Thread: Which FF's Composition Are The Most Unique To You?

Which FF's Composition Are The Most Unique To You? Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which FF's Composition Are The Most Unique To You?

Now I wanna see some length to this guys. Don't feed me know one sentence bull that shows favoritism. I will give example first of what I'd like to know from your opinions'. This is what makes any rpg unique to me.

1. Music, which theme (s) really pulled you into what the game was trying to portray?

To me, FFIII's The boundless ocean and submarine nautilus stand out the most out of all of em. I picked these not because my favorite element is water (ok somewhat) but they give you two different sides to it. Serenity and complete despair. When I first played this game and got out of the Floating Continent and saw the state of the actual world, I was like damn... can I really do something about this planet? Then when I got the flying submarine and trained for the Temple Of Time, it gave me the hope & courage that I could and defeat anyone who stood in my opposition saying I couldn't.

2. Story, obviously the plot that struck your heart deepest.

Resisting myself from my favorite (VII) I'm going to have to say V's. ExDeath, the WHOLE entire game made people suffer. I never see a person 100% compelled over his actions for power so his reasoning (s) are bull but at that he shows NO REMORSE! He taunted Bartz', Krile', Lenna & Faris' existence by throwing their loved ones and innocent people into the void. HE DIDN'T EVEN REPENT FOR HIS ACTIONS WHEN HE DIED AT THE END! He's a complete bastard and I wanted nothing more but to own him when I first played this. Very moving masterpiece of a rpg.

3. Gameplay, which one did you felt kept your attention, to be on your toes, etc. etc. your preference? This also falls into replay value.

I'm going to have to go with III again on this one. This game is very brutal, it doesn't give you much R&R to train and that's what I love about because very seldom do I pick up games like this. You make one mistake on the middle half parts of this game and your dead.... point blank. From the start once you have four characters and going towards the first boss, there are already enemies that hit to stone you and confuse. Annoying to some yes but, so much of a thrill to me because I'm actually playing the game. Not getting through it battle by battle, or rushing it to get to the better exp leveled areas/ gear, and simply wasting my money on a easily beaten game. The regular enemies you encounter (up until you the end of the game where you've found your preferences amongst your four characters jobs and are proficient with em) aren't even push overs and the bosses bring you near-death or knocking down 1-2 of your guys/gal when your about to kill him. No other FF does this for me. Two thumbs up definitely

4. Finally, the morale value ("life lesson") that it gives off after you've beaten it.

Here I will go with FF VII because I played this during the Golden Age of gaming (Nintendo 64 nuff said)and although I didn't beat it (I was 9 gimme a break), when I got my hands on it again when I was 13... it changed a lot on how I looked at life. Cloud showed me that although you keep things bottled inside, pretend/present yourself to those of something your not, and cloak as if everything is ok is not how one should live his/her life. Grasp your own present in your hands and let that and your cared ones be the empowerment that pushes you to the future... no matter how bleak/vague it seems. No other FF touched me on that personal level and will always be my favorite one for embracing me through difficult decisions I made and times I endured.

So lets hear your opinion TFF peeps.
    Last edited by Secret Weapon; 02-24-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: tee hee
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)