Thread: Final Fantasy Anthology: remakes and ports for Wii Plus HD (Project Cafe) and Nintendo 3DS

gorgon6p

Final Fantasy Anthology: remakes and ports for Wii Plus HD (Project Cafe) and Nintendo 3DS

So I thinking deeply about the Final Fantasy series. I only recently got into them, but I think they are one of the best games out there. Unfortunatley, alot of people aren't familiar with the series as far as pre-X. Most people recall either playing X, shopping for dresess in X-2, the big hype about XI Online, realizing that XII wasn't like Kingdom Hearts, the insane detail of XIII or the bomb of XIV.

Taking cues from III and IV for the DS, I am proposing remakes and ports of every NUMBERED Final Fantasy for the new Nintendo systems. The 3DS has great graphics for a handheld, and the heavily speculated Project Cafe (which I hope is ONLY a Wii HD and nothing more) is confirmed to have graphics better than the Xbox 360.

So if the original Final Fantasy was remade, with the SAME gameplay, SAME story (with a tad more direction on what to do), and KILLER FINAL FANTASY XIII graphics for the Wii Plus HD with assistance from the Dissidia CGI renders, how many copies do you think they'll sell?

Now what if they did that on Wii Plus HD for:
    II
    III
    IV: Comlpllete Collection (IV and After Years)
    V
    VI
    Compilation Final Fantasy VII (specifically VII, and Dirge of Cerberus, with a Blu-ray release of Advent Children Complete)
    VIII
    IX
    X: Complete Collection (X and X-2)
    XI: Vana'Diel Collection (XI and all expansions)
    Ivalice Collection (specifically XII, Vagrant Story, and Fortress-when released)
    Fabulosa Nova Crystallis Compilation (specifically XIII, Versus XIII, and XIII-2)
    and
    the modified PS3 GOOD VERSION of XIV

Not to mention Crystal Chronicles ports of:
    Crystal Chronicles Trilogy (CC, Ring of Fates, Echoes of Time)
    and
    Crystal Bearers

and same on the 3DS for:
    Compilation Final Fantasy VII (specifically Before Crisis and Crisis Core)
    Ivalice Collection (specifically XII: Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)

Gameplay on Wii Plus HD would NOT BE USING MOTION CONTROLS but the Classic Controller Pro, as in Monster Hunter Tri.

This collection, under the brand name of Final Fantasy Anthology would be SO IMMENSLY POPULAR, that Square Enix would never worry about their bankruptcy again. This could be realesed a year after the Wii Plus HD (or Project Cafe) comes out in 2012, as 2013, the 10th anniversary of Square Enix, 30th Anniversary of Square, and 40th Anniversary of Enix.

I also have ideas for all their other franchises!

What do you guys think? Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Final Fantasy Anthology: remakes and ports for Wii Plus HD (Project Cafe) and Nintendo 3DS Treize's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy Anthology: remakes and ports for Wii Plus HD (Project Cafe) and Nintendo 3DS

Quote Originally Posted by gorgon6p View Post
    What do you guys think? Please let me know if you have any ideas!
    No offense, but I think Square Enix should create some good original games for a change. Looking back, I can honestly say that I have not enjoyed more than five games since Square merged with Enix that were not remakes. Also, most of the Final Fantasy games have been rehashed so many times that it has become ridiculous. Some games have been rereleased more than five times already. It would be nice to see the older Final Fantasy games with updated graphics, but the games have already been remade so many times that I don't even feel like dishing out even more money for a game that I've already bought several times.

Edit: Also, the name Final Fantasy Anthology has already been used.
    Last edited by Treize; 05-15-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Re: Final Fantasy Anthology: remakes and ports for Wii Plus HD (Project Cafe) and Nintendo 3DS

There has been so many remakes, its gotten ridiculous. They are all great games, in my opinion, but you can only play the same game so many times. I don't think SE will ever stop making updated versions of its games, but I don't see myself or many other people buying 3 or 4 copies of any one FF game in their life time, no matter how many new features each one has over the last or how good the visual update is. Of course, the purpose of the remakes is not only to offer fans a new look at an old game, but more importantly, to bring new players into the series.

I do think it would sell very well, though. Some would go crazy for something like that, and I could see myself playing older FFs one last time, and newer fans would love it.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Final Fantasy Anthology: remakes and ports for Wii Plus HD (Project Cafe) and Nintendo 3DS ZantetsukeN's Avatar

While that may be a good idea but, and agreeing with what Treize said, SE needs to stop putting out remakes and sequels as their top priority for the FF series, and should focus on new games.

SE's last few new games have been great, like Nier, The World Ends With You etc. Then you have FFXIII, which was good. But now they've got remakes and sequels coming out of their ears. What they need to do is have a long sit down and think about creating FFXV. XV will be a milestone in a series (I don't think one single series has ever reached 15 games), and SE need to create something that will blow people's minds. XIII was good, but wasn't completely mind blowing.

I think most FF fans have all the games by now. The only one I don't own is VI (but have played it before). I'd be happy with a PSN porting of the game, then I'd be set. I personally don't need more copies of any of the games (although I would like the FFIV set on PSP, as I only have the DS version). I already own 2 (working) copies of VII, VIII and IX, and I'm not planning on any more.

So while I'm all for increasing the accessibility of the series, I don't think SE should focus on it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    While that may be a good idea but, and agreeing with what Treize said, SE needs to stop putting out remakes and sequels as their top priority for the FF series, and should focus on new games.

SE's last few new games have been great, like Nier, The World Ends With You etc. Then you have FFXIII, which was good. But now they've got remakes and sequels coming out of their ears. What they need to do is have a long sit down and think about creating FFXV. XV will be a milestone in a series (I don't think one single series has ever reached 15 games), and SE need to create something that will blow people's minds. XIII was good, but wasn't completely mind blowing.

I think most FF fans have all the games by now. The only one I don't own is VI (but have played it before). I'd be happy with a PSN porting of the game, then I'd be set. I personally don't need more copies of any of the games (although I would like the FFIV set on PSP, as I only have the DS version). I already own 2 (working) copies of VII, VIII and IX, and I'm not planning on any more.

So while I'm all for increasing the accessibility of the series, I don't think SE should focus on it too much.
    Yeah. I have all the Final Fantasy games on one system or another, although I don't have the two online ones, XI and XIV. I just don't count them as a part of the main series and Square shouldn't have either. What I mean by that is they should've been labeled as something else outside of the main series, like instead of Final Fantasy XI and XIV, it should've been something like Final Fantasy Online I and II.

Anyway, back to what I was saying...I do have all the games of the main series, including IV and X's sequels. I do plan on getting FFI and II for the PSP, though, since the only versions of those that I have are on the PlayStation, and I'd like the upgraded PSP versions. But that'll come later.

And with FFXV, yeah, that game better be a great one. I have my doubts, though, since they don't seem capable of putting out a great Final Fantasy game anymore. There hasn't been one since FFIX. I did like XII, but it wasn't exactly a classic.

gorgon6p

I get what you guys are saying, I do see Square Enix making too many remakes, but the way I see this type of remake would also mark the last time would need to. By the time it's made like this, even in future, it would be extremely long before people would feel that these graphics are outdated.

So in a sense, on remake to end all remakes. One last play through of all the final fantasy games. And one final fantasy, to move onto the next.

In addition, newcomers to the series (like me) won't be discouraged from playing it because of bit graphics or complicated emulator/rom downloading and stuff.

I also think this could finish Square Enix's financial problems. Either this, or selling themselves to Disney. (Or both!)

gorgon6p

Wii U

Okay the Wii Unwas unveiled at E3 and I think this could be the beginning of new era. I would love to see Square Enix unveil remakes of Final Fantasy Spira International, Final Fantasy XII (and subsequent Ivalice titles lime Vagrant Story) for the Wii U with ports for Final Fantasy XI Online, Fabulosa Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy (XII, Versus XII, XII-2) and an actually GOOD version of XIV.