Thread: Which FF Battle system do you like the best?

Everyone needs a savior Which FF Battle system do you like the best? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which FF Battle system do you like the best?

out of all the FF games out there 1-14 there have been different types of battle systems class systems jobs what have you.

which battle system would you rather see in a new final fantasy if you could create it

you have the atb system like most games are, turn based like FFX, or free roam like FFXII

and amoung those there are diffent types of classes and learning abilities

the job system like most of the early ones where from what i understand (i havent played those befoer 7 just yet) the materia system in VII the junction system in VIII magic stones in IX the Sphere grid in X dressspheres in X-2 and roles in XIII

Personally i like it set up in FFX i like the turn based system and i like the way that the sphere grid allowed you to choose what to do after you finished your initial path and even with kimahri you can still do whatever you want with him in the very begining
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Registered User Which FF Battle system do you like the best? Kuja's Avatar

Re: Which FF Battle system do you like the best?

I'd personally have to say the battle system that's sortive like FFVII and IX. I found them alot easier for me to understand, and whatnot. The FFVIII system has confused me more than once, and I just don't like it. And that's the same with the FFX Grid system. I don't get how to work that, no matter how many times I try to play the game. It's just really odd.

And tbh, I really hate the FF free roam games. I seriously prefer the ATB instead. I find the ones where you can fight the enemies while moving around and all, alot harder. But that's just me. I don't know if that's the same with anyone else, but anyway...
    "Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past...
    Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
    And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue."

Everyone needs a savior Which FF Battle system do you like the best? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I'd personally have to say the battle system that's sortive like FFVII and IX. I found them alot easier for me to understand, and whatnot. The FFVIII system has confused me more than once, and I just don't like it. And that's the same with the FFX Grid system. I don't get how to work that, no matter how many times I try to play the game. It's just really odd.

And tbh, I really hate the FF free roam games. I seriously prefer the ATB instead. I find the ones where you can fight the enemies while moving around and all, alot harder. But that's just me. I don't know if that's the same with anyone else, but anyway...
    i never played the free roam games and i liked the turnbased way better then the atb in FFX i also liked the sphere grid me any you are exact opposites because i owned the junction system in FFVIII but i dont mind the way it worked in VII and IX either

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Badass Military Agent Which FF Battle system do you like the best? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

I use to always prefer the ATB system aside from anything else, but after playing FFXI for so long and constantly at that, I fell in love with the free-roam system as seen in FFXI and FFXII. Something about it seems epic, to allow me to enjoy the game more. FFXII seems like a big movie to me which somehow appealed to me more than I thought it would.

Although like you stated, I also became a beast with the Junction system, possibly one of my favorites, as far as the Sphere Grid, License Board, what they used in IX (forgot the name), and whatnot. My favorite are the ones that provide a sense of individuality amongst the different members. The rest of the systems was good but man there was no type of differentiate between them, having the same phys str, def, magic, magic def, everything was the same, same armor, weapon, blah blah blah.

You get my drift here

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

what exactly was the type of level up system did they have in FFVI?

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII