Thread: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles REMAKE

Registered User Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles REMAKE King Fenii's Avatar

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles REMAKE

Hey everyone!

About three weeks ago a buddy and me decided to tackle FFCC on the Nintendo Gamecube. Sure we'd both played the single player and I had even completed it. I loved the style and also enjoyed playing My Life as a King on the Wii. However, the multiplayer for the Cube version was hard to get in to: you both needed a Gameboy Advance and a special cable that came with the game or was otherwise tricky to get by. Just TEN YEARS later, here we were: playing the multiplayer. And after being slightly disappointed by a game like Destiny it struck me: FFCC has an awesome multiplayer! We are having a lot of fun and there's tons of content to keep you satisfied.

-

So here's the thing. I want to knock on Square-Enix's door suggesting a (HD) remake of the game for the Wii U. A digital or retail copy of the game with the cost of $30/€30 should be a fair price and if they hook up an online function to this game, getting a full four-player multiplayer setup shouldn't be too complicated. I can go into the further perks of having a remake, but what I think is most important: would people actually want a remake like this? If the answer is yes, fire away! If the answer is no, why not? In either case make some noise!

I'm excited to hear some opinions!

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles REMAKE Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Fenii View Post
    Hey everyone!

About three weeks ago a buddy and me decided to tackle FFCC on the Nintendo Gamecube. Sure we'd both played the single player and I had even completed it. I loved the style and also enjoyed playing My Life as a King on the Wii. However, the multiplayer for the Cube version was hard to get in to: you both needed a Gameboy Advance and a special cable that came with the game or was otherwise tricky to get by. Just TEN YEARS later, here we were: playing the multiplayer. And after being slightly disappointed by a game like Destiny it struck me: FFCC has an awesome multiplayer! We are having a lot of fun and there's tons of content to keep you satisfied.

-

So here's the thing. I want to knock on Square-Enix's door suggesting a (HD) remake of the game for the Wii U. A digital or retail copy of the game with the cost of $30/€30 should be a fair price and if they hook up an online function to this game, getting a full four-player multiplayer setup shouldn't be too complicated. I can go into the further perks of having a remake, but what I think is most important: would people actually want a remake like this? If the answer is yes, fire away! If the answer is no, why not? In either case make some noise!

I'm excited to hear some opinions!
    Maybe a port/version for the New3DS? Id definitely play it as the game alone is not enough to make me want to purchase a Wii. Id totally get it if it were on 3DS though. If it were on NEW3DS, it could take advantage of the systems new power.

Registered User Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles REMAKE King Fenii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Maybe a port/version for the New3DS? Id definitely play it as the game alone is not enough to make me want to purchase a Wii. Id totally get it if it were on 3DS though. If it were on NEW3DS, it could take advantage of the systems new power.
    Hey Rowan, I am all for the New 3DS and its newfound power it's bringing. I haven't even thought about a 3DS version, however I don't think the graphics will allow the game to reach its full glory on a small screen like that. Seeing as the initial version was console based, it would only feel right it being remade on the Wii U. I understand you wouldn't buy a Wii U for it though, haha.