Thread: Can or will Square-Enix create another classic?

Ryder

Can or will Square-Enix create another classic?

Like many others my first FF game was VII back when i was around the age of ten. I followed the series all the way to XII and played some of XIII as well as picking up the IV/V combo that was released on ps.
    I loved playing VII everything from the music, to the story, can't forget the world map and the ability to explore, and so on. As was the case with the games through to X (minus the world map in X).
    I don't know if its me but I just lost interest in the following games. X-2 wasn't so bad because X in my opinion was a great game which I think helped it out, but XII and XIII just didn't pull me in like the others.

You may not feel the same way but do you think Square-Enix can re-create the magic from its previous games?
    Also anyone know of any other games that might achieve this or have?

Just think whats your favorite and why I'm sort of guessing its not one of the later ones.

Sorry if this kind of thread shows up a lot.

Re: Can or will Square-Enix create another classic?

Unfortunately these days it seems visuals and sounds take precedence over actual gameplay and exploration. They need to create a good story, with superb gameplay but also maintain an element of free-roaming and a bunch of varying mini-games and side-quests to keep things fresh.

Right now, our only hope rests in Versus XIII which looks promising.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

I will save the world Can or will Square-Enix create another classic? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Re: Can or will Square-Enix create another classic?

That's the only problem. XIII looked beautiful as a video game, but compared to the past FF regarding character development and storyline, it kind of didn't hit the level people expected...even though it sold millions of copies worldwide. But that's the story with media everywhere, music, movies, television shows. The writing used to be so important and the character development, now it's all about looking flashy and showing off boobs (generalizing, but I'm getting to my point)

Can Square Enix make another classic? It's in their power to do so. It's just the matter of them sitting down and actually creating a great final fantasy. It's not an easy thing to do, they're changing battle systems left right, different enemies, they want to be original but not make it so difficult that you need to be a hardcore gamer to play it. I think Square Enix can make one, but if they ever will...that's for the jury to decide

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan