Thread: is a FF book a good idea?

the rift

Question is a FF book a good idea?

I was hoping to get feedback on whether or not it would be a good idea to write a book pertaining to Final Fantasy I-VI from a third person point of view with thorough detail of every aspect of each game. I have played all the games and with about another 4 to 6 months more research ( playing the games, asking others for perspectives on different aspects etc ). I would start writing the first part ( each game would be separated into parts separating the stories ). So please give me feedback and whether or not people would be interested in buying the book and if it's a good idea or not.

Re: is a FF book a good idea?

Not sure if it would be something that I would invest money into but the over all concept is good. It would be interesting to see your full interpretation of the titles seeing that there are certain aspects of the games that are solely left open for that reason alone.

Over all I can come here and read people thoughts and over all opinions of the game so it would not be worth my while to buy into one persons perspective of the games when there are so many other free versions available with just a few more mouse clicks here at TFF. It would be nice to have it consolidated down and into one novel though.

Just my thoughts on the matter though. Would love to read what you type out though.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

the rift

when it comes to debatable perspectives on different parts of the game i'm going to post how i take the scene(s) and ask for other opinions and pick the most likely. If it's too close to call between multiple perspectives i'll just run a poll and go with majorities vote i guess, but for at least 90% of the game i have a pretty clear idea of which route to take.
    Last edited by the rift; 04-25-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Not to contradict you but how is that a third person perspective on the titles. That would be an accumulated collection of others peoples thoughts plus your own. I would rather hear from you and only you, not a booked derived from what other people have influence you to write.

Like I said there is a lot of things that are left open for interpretation and if you base your opinion surrounded by other peoples opinions then you just lost my interest in the subject at hand. No offense.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

the rift

good point lol

Memento RK is a FF book a good idea? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a bit interested to see what comes from this. Like most books, they end up turning out better then the movie/show or whatever said movie came from, but this would be the opposite. I would like to see a bit more compassion between characters. Not to say that some we're lacking compassion, but a lot were lacking character. Namely the ones from FFXII. It had a great story line, great battle system (the best of it's kind actually), but I was hoping to see more character development. No one really changed in that story. No one influenced the other. They just stayed the same which was boring and bland. The only one that ended up doing something and gained character was Balthier. We didn't know something about him and Balthier acted accordingly I guess the same goes for Fran.
    That's what I saw anyway.

From the looks of it you're just planning to write from I-IV. I haven't played those and I don't know the storyline. I'm a bit lazy to look it up, but the same point would still apply. More character development. What does everyone think of each other? Those types of things.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Yes I love reading and if I see a good film based on a book I usually search it out at the library. I would without question read a book based on or following on from a FF game.