Thread: Final Fantasy 1 music

Antidrall

Final Fantasy 1 music

Since I am one of the only people on the face of the planet who despise final fantasy 8-13, I like the soundtracks to the older games. unfortunately, I live in canada so I can't buy any of the OST's on itunes, and I don't have the original cartridges so I can't record the audio with a dvd recorder. Also, my efforts in finding a fansite that allows mp3 down has been for naught, so can anyone lend me a hand on finding the music?

Registered User Final Fantasy 1 music GameMasterGuy's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy 1 music

Can't you just google it? Also, what exactly do you dislike about the later final fantasies, and why not 14 (which is awful, from what I hear)? I've only played 13 and 4, and 4 seems to be stuffed with problems...
    1) What's the point of a big, open world... if there's only two new places to go to at once? One of them is going to be where you're going next, and the other where you go after that, and for one reason or another, there's an excuse as to why you can't go to the second location until it becomes time. Sure, maybe I just need to wait... but one of the big problems critics had with 13 was that it was too linear at first compared to the other FFs...
    2) Identical ATB speeds. If two characters have the same speed, then you're always going to be wasting at least a second choosing your attack, while the other character is just sitting there. This is remedied in 13 by only having you directly control one character.
    3) Lack of battle theme differences. I'll admit, both the standard and boss fight tracks sound great... but they're pretty similar. I foresee it getting annoying later on...
    4) Lack of tutorials. Last I checked, this and a couple other problems made 14 get scores as low as 2/10. I can understand a NES game not having any tutorials, and most SNES games, but this is the *first* game in the series to have ATB, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FF was the first to have anything slightly like it.
    5)What exactly a boss can be. The mist dragon was fine, but after that, we get... an octopus? Really Square? Coming from the guys that invented Chocobos, Cactuars, Tonberries, and more... a boss that's just an octopus?
    6) Character balance, or complete lack thereof. Everyone's favorite spoony bard dies almost immediately, whereas Cecil takes one damage from almost everything while dealing massive physical damage.