Thread: Fortress

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Fortress Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Fortress

Can anyone give me any info on this game? Ok I have heard that Square-Enix had given the rights to this game to a company by the name of Grin. I also know that Square was extremely unimpressed with the work that Grin had done and pulled out w/o paying putting Grin out of business. which is really funny cause it just cements companies complaints that Square is a hard company to impress, but I digress. If anyone knows anything about this game that would be great and much appreciated.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

I want to play a game. Fortress Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Fortress

Rumor has it the Eidos Montreal took over the development of the game. Fortress is also supposed to be set in Ivalice, sometime during Ashe's reign. There was a tech demo of the game that was unofficially released but it was nothing of great significance; the demo had base models and didn't reveal much.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Rumor has it the Eidos Montreal took over the development of the game. Fortress is also supposed to be set in Ivalice, sometime during Ashe's reign. There was a tech demo of the game that was unofficially released but it was nothing of great significance; the demo had base models and didn't reveal much.
    I had heard about Ivalice and the demo but had no interest in searching for it. so Eidos will take it.....I didn't think they were good enough for Square to even consider them. Imo the best set of games to come out of Eidos were the Legacy of Kain games.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

The Quiet One Fortress Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well it does help that Square Enix owns Eidos and so that probably has something to do with it. I don't know if they owned Grin or if they were just giving them something to do. I suspect it is them trying to get something that captures a larger Western audience and appeal, but considering that FF already has better sales in the West compared to Japan by itself that sort of says something.

Though I think most of the non-main series FF have been made some other companies haven't they? Like Mystic Quest and Adventures. Though they were their own unrelated games until they came over here if I recall.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I'll make you famous Fortress Rydia Lover's Avatar

there also rumor that it has been canceled as well, not much info has been released on it lately, if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Well it does help that Square Enix owns Eidos and so that probably has something to do with it. I don't know if they owned Grin or if they were just giving them something to do. I suspect it is them trying to get something that captures a larger Western audience and appeal, but considering that FF already has better sales in the West compared to Japan by itself that sort of says something.

Though I think most of the non-main series FF have been made some other companies haven't they? Like Mystic Quest and Adventures. Though they were their own unrelated games until they came over here if I recall.
    I didn't know that S-E owned Eidos. I doubt it was to capture a larger western audience, My rebuttal is already sated in your post. I'm not sure about Adventures but I believe Mystic Quest is made by Squaresoft, as are the Crystal Chronicles, the SaGa series, and the Mana series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydia Lover
    there also rumor that it has been canceled as well, not much info has been released on it lately, if at all.
    That blows! I hope it doesn't/didn't get scrapped. My taste buds have been teased. I must know how the game turns out.
    Last edited by Kooky Spice; 05-12-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!