Thread: FF Themed Tattoo

The Magic Man FF Themed Tattoo Ragette's Avatar

Thumbs up FF Themed Tattoo

So, I am looking at getting another tattoo, I would like something FF themed, but not like a character or a weapon but some of the art within the game and possibly like the ones off the front covers that you sometimes get!
    Does anyone know any good images?
    Thanks in advance!

Bananarama FF Themed Tattoo Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Google.com

Really, for something that's gonna be permanently on your body, you might want to consider something in a game that has significant meaning for you personally. What's your favorite ff? What game or scene has the most significant to you?

And why would you trust complete strangers to tell you what images to get?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User FF Themed Tattoo Sheechiibii's Avatar
    What about writing something that means something to you but doing it in a Final Fantasy Script? Like in X there's 3 different scripts and they're all pretty interesting and you could make it say something that's meaningful to you while it's still connected to FF.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

The Magic Man FF Themed Tattoo Ragette's Avatar
    @Pete, I am after something that resembles the artwork that is on the front cover of both FFX and FFXIII, they all mean a lot to me but I'm not after specific scene from any one game.
    I am also trusting complete strangers because I have spent the better part of 3 months looking for "Final Fantasy Themed Art" only to be directed to various different artworks of characters, multiple sketches of summon's, Eidolons, GF's and all that stuff not to mention people drawing weapons that they want included in the games, which as much as I love all the art I have found, is not what I am looking for with this particular tattoo, I want artwork that I can take to my artist and give him an idea of what I am after!

@Sheechiibii, I already have something similar to that, I have some family names on me, one of which is written in the same style as the "J" for Jecht in FFX, I am after a more visual idea this time around, but thank you for the suggestion

Registered User FF Themed Tattoo Sheechiibii's Avatar
    Have you checked out Yoshitaka Amano's other work? He's the one who designed all the FF logos, and his style is very distinctive, I haven't seen any other artwork with the same sort of style.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Boxer of the Galaxy FF Themed Tattoo Rowan's Avatar
    @ragette, unlike Pete I dont believe tattoos need to mean anything, they only need to look good. If you had a tattoo that meant something to you, but looked like crap, would you care about it? would you want to show people? No you wouldn't. Tattoos are purely a cosmetic enhancement so it ought to look awesome.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I'm all for it looking awesome, but I would rather have something that has some meaning, so that when I look back on it when I'm old, it'll have the same meaning or fondness. I know that's entirely a matter of personal preference though, and I'm cool with that. I was just going based on my own perspective of if I were to get an FF based tat, I would want it to have some personal meaning with the combined aesthetic of awesomeness.

I'm actually tossing around the idea of FF6 Phoenix.

http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfan...ff6esper20.gif
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Boxer of the Galaxy FF Themed Tattoo Rowan's Avatar
    Although im sure that anyone would attach some form of meaning to the tattoo once they have it anyway. Where would you get the phoenix?

Blog Entries
    I'm not 100% sure. I've got 2 others that I'm planning on once I have things settled in terms of potential new jobs. The application process is ongoing and I'd have to inform them of it and any possible meanings for it. Then they go and run it in a gang database to see if it has any affiliations.

I'm planning a cross on my back, my grandfathers dog tags maybe on my ribs/ torso, and then maybe the phoenix on one pectoral, quite possibly the opposite side of the dog tags. Trying to keep everything easily concealed for all stages of employment, since I could potentially be doing anything.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN