Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy series Trivia (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

A.

FFI: None
    FFII: Scott, Minwu, Josef, Richard
    FFIII: None
    FFIV: Tellah
    FFV: Galuf
    FFVI: None
    FFVII: Aeris (Duh lol)
    FFVIII: None
    FFIX: None
    FFX: Auron is already dead, but at the end of the game who (offically "dies" or leaves of his own accord, same with Tidus in a way, except he wasn't dead at the start he just vanished.)
    FFX-2: None
    FFXI: lol None
    FFXII: I remember one of the "guest" party members die but I can't put my finger on the name of him. correct if wrong
    FFT: Not sure correct if wrong
    FFTA: None

FQ
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Aww yeah! Final Fantasy series Trivia (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) Wolf's Avatar
    A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    Okay, which Final Fantasies did the Tonberry appear in?

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Final Fantasy series Trivia (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) Exxdeath666's Avatar
    A: V, VI, VII, VIII, and maybe XII, I don't remember...

Q: Who was Sephiroth seen talking to in the Square Enix TGS 2008 Dissidia Trailer and what were they talking about?

Istory was having trouble, what a sad, sad story
    Needed a new leader to restore its former glory
    Where, oh, where was he?
    Where could that mantree be?
    We looked around and then we found the man for you and me!

And now it's...
    Springtime for ExDeath and Istory!
    Jachol is happy and gay!
    We're marching to a faster pace. Look out, here comes the master race!
    The islands are fine lands once more!
    Watch out, Ghido, we're going on tour!

If you or your friend are in need of a reunion with a loved one and have no where else to turn, you know who to call. Only me, the Millenium Earl, can rescue their soul from that wretched God. All you need to do is shout out their name! And remember:

I want YOU to join the Akuma Army!

Flare
    A: Golbez, and his plans for the crystals.

Q: Who were the three top generals in FFVI?

A. Celes, Leo, and I'm guessing Kefka. (correct if wrong)

Q. Which FF game/games are the only FF games where it doesn't cost anything to ride a chocobo?

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Kefka's not a general, just what you would call an aide-de-camp, for lack of a better term.

A. You don't need to pay to ride a chocobo in FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX.

Q. Name every FF in the main series that features the Ochu enemy. There's 6.

Kefka's not a general, just what you would call an aide-de-camp, for lack of a better term.
    Correction, Kefka was one of the Generals for the empire. If you travel into the Capitol and head into the tavern there is an emperial that talks bout how was the first general to get the magicite infusions. so hence yes he was one of the three.

Sorry for detouring the thread. The previous question still stands.

Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Except that he doesn't mention anything about Kefka being a general. He simply says he was the first magitek knight. It's actually stated flat out in the imperial camp by two soldiers that Kefka is NOT a general, and if he were to become one, they would quit. People claiming Kefka to be a general is a common misconception, and I try to correct it whenever I can.

Anyways.

Last edited by espritduo; 12-06-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Ok espirtduo, its been over a week now and no one knows, so its time to move on to a new question.

Q. Which FF games had main characters who were siblings?

A: FFII(Maria, Firion and Leon) , FFV (Lenna and Faris? I guess they would be mains...), FFVI (Edgar and Sabin). Any others in the series I just don't remember...

Q: Who was the third genome Garland created?

Where, oh, where was he?

And now it's...
    Jachol is happy and gay!

If you or your friend are in need of a reunion with a loved one and have no where else to turn, you know who to call. Only me, the Millenium Earl, can rescue their soul from that wretched God. All you need to do is shout out their name! And remember:

Bah, it wasn't even a hard question... Anyways, the answer is FFI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, and FFXI.

To complete the previous Q's answer, Palom and Porom were also siblings.

A. Mikoto was the third special Genome that Garland created.

Q. Name all the main FF's that have a group of four elementally-themed bosses.

A.

FFI
    FFIV
    FFIX
    (correct if I missed any)

Moving on:

Q. Which FF games had 2 main characters dislike each other in the beginning of their respective games but later develop a close friendship?

FF VI (Celes, Terra (because they where with the empire)and Cyan)
    FF IX (The whole group and the bounty hunter, cant remember his name as of right now to many spirits)
    FF XII Vaan and Baush (SP, I know it is wrong)
    FFIV (Kain and Cecil at times IMO)

Easy one, how many of the FF's use the crystals in their story line?

To complete the previous Q's answer, Palom and Porom were also siblings.
    Brother and Rikku where also main characters in FFX-2 and can not forget the relations to Yuna also. And yes Brother was a main character in X-2, he just was not a playable character. Also in FFIV and FFIX there where brotherly connections

Except that he doesn't mention anything about Kefka being a general. He simply says he was the first magitek knight. It's actually stated flat out in the imperial camp by two soldiers that Kefka is NOT a general, and if he were to become one, they would quit. People claiming Kefka to be a general is a common misconception, and I try to correct it whenever I can.

Anyways.
    Replay the game again and look before trying to proove me wrong. It is fact. Read what the man says, there is no arguement here. It clearly states in the Anthologies version that he was.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

FFXII also has a group of four elemental bosses that you fight in the Pharos - Phoenix(fire), Slyt(water), Fenrir(wind), and Pandaemonium(earth).

A. Not sure exactly what you mean in the question, but the only characters I can think of that mutually dislike each other in the beginning, but become friends later would be Zidane and Steiner(and Zidane and Kuja), and Cecil and Golbez. There are a bunch of characters that hate or are hated by other characters, but don't share the animosity, though:

FFII - Leila originally tries to capture Firion and crew, but joins them after being defeated. Also, Leon certainly doesn't like the good guys for a long time.

FFIV - Tellah hates Edward in the beginning, but Edward doesn't have any hard feelings against him. Later they put aside their differences. Palom and Porom don't really like Cecil in the beginning, but they quickly change their minds.

FFV - Being a notorious pirate and all, Faris doesn't really have any good will towards Bartz, Lenna, and Galuf in the beginning, but she quickly becomes friends with them.

FFVI - Setzer doesn't get off to a very good start by kidnapping Celes, but he seems to come around quickly enough after that.

FFVII - Barrett can't stand Cloud at first, but Cloud doesn't seem to care one whit about Barrett. Yuffie certainly has it in for the group when she is trying to steal their materia.

FFVIII - Everyone's pretty buddy-buddy in this game. Seifer I guess, but he never really comes around.

FFIX - Amarant really hates Zidane's guts, but Zidane doesn't even remember the guy when he sees him again, and never holds any ill-will towards him(or anyone for that matter, he's such a nice guy)

FFX - Tidus realy doesn't like his father throughout the game, but he sort of makes peace with him at the end.

FFXII - Vaan HATES Basch while he thinks that Basch is the one that killed his brother, but Basch never really shows any dislike to Vaan.

Q. What was the first English Final Fantasy to use the -ra, -ga, -ja method of naming the tiered elemental spells like Fire, Thunder, and Blizzard? (Note, in Japan, that method of naming has been used since the original FF)

"Replay the game again and look before trying to proove me wrong. It is fact. Read what the man says, there is no arguement here. It clearly states in the Anthologies version that he was."

I have. It clearly states he was a magitek knight, in all versions of the game. He never mentions the word general. Let me dig up the exact quote from the script and I'll show you. It also clearly states that Kefka was NOT a general by the Imperial soldiers in the camp.

EDIT: Alright, I looked up the actual Japanese script, and he is referred to as Shogun in that part(the equivalent they use for general), so it looks like as far as that goes, Kefka is a general. So you are right and the whole argument is moot right there. But I can guarantee you it never mentions that in the english versions. I'll play through the Anthologies version of the game again since I can't find a script that actually has that bit of dialogue. It should only take a few hours, I'm very fast when it comes to playing through FFVI.

And I'll answer you question so as not to derail the thread here:

A. FFI, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFIX(sort of).
    Last edited by espritduo; 12-21-2008 at 08:12 PM.

A. I believe that would be FFVIII

Q. Name all the FF games that aren't in the Main 12 games.

A. Final Fantasy Tactics
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    Final Fantasy IV: The After
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII Agito
    Final Fantasy Dissidia
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

And I guess you could through Final Fantasy Fables in there. The Final Fantasy Legend I-III and Final Fantasy Adventure games are SaGa and Seiken Densetsu games, so they don't count.

And to beat a dead horse, I've played through the Anthologies version and I was right, he doesn't say a thing about Kefka being a general. Here's the exact quote for you:

MAN: You're Returners?
    MAN: Not a problem by me. Shall I tell you somthing neat? Yes/No
    MAN: All the soldiers in the Magitek Research Facility can use Magic! That Prof. Cid is truly a genius!
    MAN: Here's one for you... That guy Kefka? He was Cid's first experimental Magitek Knight. But the process wasn't perfected yet. Something in Kefka's mind snapped that day...!
    And that's all she wrote. I talked to everyone else in Vector too, and they don't mention Kefka being a general either.

And here's the conversation between the two Imperial soldiers that says flat out that Kefka is not a general:

SOLDIER A: Hey, have you heard?
    SOLDIER B: Oh, you mean...
    SOLDIER A: Shhh! Quiet down. If Kefka catches us, we're toast.
    SOLDIER A: If he drives General Leo out of our battalion, he'll probably become the next general!
    SOLDIER B: Don't make me laugh! If someone like him becomes a general, I'll go home!
    SOLDIER A: Shhhhh! What if he hears you? You'll be jailed!
    SOLDIER B: Alright, alright!
    Pretty clear that he's not a general, right? In fact, they go out of their way to never refer to Kefka as a general anywhere in the game, which is strange since they go out of their way to refer to Leo and Celes as generals every chance they get. This is why I was so adamant about him not being a general - according to everything in English, he's not and the game seems to try and make a point of that. Of course, none of this matters since according to the original Japanese text, he is in fact a general, and both those conversations show that he is in Japanese. What the second conversation with the two soldiers actually is supposed to say is that they don't want Kefka becoming the next general of their battalion specifically, not that they don't want him becoming a general at all.

Now, I hope that puts that to rest. I apologize for derailing the thread.

Q. Name every Final Fantasy game (spin-off or otherwise) that Cloud has appeared in.
    Last edited by espritduo; 12-22-2008 at 01:30 AM.

A.

FFVII
    FFVII: Advent Children
    FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
    FFVII: Crisis Core
    FFT: The Original
    FFIX: Cloud got a reference in this game but I'm not sure that counts
    Kingdom Hearts 1

(correct if I missed any)

Q. Which FF games were the only ones to have sequels/prequels?

Cloud also appears on the loading menu sometimes for FFV Anthology. Sephiroth does too.

A. FFIV, FFVII, FFX, FFXII, and FFV sort of has a sequel with Legend of the Crystals. You could say FFT had sequels/prequels with the other Ivalice games.

Q. What FF game is the unreleased vocal track "Approaching Sentiment" from?

EDIT: Just in case you're curious as to what the song sounds like or don't believe it exists, here it is: http://www.espritduo.com/music/appro..._sentiment.mp3
    Last edited by espritduo; 12-24-2008 at 12:05 AM.

It's been 2 weeks time for a new question:

Q. Which FF games were the only ones so far to be releashed on the Nintedo DS?

So far,

FFIII
    FF Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates
    FFTA2
    FFIV

I'm probably missing tons more. Correct my mistakes if there are any.

Q: What FFIVAdv Extra bosses were replaced and in the DS release what two bosses replaced them?

Where, oh, where was he?

And now it's...
    Jachol is happy and gay!

The answer to my question was FFVI, by the way.

A. All bosses from the Lunar Ruins - Lunar Ifrit/Ramuh/Shiva/Titan/Dragon/Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin/Asura and Zeromus EG, as well as minor bosses Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, and Titan. And all bosses from the cave in Mt. Ordeals - Storm Dragon, Master Flan, Gigas Worm, Death Mech, and T-Rex.

The new bosses that were added were Geryon and Proto-Babil.

Q. What three FF's have been officially released for the PC?
    Like the history of FFVI? Check out my prequel! FFVI: The Sands of Time

You forgot FF: Crystal Chronicles Echos of Time, FFXII: Reverant Wings, and Chocobo Fables, Exdeath.

A. FFVII, FFVIII, and FFXI (as well as its expansions)

Q. Name all FF games that have been released for the Gameboy(The original gameboy, not color or GBA) and the Gamecube.

Easy

A. Final Fantasy Adventure, Final Fantasy Legend I, II, and III, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles,

Q. Which Final Fantasy first introduced Chocobo's?

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

A. That would be Final Fantasy II.

Q. Name three FF's where the rare White Chocobo makes an appearance.
    Like the history of FFVI? Check out my prequel! FFVI: The Sands of Time

A. FFIII, FFIV, and I think FFVII

Q. Which FF games were the only ones that had main heroes 16-21 years old?

Well,

FFII (Firion)
    FFV (Bartz Klauser)
    FFVII (Cloud Strife)
    FFIX (Zidane Tribal)
    FFX (Tidus)
    and maybe FFXII (I think Vaan was like 19 or something)

Q: What were the only FF games to have more than 4 crystals?

Where, oh, where was he?

And now it's...
    Jachol is happy and gay!

A. FFIII (I Think), and FFIV

Q. What FF games were the only ones to have choose-able jobs? ex: you can play as Ranger etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    A. FFIII (I Think), and FFIV

Q. What FF games were the only ones to have choose-able jobs? ex: you can play as Ranger etc...
    U missed FFV.

And A: U pick jobs in FFIII, FFV, FFX-2 and I think FFXI.

Q: Which FF games had at least one villain and/or antagonist clad in heavy armor?

Where, oh, where was he?

And now it's...
    Jachol is happy and gay!

Quote Originally Posted by Exxdeath666 View Post
    U missed FFV.

And A: U pick jobs in FFIII, FFV, FFX-2 and I think FFXI.

Q: Which FF games had at least one villain and/or antagonist clad in heavy armor?
    U missed FFI XD

A. FFII (Dark Emperor), FFIV (Golbez), FFV (Exdeath), FFXII (The Judges)

FQ

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    U missed FFI XD

A. FFII (Dark Emperor), FFIV (Golbez), FFV (Exdeath), FFXII (The Judges)

FQ
    Oh. I was unaware that FFI had a job system. I guess I didn't read the question carefully enough...

And BTW the answers were really:

FFI: Garland
    FFII: Dark Knight, Emperor Palamecia (Dark Emperor)
    FFIV: Golbez
    FFV: Exdeath, Gilgamesh
    FFIX: Garland
    FFXII: Judges

U missed a few.

The FQ still stands.

Where, oh, where was he?

And now it's...
    Jachol is happy and gay!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast