Thread: Final Fantasy Game Saves

TFF's Resident Messenger Final Fantasy Game Saves Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy Game Saves

I was recently on Ebay looking for some cheap copies of Final Fantasy games, when while scrolling down the list, I notice something odd.

People are selling Memory Cards with Final Fantasy Game Saves on them.

My question(s) are:

Do you buy/sell FF game saves?

Why would you buy them, why not just play the game yourself?

Is using a FF Game Save that someone else made cheating?

-----------------------------

I personally have never bought one before, because I had no idea that people sell them until today. I think it is a form of cheating. It is too similiar to paying someone to do your homework for you (although, I did make a lot of money during high school doing that). I guess if I didn't have TFF to help guide me through completing the difficult parts of games, I might consider it. But only after I exhausted all possible resources; TFF, strategy guides, the internet.

I guess it is a cheaper way to get a memory card, as well. I bought my last 5 cards brand new (over the last 4 years- 2 PS2, 2 PS1, 1 NGC). In total, I spent maybe $35-40 dollars.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Passing fair judgement Final Fantasy Game Saves Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy Game Saves

I've bought one before, it's nothing particularly special. It's basically a hacked game and you can blow through it in 2 seconds.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Admittedly, i have heard of these things before, but i've never bought/used one. I love playing games from the beginning, i can never start halfway through. I must start from the beginning otherwise i just can't get into the story and flow of the game. I get confused and angry and that combo isn't good.

I will save the world Final Fantasy Game Saves Hero without a Name's Avatar

I've also heard of it myself, I've never actually done anything in that sense for I like to have my own file, but I know some of my friends have done it just so they can hack into stuff because they can for fun

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

The Lost Writer Final Fantasy Game Saves Psiko's Avatar

What would be the point? This is the equivalent to the days when game saves were passwords, and people would enter the password to skip to the final level so they could claim they "beat the game".

Yet there are many ways people define what it means to beat a game. Take, for instance, Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES. Is it beating the game if you use Warp Whistles to bypass 3/4 of the worlds? Is it beating the game if you don't unlock everything (aka get 100% completion)?

I would personally never pay for someone else's saves, or MMO character accounts. Most of the thrill, and the accomplishment factor, comes from doing it on your own. Sure, RPG games aren't for everyone. Even I get bored with level grinding at times (which usually becomes necessary at least once in every RPG), but it is an integral aspect of the game.

You don't pay $10 to see the last 15 minutes of a movie. Why would you pay to play the end of a game?
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.