasy 7, I believe. More notably he is the Director, Concept Designer, Character Designer and Base Story Creator for the Kingdom Hearts series.

The gameplay is supposed to be similar to Kingdom Hearts but more mature and realistic, it's also been hinted to have some FPS elements. The thought of this gameplay mixed in with a dark and mature Final Fantasy storyline is one of the main reasons I bought a Playstation 3.
    I learned later on with more research that this will be ntohing like Dissidia but i got confused at the word "Versus", thank you for clearing that up and im aware that none of the Final Fantasys tie in with one another (Exception FFx and X-2)

As for the game play being like Kingdom Hearts i will like , but i also like to be in control of all my characters (unlike in kh where you cant control donald nor goofy)so how this battle system will turn out idk..

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

Selkie in training Final Fantasy XIII Versus??(help me understand) Silver Spyro's Avatar
    I heard that the they're making a Female version of Cloud. Maybe that's her. But I really dunno, my PC is going slow while on Wikipedia. D:

Sorry, I don't know much of FF13, nor did I take the time to read the above posts.
    Call me Silver.