Thread: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer

Announced at E3, apart from old PSP footage, nothing had been seen of the ported game yet. Square Enix has finally released a trailer of the game for how it will appear on the PS4 and XB1 consoles when it arrives next year. Keep in mind it is an up rez'd PSP title and also there is apparently an age restriction on the video. So you need to confirm it. The game is known for having a mature, dark and grim storyline.

Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer-ffagitologo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, that upscale looked really good and the gameplay looked really fast paced. I actually like where square is going with the series, going for that action based style. Turn-based combat is great and all but it is showing its age and this looks like it would bring in newer audiences to the FF series so they can have a chance to enjoy the series. I know there are people who do not enjoy the turn-based system so this will be welcoming for them as well as XV.
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer Rowan's Avatar
    This exceeds my expectations... I cant believe I said that, lol.

I invented Go-Gurt. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer Clint's Avatar
    I saw this exact problem with the trailer for Final Fantasy XV. I don't like the battle system. It's too fast-paced. Real-time battle systems don't work. It reminds me of the battle system from Final Fantasy XII, and it was so horrible that it made the game unplayable.

I don't know why Final Fantasy developers feel the need to fix what wasn't broken to begin with. Turn-based battle systems work, active time battle systems work, and hell, I even enjoyed the command synergy battles from Final Fantasy XIII. What doesn't work are real-time battle systems. They're always broken, and make the game impossible. Square doesn't know how to do it. I don't know why they keep trying.

They aren't trying to "fix" they are trying to innovate and change what RPGs can do.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Their innovations are stupid, and the only change they should be making is the writing of good stories. All the newer Final Fantasy games lack substance. They replace substance with style, but the fact of the matter is, even the most beautiful looking games still suck when they're lacking in story and gameplay. I have absolutely no problem with a turn-based battle system. I guess everybody else does? Are we not Final Fantasy fans here? Traditional Final Fantasy battle systems are turn-based or active time. Why would we want broken battle systems that only half works in our games?

You don't get anywhere without change. They didn't change Turn Based for a long time and now they are branching out of it. All the games that are Turn Based style these days don't tend to get noticed anymore.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The fact that they don't get noticed is a reflection of the current audience. Turn-based systems force you to strategize every attack or turn to be as efficient and effective as possible. Real-time battle systems is just button mashing. There's very little strategy to it.

The only Final Fantasy game I've played with a real-time battle system was Crisis Core. I played that game all the way through, and there wasn't a single enemy that I had any difficulty with. The battles are too easy to win. You do the same stuff over and over again. Attack and dodge. That's it. If you do those two things and time it right, you'll win every battle. I liked it just fine, but the battle system made it way too easy, and I missed being able to strategize and organize my plan of attack.

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From what I understand, Type-0 is quite difficult. So difficult that they said a significant volume of the players never reached the end. So they're adding a second difficulty to the game to help those that want to just enjoy the story. I hear that phoenix downs and raises are very rare in the game, so death is a pretty big deal. Those it was also strange when I watched the gameplay today, it looked like summons require you to kill yourself to summon them. So I don't know if you revive after the time runs out or not.

There are still quite a few turn based RPGs still around, but they are niche games. The only highly popular turned based games have only ever been Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest really. Others that existed never really hit the same level popularity, discounting one off games like Chrono Trigger or Xenogears.

I enjoy both types. And I'll admit it is strange to have a non-turn based FF game, which is why FFXV is a little strange. I was fine with it being a spin-off and not main line and still be action RPG like with Type-0. Neither of these games were planned to be main line titles. FFXV ended up becoming one, so it's a little weird of a position breaking the mold, but at the same time I'm not sure if it is really the future of the main line series or just an isolated occurrence due to it originally being a spin-off.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner