Thread: Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Less Likely

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Less Likely Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Less Likely

In a recent interview with GameSpot, the scenario director Hajime Tabata talked about several different subjects. One of big interest to most fans is the localization and release of Final Fantasy Type-0 in the NA and EU regions. It seemed almost guaranteed before that we would be seeing, but however the longer time passed it became more of an uncertainty. There were implication that the localization was in progress, but no announcements came from Square.

The answer Hajime gave in the interview throws the likelihood of Type-0 localized into even greater doubt. He made it sound like it is currently not happening, but that they want to do it and if things change it will happen. The specifics on why were not made clear. It could be the fact that the PSP is not as popular outside of Japan or that the PSP is being phased out by the Vita. It could also be that they may want to port it to the Vita it make it more salable. Type-0 remains a big unknown. Below is the direct answer he gave, if interested.

Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away.
    Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/02/square-enixs-hajime-tabata-comments-on-final-fantasy-type-0-localization/;Fantasy Star: Talking to Final Fantasy Scenario Director Hajime Tabata - GameSpot.com
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Less Likely-fftype0-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Mystyrion

Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Less Likely

A PSN release would be your best bet, then everyone can enjoy it.

Hell at this point I'd take a a Japanese voices with some subs at the bottom and a half ass translation of the menus and other stuff.

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Less Likely Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I suspect that is probably the case for many people. Most just want to play the game regardless of presentation. A subtitle low budget localization would make people as happy as fully dubbed one. The upside to a PSP release on the PSN would make it available for Vita users as well. So they could sell to both.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I was really looking forward to this one, but this news really doesn't sound good at all. =(

I don't really care how they release it, I just hope they do eventually localize it. Vita, PS3, anything.

TFF's Token Imp Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Less Likely Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I always thought it weird that with the Vita on the way, they still made it for PSP. But hey, I wouldn't be opposed to a subbed PSN release either, dependent on the price. SE have been a bit expensive recently.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I always thought it weird that with the Vita on the way, they still made it for PSP. But hey, I wouldn't be opposed to a subbed PSN release either, dependent on the price. SE have been a bit expensive recently.
    SE isn't cheap with ports, thats for sure.
    All of the iOS games are some of the most expensive on the market.
    Same with the FF games on PSN (PSX games that is).