Thread: Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set announced

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set announced

For the 25th anniversary of an awesome long-running RPG series, Japan will be releasing a huge box set of FF games, spanning from I-XIII, and each disc will feature Amano's artwork, and FF III will be the UMD copy coming with the compilation. It will also have an 25th anniversary art print, a 128 page book of official concept art and illustrations, and a 2-disc anniversary music CD. It will be priced at 35,000 yen ($446!).

More can be read here. Final Fantasy hits 25 this year, mega box set planned | Crave - CNET
    Currently Playing:

Eye in the Sky Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set announced Fuzz's Avatar
    Good stuff! I will probably get it as I am a hardcore collector and this collection will be a great center piece to what I have thus far... $450 seems a little high though for just re-releases... I guess they are targeting the crazy collectors, like myself

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

TFF's Token Imp Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set announced Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fuzz we should have a collect-off. I think mine and Cil's would rival most

We already have it preordered from where she works. This I mean.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set announced Rowan's Avatar
    I want the art book.. not if its full of amano's art though. I find it very ugly as well as not resembling any of the characters at all. I guess this would juse be aimed at collectors since noone who doesnt know what final fantasy is about would outright spend $450 on most of the series. My question is, do they honestly believe they can make a profit with a target audience of collectors?

Ill buy it yes indeed would be a great add to my collection i have already! But i wonder if it will even come outside of japan?

Memento Rhapso Final Fantasy 25th anniversary box set announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I want the art book.. not if its full of amano's art though. I find it very ugly as well as not resembling any of the characters at all. I guess this would juse be aimed at collectors since noone who doesnt know what final fantasy is about would outright spend $450 on most of the series. My question is, do they honestly believe they can make a profit with a target audience of collectors?
    Well, I quite like his artwork, so I'd love to have a collection like this. However, if the art book is Nomura, that'd also be excellent, since they're both great at what they do in my opinion.

Perhaps they'll bring the price down to a more reasonable level, but $450 seems a little bit above the right price if you price each game at twenty five ($325) then consider the art book, and the poster (Maybe another $75 ignoring collector value.)

I'd love to get this, but it's way out of my price range for now. But, December 8 is Christmas time, not to mention how long it'll take to hit U.S. shores (IF they send to the U.S.) so maybe I can save up.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.