Thread: Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters?

Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters?

I'm gonna throw my vote to FFVI. Can't go wrong with FFVI. All characters were unique in their own way, and most of them had great backstories to them and all had personality.

I think FFIV comes close, though. As does FFIX.

Re: Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    I'm gonna throw my vote to FFVI. Can't go wrong with FFVI. All characters were unique in their own way, and most of them had great backstories to them and all had personality.

I think FFIV comes close, though. As does FFIX.
    This pretty much my thoughts as well, I particularly liked ViVi, Kain and Locke.....I think their hardly a character I disliked(in those games) to be honest my answer would probably vary depending on which day you ask me

Of those three games, one character from each game I could've done without are:

FFIV: Edward
    FFVI: Umaro
    FFIX: Amarant

Final Fantasy IX. Because Zidane, Vivi and Garnet are truly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    Of those three games, one character from each game I could've done without are:

FFIV: Edward
    FFVI: Umaro
    FFIX: Amarant
    Yeah I know people hate Edward but I find you have him for such a short time ( SNES or DS version only not sure bout GBA) that ultimately I don't find he's too annoying. Mind you I like him story wise I am aware how much his stats suck

Umaro I find funny cause I don't consider him a character, just hey I can have a Yeti in my party. He's random and all and well he's a Yeti's so its better then just an empty character spot.

Amarant is well I don't know what to say there, friends of mine love him I don't care for him I felt he was just there to be the Shadow/ mercenary type character.

Yuffie however ish she's someone I don't care much for

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? DrewYeahhh's Avatar

I wish i could say any of the games but every game i played had that lame character. especially XIII all of them are lame except for lightning she was hot but yeah i would have to say Final Fantasy IX i still havnt completed put i just got to the second disk and met kuja then it crashed and up to that point i fully loved the game

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to cast my character casting vote to FFIV. The characters all had personality and many had problems that can help people Identify themselves in the game. I really did like Edward. I like bards.

FFII comes real close though. There are some very simple roles played by these characters but I really like that simplicity.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Xanatos's Avatar

Final Fantasy XII if we're to look at entire cast including NPC's, otherwise it's a toss up between Final Fantasy VI, and IX. Both games have few non important characters, then again which game doesn't, overall a great cast.

As for Final Fantasy IV few of you keep mentioning, characters themselves weren't that bad, sadly though, a rather cheesy story made them look like a cheap low budget Mexican soap opera cast, all the amnesia, fake deaths, family issues...for God sake Pedro.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Zidane77's Avatar

The best i have to say is VII, then IX.
    IV,VI,VIII and XIII were really good too, i usually dig every FF characters in every game, but XII was probably the worst one in my opinion. Was ok but not nearly as great as the others.

FFXII was weird when it came to characters. To me, outside of Vaan and maybe Penelo, the characters were cool, but at the same time, they seemed uninteresting. Not sure how that works, but it's what I feel.

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? DrewYeahhh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane77 View Post
    The best i have to say is VII, then IX.
    IV,VI,VIII and XIII were really good too, i usually dig every FF characters in every game, but XII was probably the worst one in my opinion. Was ok but not nearly as great as the others.
    I do think Final Fantasy XIII had the worst cast out of all the games at least in XII there were more characters i liked than hated.

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewYeahhh View Post
    I do think Final Fantasy XIII had the worst cast out of all the games at least in XII there were more characters i liked than hated.
    Yep. The only thing I thought was good about FFXIII's characters was the women were all hot. Outside of that, they got nothing.

Lightning was still pretty cool but that might be because she reminded me of Cloud a bit too much :L

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? nickness89's Avatar

I think IX had the best cast, maybe equal with VII and XIII.

I really don't see the similarity between Cloud and Lightning. I always wanted to knock some sense into Cloud, just give him some modern day "stolen laptop across the head" abuse. Whereas Lightning I loved, she may have been focused on herself only, but she was outspoken and at least gave a damn for most of the game.

Cloud was an emo rofl.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Passing fair judgement Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I'm gonna go with FFXIII, but VII and VIII are tied for a really close second.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

All is One.One is All. Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Firefly's Avatar

FFIX!! My second would be FFIV :3 Then FFVIII,and so on..
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

All evil will see the light Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Assassin's Avatar

I wud say Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core coz every character is very enthusiastic n luk out for every1.............Even though its a fantasy movie,it also gives a realistic luk just bcoz of da characters............Den i wud choose Final Fantasy VIII bcoz da couples are cute

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Alex's Avatar

Good question.
    I am torn between Final Fantasy IX and VIII ...
    Meh, I'm gonna go with both of em'!

I will save the world Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Hero without a Name's Avatar

While ppl say VII has the greatest cast, and it's pretty sweet, it's a toss up for me between IV and VII. Why is that Hero without a name? That's a great question I'm glad you asked

For IV, you have Cecil who is a dark knight who begins to hate himself, then you have the love of his life, a dragoon who loves rosa and although is friends with Cecil he cannot live the fact that Rosa loves Cecil and not him, a few mages, a monk, a engineer, and of course a ninja. All of their paths cross differently and they all have different pasts, they all have their sob stories but they all come together for one goal to save the world.

VI has an interesting choice of characters, and it was difficult for me to choose my party because I liked them all (cept for Mog, I'm not a huge fan of moogles ), they all had their own stories and some seeked revenge, some seeked peace, some seeked the ladies (Edgar ), but they all came together and stop the evil of the world.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Ryder

Surprised X hasn't come up. Maybe it was the voice acting for me even though it wasn't the best. Im not the best at describing people but thought there was a range of different characters and all developed in their own way nicely.

I haven't played all of VI unfortunately so i would have to cast my vote elsewhere. I suppose my heart belongs to VII's cast - they were my first group of RPG characters that i played with so they are special to me.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Quote Originally Posted by RavenZecht View Post
    I haven't played all of VI unfortunately so i would have to cast my vote elsewhere. I suppose my heart belongs to VII's cast - they were my first group of RPG characters that i played with so they are special to me.
    You should check out my hack.

As for which FF I think has the best characters, IV has a very strong main character in Cecil Harvey, but the supporting cast has a few weak points, notably the twins, Palom and Porom, who seem to serve little function for the overall plot. VI, on the other hand, is unique in that it has a de-centralized cast, where you never are told outright who the main character is. I'm of the opinion that the game begins and ends with Terra Branford, but it isn't as if the game is focused entirely on her story.

So, long story short, I like the bait-and-switch that VI pulls on you, but Cecil Harvey is my favorite FF character.

That guy. Which Final Fantasy had the best cast of characters? Hot Shot's Avatar

I'd have to go with VI. They had so many unique characters and there wasn't really a 'main' character so, for the most part, no character gets side-lined. IX, as great as that was, focused mostly on Zidane, Dagger Vivi and Eiko (with a bit of focus on steiner for comic relief) which makes the cast, as a whole, weaker.