Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Progress Update

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Progress Update Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy Progress Update

Famitsu released numbers on the development progress on several of the soon to be release Final Fantasy games that Square Enix has planned. Each game likely has different interested players.

The Final Fantasy X HD Remaster is reported as being 80% to completion, while the Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster is at only 65% completion. This is likely why that they have not decided what will be included in the FFX-2 version yet.

The Final Fantasy VIII PC re-release is at 80% completion, given it is not getting the large updates that FFX/FFX-2 is receiving, this is probably going to finish quickly and probably sooner than FFX.

The last one is brand new Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII which is said to be 70% complete, which is currently planned for a 2013 release.

Source: Famitsu Provides Development Status Update On Final Fantasy Games | Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy Progress Update-selogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Will FF8 get an HD remaster as well?

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy Progress Update Rowan's Avatar
    final fantasy on pc is the most unapealing thing I can think of.

Playing FFXI has made me used to using my keyboard for video games such as emulators. WASD and 8456. Takes a minute to get used to.

Especially in FFIX Duel Scene in the beginning.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Playing FFXI has made me used to using my keyboard for video games such as emulators. WASD and 8456. Takes a minute to get used to.

Especially in FFIX Duel Scene in the beginning.
    I can see how a game designed to be played on the pc such as ffXI could be nice to use a keyboard for, but for other final fantasy which I have played (ff7 with mods etc) was just really awkward. I couldnt even be bothered having to hook my control up with D3dtools all the time.

I was gifted a NTSC ps2 from the usa so I could import and play all my favourite games that never got a release here because I cbf emulating them.

FFXI was made for console first actually, it's a console game. That's why it's played on a keyboard.

I just bought a controller for my PC for emulators till I get a PS3 and do some perfect playthroughs (max or perfect stats I don't know yet)
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    FFXI was made for console first actually, it's a console game. That's why it's played on a keyboard.

I just bought a controller for my PC for emulators till I get a PS3 and do some perfect playthroughs (max or perfect stats I don't know yet)
    You are emulating ps3 games??

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Final Fantasy Progress Update che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think he means he's going to replay games on his ps3. You and I both know ps2 emulators don't even really run well with shit like FFX still, unless you have an insane setup.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    I think he means he's going to replay games on his ps3. You and I both know ps2 emulators don't even really run well with shit like FFX still, unless you have an insane setup.
    I managed to get mine to run well with most games (my machine is pretty powerful though). Incidentally, its things like menus that make certain games lag heavily. Its just a sign of poor programming, although I am appreciative of the job they have done so far with the psx emulator.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy Progress Update Xanatos's Avatar
    The only issue I had with Final Fantasy VIII on PC was instaling it on a new os, with this release that won't be even a problem anymore. I just hook my PS2 controller on this baby...

ps2-usb-adapter.jpg

... and I'm ready to go, I don't even have to instal anything (costs 10$ by the way). I have a solid PC at best, with that being said Final Fantasy XII runs rather well via PCSX2, almost twice as good as X in fact.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    You are emulating ps3 games??
    Nowhere in my post does it say I am emulating PS3 games.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Memento Rhapso Final Fantasy Progress Update Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, are we just going to pretend Versus XIII was never a thing, or what?

As for the X HD, I wonder if X-2 was an afterthought if they only have it at 65%, or if they are just more focused on everything else. Regardless, if Lightning Returns is planned for 2013 and is at 70%, do you guys think that the others are due for a 2013 release or would that just be poor decision making on Square's behalf?

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Queen Final Fantasy Progress Update Crescent's Avatar
    Jusst let me say..DAMN Snow u looking sexy. *suddenly interested in game* haha

The governor-general of the City of Pleasure, Snow now wears a black suit complete with matching gloves. He still regrets that he was unable to save Serah.

Source: Re:

Viral, there are some posts by me that state I've waited so long for Versus it's like idgaf if they don't even mention it anymore lol.

To add to brett's post with PS2 emulator. I had FFX working fine on my Desktop at some points...was choppy and slow. I can more and likely get it going on my laptop I just got but I don't think I want to do another playthru with the Advanced Sphere grid this time on an emulator when I'm quite possibly getting a PS3 in a couple months or so.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Final Fantasy Progress Update noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Jusst let me say..DAMN Snow u looking sexy. *suddenly interested in game* haha

The governor-general of the City of Pleasure, Snow now wears a black suit complete with matching gloves. He still regrets that he was unable to save Serah.

Source: Re:
    "Snow regrets he was unable to save Serah"? The hell f*ck kinda shit is that!?
    SPOILER!!:
    He wasn't even -there- when she keeled over!

Mystyrion
    Still.... No.... Versus.... XIII

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    "Snow regrets he was unable to save Serah"? The hell f*ck kinda shit is that!?
    SPOILER!!:
    He wasn't even -there- when she keeled over!
    Exactly lol. He should be used to it now anyway. Seems like a sort of a natural progression really, he's matured along with his appearance all that pain n mourning turned him quite serious(just how I love my Men real/fictional). In any case he can pass as Marluxia's Nobody.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Final Fantasy Progress Update noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Natural progression?

Seems like a -regression- to me. "Hey! Serah! I'm gonna go play with the Flan in that Forest Thingy! Hurdy hurdy hurdy! See ya in some other year~!"
    And then Serah's all "Snow is a friend of mine." And wears his stupid ring on a stupid necklace instead of on her stupid freaking finger like she's supposed to.

FRIEND!? Y'all were engaged! The hell f*ck!? You don't go from being engaged back to just friends within 2 days! Or well. I supposed it's possible... But it makes no sense... In the FF world anyway.

Damn skippy he should be all serious & melancholy.

Jerk.

woops. Done talked myself into being quite miffed over that scenario. Damn you Snow & your Chocobo hair. lmao. I am calm now. I swear.

XIII--> XIII-2: Character Regression

XIII-2--> Lightning Returns: Becomes Govenor-General of the City of..*looks at picture*..Pleasure*giggles* Id say becoming a governor is a character pro-gression esp cause its Snow. Heartbreak suits him. Considering his age, I dnt mind if he's a tad brooding but calm and collected if maybe a bit melancholy adult. He was a Deadbeat bf. Poor Serah haha. I always thought they were holding eachother back by being together.

Getting hyped and hopeful over just the LOOK of an old returning character

Blog Entries
    Lmao that's what I meant. XD Governor of Pleasure? Oh my...

I seent a trailer. Hope's voice is narrating. Mmmmhhhhhmmmm. Not sure I love Hope though. IDK.

I still say they should move on to XV already.

Memento Rhapso Final Fantasy Progress Update Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Natural progression?

Seems like a -regression- to me. "Hey! Serah! I'm gonna go play with the Flan in that Forest Thingy! Hurdy hurdy hurdy! See ya in some other year~!"
    And then Serah's all "Snow is a friend of mine." And wears his stupid ring on a stupid necklace instead of on her stupid freaking finger like she's supposed to.

FRIEND!? Y'all were engaged! The hell f*ck!? You don't go from being engaged back to just friends within 2 days! Or well. I supposed it's possible... But it makes no sense... In the FF world anyway.

Damn skippy he should be all serious & melancholy.

Jerk.

woops. Done talked myself into being quite miffed over that scenario. Damn you Snow & your Chocobo hair. lmao. I am calm now. I swear.
    In the XIII world, as indicated by one of the Datalog Entries in XIII, the jewelry to signify engagement is a necklace. The ring on it is to help convey that relation to the audience while maintaining an original idea. As for the old friend comment, maybe she just meant to not put Noel off and awkward up the situation with baggage. I mean, if I was a time travelling hunter tasked with fixing a broken ass universe and the first thing my partner does is spend an hour explaining how her boyfriend asked to marry her, then she became a crystal, then he saved her kind of, but then disappeared, I'd just ****ing quit and time warp my ass out of there.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries
    Spoken like a True Male. lmao And in the Real World, I'm sure that's exactly what would happen. Chicks, man. I swear.

I didn't bother reading through the Datalog all the way through. I read most of it, but I must've missed that. I could've sworn he put the ring on her finger, anyway. Bleh. Whatevs.

So explain to the dumb folk like me here what Versus XIII is really about and why is it called Versus and not XIII-2 or XIII-3? How is Versus related to other 13's? Also what's the big deal with Versus 13 if other 13's were abit of a letdown, to say the least? Now I know that opinions are subjective, but why the anticipation?
    Last edited by Odin1199; 06-05-2013 at 08:46 PM.

I think its safe to say when versus does come out, most of us will be severly unsatisfied.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy Progress Update SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Versus is of the Fabula Nova Crystal thingamajig series and was SUPPOSED to come out after FFXIII. It takes place in the FFXIII world but in a more modern looking environment and the gameplay is action RPG as opposed to turn-based as it is a spin off title.

Speaking of spin-offs think Final Fantasy U.S.A/Mystic Quest will ever be revisited in some way?
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    Versus is of the Fabula Nova Crystal thingamajig series and was SUPPOSED to come out after FFXIII. It takes place in the FFXIII world but in a more modern looking environment and the gameplay is action RPG as opposed to turn-based as it is a spin off title.

Speaking of spin-offs think Final Fantasy U.S.A/Mystic Quest will ever be revisited in some way?
    Wait, aren't all 13's 90% action RPG? So Versus would have to be something like GTA then?

Blog Entries
    That's not a completely accurate statement. FF Versus XIII is part of the Fabula Nova Crystalis like the other FFXIIIs are, but the only thing it has in common with XIII is that it draws from the same mythology. Otherwise, it is a completely separate world/universe. There are no ties to either of them. And from the gameplay videos they showed it looked a little more traditional. It looks like it was closer to being turned based than FFXIII is. It was also supposed to have an overworld map like FFI-IX and airships the player could fly. The feel of it was more contemporary with it drawing on modern day Tokyo for visual inspiration on the city.

FFXIII and the sequels are still turn based. An action RPG is completely different from what FFXIII was, it was certainly closer in terms of pacing, but it was still a turn based RPG like all FF games have been.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy Progress Update SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not really, it will be open world but its not like GTA where you steal stuff, kill random people, etc, etc. You'll get to drive cars, fly airships, and board tanks. Battles are all action based as the KH team is developing the game. As for FFXIII 1 and 2, they are still ATB as they follow the same routines even though they are very cinematic like.
    Currently Playing:

Who's KH and why not Squeenix? So more turn based like FF8? Sounds good to me. Overworld map, airships, is good news.

Blog Entries
    KH is the Kingdom Hearts team. They are the ones that have been developing the game for the last 7 years. Though the reason the game hasn't come out sooner is that they've been pillaging members to finish up other games. Plus I think Versus went back to the drawing board a little, at least engine side from the way that they were talking. So they probably set them back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast