Thread: Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release

Square Enix sneaked in their announcements of two new Final Fantasy games for the Western audience into today out of the press conferences. Final Fantasy Type-0, the mobile game turned PSP title release in 2011 in Japan and often rumored and highly requested is finally coming across the shores in the form of a HD Remaster for the PS4 and Xbox One. One top of that, the recently released Free-to-play iOS and Android game Final Fantasy Agito, a spin-off/sequel will also be released in the West. Dates are not know yet for either.

Source: Final Fantasy Type-0 Coming To The West On Xbox One, PlayStation 4 ; Final Fantasy Agito Is Coming To The West
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release-fftype0-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release Rowan's Avatar
    I recently obtained the patch for the jap version which I am now currently debating whether or not I should start playing, since it will be coming out for ps4...

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, if you have a PSP and import, the fan translation hit just two days before this. That's some crazy timing. But the announcement of Type-0 has completely turned E3 around on me. Now I'm actually excited and looking forward to things. Before nothing really spoke to me. And I was really disappointed by other lack of presentations, Square. But the more than makes up for the lack of new info. And even better for everyone, it's on a console rather than a handheld, but I'd still have played it on Vita and loved every moment of it.

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Yeah, if you have a PSP and import, the fan translation hit just two days before this. That's some crazy timing.
    Its actually hilarious. They apparantly invested so much time and effort into making this translation.. literally months and months maybe even years of hard work... only to have it released 2 days before a western english release was announced... I feel bad for laughing..

Blog Entries
    Yeah they were very devoted to a game that was so unknown if it would get a release or not. There was strong leaning that it might happen with all of the talk earlier this year between Agito and Sony. As bad as it might be for them, they should also be happy to know that so many more people will have a chance to enjoy it. Because it was a PSP game that required an import and modding the game with a custom patch. Only the hardcore would end up doing that. And they were doing this so more people would enjoy it. So this should make them happy to know many times more will, even if their efforts are overshadowed.

I actually forgot about that. Its a HD release for ps4 and xbox, but there is still no english psp release other than the one they translated. So that definitely still counts for something.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, though a PSP release at this point is not something that Square Enix would do, despite other companies, Aksys, surprising people by still localizing and releasing PSP titles. Though I think they do it knowing that Vita owners and PSP owners can play it, so they can hit two markets. I think Square views the PSP and Vita as dead outside of Japan. So they're more hesitant to release such titles.

brb getting my PSP from my friend's house.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

chocolateer Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release 01habbo's Avatar
    At first I thought Vita might be a possibility but with it being announced for the ps4 and not the ps3 I'm thinking that it might not be possible to even release it for the handheld. Now would I want it to be released for the Vita quality could be sacrificed for an import like that.

But anyway it was a big surprise, even though I was hoping for it, realistically I wasn't expecting it.

Blog Entries
    We will have to see what sort of HD port of the game we're getting. If we're just getting one like FFX, then it would be possible to run on Vita. If it's a significant upgrade, which likely will be more work it might not be possible for the Vita. However, it seems that there already people running around trying to get Vita support on the game.

Registered User Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release Pikachu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not really caring for this. This game certainly isn't good enough for me to buy either system, and the mobile game doesn't look at that interesting. I'll pass on both.

Blog Entries
    Have you looked a gameplay videos of Final Fantasy Type-0 to know it's not for you? Because I didn't provide any videos for Type-0 here and it plays nothing like the mobile game.

I saw a small video of what I hope isnt the HD remastered version. I've heard of webbed fingers, but this is ridiculous!

Blog Entries
    Unless they sneaked out a video, I don't believe there is any footage of the HD Remaster officially released by Square Enix. So it's likely what you saw was the PSP version of the game, where you will naturally get webbed or block hands. We don't know how far along they are on the HD Remaster, so we will probably have to wait until TGS until we see it in action. If it's like their other Remasters, we probably won't have to wait for long for it unless they're doing something crazy for PS4 and Xbox One.

The story I've heard is if you took Tactics and added the SeeD part of VIII together, since you are playing military cadets in the game. And you get yourself a very grim and gritty war story. The trailers I've seen are quite bloody and lots of death. It's a very dark story. A big change of pace for the series. I think it could be the new Tactics in terms of being that off beat game that does a lot of things different than the rest of the mainline games and people love it for what it is.

Am i to understand that you havnt played any of it yet, Andro? Because I have played a fair amount of the english patch. I can confirm that even in the opening clip there is lots of blood and death and the death of the chocobo who was protecting the guy got to me the most since I recognize the loyalty in animals. A much darker tone but It works very well.

Blog Entries
    Correct I haven't played Type-0. I don't have a PSP, only a Vita. So everything I know about the game is from videos released on youtube and reading comments around the internet. General response from players of the game have been very positive. And many consider it one of the best FF games in recent years. So I'm looking forward to it. The darker story and a war story sound like something that I'd very much enjoy. Also apparently there are two sort of different playthroughs of the game from what I was reading. The first focuses more on the war story and the second focuses on the characters' stories. Very unusual game from Square Enix. Wish they'd do this sort of thing more often with their FF series.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, Final Fantasy II was dark and gritty if you remember how the story went. Four youths are running for their lives while their hometown is under assault by the empire and they are killing everyone.

The princess (or was she a queen?) also pointed out that the protagonist was lying in a pool of blood when she found him.
    Currently Playing:

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy Type-0 and Agito Confirmed Western Release Zargabaath's Avatar
    One of the better bits of info coming out of E3. I'm glad it is coming westward. I haven't heard much on the new Agito, though I am not one for ios/android games.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Holy crap its Zargabaath!