Thread: Favourite Airship and world map theme?

Favourite Airship and world map theme?

What is your favourite Airship (the actualy Airship theme, music that plays while on airship during special event don't count) and World map theme.

For the airship theme, I'd say FFVIII's Ragnarok theme was the beast. It truly felt like you were flying around. And somehow, it gave me the same feeling as the FFs on the SNES (Something that FFVII and IX failed to do) Don't get me wrong. FFVII and IX had pretty good Airship theme... but IX just wans't as epic, and VII was just a remix of the world map theme.

World map theme... now there a lot of them I love... FFII, FFIII Boundless ocean. FFIV, FFV Land Unknown, FFVI, FFVI Searching for friends and Blue Fields I love them all equaly!

The Brave Favourite Airship and world map theme?

Arrow Re: Favourite Airship and world map theme?

My choices would be the airship theme from FFX as well as the world map theme from FFIX.

Registered User Favourite Airship and world map theme?

Re: Favourite Airship and world map theme?

I love the airship theme to FF VIII. Once I got free reign to ride around wherever I wanted in that badboy, I would just ride to all around just to hear the song play. Funny though... I don't seem to have that particular track on my iPod anymore. :/ I wonder if I accidentally deleted it?

The world map themes to FF III (DS remake mostly, though the original is quite good as well) and FF VII are my favorite. They both have nice melodies to them, and I love the feeling that I get when the music plays, like "Heck yeah! This adventure is going to be AWESOME!"
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Lone Dagger Favourite Airship and world map theme? Xithor's Avatar

You guys hit it right on the head as far as airship themes go, FFVIII had awesome music when you're aboard the Ragnarok, I mean come on it just made me wanna go speeding off into the distance to discover what was in store for me haha. To Cactuar Island! lol

As far as World Map themes go I like FF IX's theme song in the World Map but before the Mist covers the entire world. I always wished that I could change the theme song back to what it was when I get back from Terra every time I'm doing side quests and training on the 4th disc lol

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Learner Favourite Airship and world map theme? CloudTide's Avatar

i dont really have a favorite airship theme cuz i dont really pay attention to the music when im on it just focused on where im going not the BGM but my favorite World map theme is that of Final Fantasy VII its just so calming i think and it makes me think of Yuffie and i dont know i just like Yuffie
    Last edited by CloudTide; 06-19-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Airship theme... erm... probably the one from FFVII. Wasn't the song also Cid's Theme? Hm, I don't really remember. XD" But I liked it, it was one of the few songs I liked in FFVII. :3"

World map theme: Definitely "Toki no Hourousha" from FFVI. :3" So melancholic, so sad, but yet so.. hopeful. >..< I really love that song. I was really sad when the world map theme changed in the middle of the game. (No spoilers :3")

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

.............. Favourite Airship and world map theme? smurphy's Avatar

I dont remember if it plays during when you are on the airship but "Airship" from ff iv would be my favourite airship theme from the series. Only lasts less then a minute but its more adrenaline fuelled than the other themes.

As far as world map themes go the main theme in vii is superior to anything else as it provides this special ambience. Only marginally behind is the world map theme from vi, "Terra".
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Rune Knight Favourite Airship and world map theme? Trodorne's Avatar

the cargo ship from FFIX, always have been and always will be my favorite airship.

Registered User Favourite Airship and world map theme? Zidane77's Avatar

My favorite airship music is VIII and world map is VII (before disc 2), or VI/IX

Cloud816

My favorite Airship would have to be FFIV's Lunar Whale. I really dont have a preference of theme but the FFX theme was pretty cool.

Certified tech, come at me! Favourite Airship and world map theme? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmm... thought i posted in here already? ...guess not. my favorite airship themes are the following: Big Whale Ship FFIV, FFV'S airship theme, Searching For Friends FFVI (who doesn't like this one?), and Ride On from VIII. Favorite map themes are: FFIV's, FFV's (four hearts, merged worlds), Terra's theme FFVI, and i also liked IX and X's theme.
    Currently Playing:

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Favourite Airship and world map theme? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

The best airship theme is FFVIII. I love it! It's just plain awesome. Sometimes I fly around for ages just to listen to the theme.

As for world map, I think it's a tie between FFIX and FFIII.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favourite Airship and world map theme? Xanatos's Avatar

My favorite World Map theme has to be the one from Final Fantasy VI, but the World of Ruin theme, the other one is also quite good I must say. I used to lay my GBA down and do nothing, except to listen the theme of course.

As for my favorite Airship theme, a tough one, but I'll have to go with the one from Final Fantasy IX, I think it's called Hilda Garde or something like that. A tough choice because I also like the Airship theme from Final Fantasy VIII and VI.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Favourite Airship and world map theme? NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Not too sure about Airship theme as the only one I can recall is FFX-2, and I did not enjoy it, haha.

But World theme is def FFVII, and I do believe it had the best overall soundtrack.

The Strahl and the Ivalice world map. I just like everything about that world and the games involved in it. It sucks though you don't really get to fly it yourself in the game though.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Favourite Airship and world map theme? xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

Ride on from ff8 i always just felt like dancing and the ragnarock is my favourite design and i would have to say 5 for the world map because it seemed you were on a proper march! xD

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Favourite Airship and world map theme? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I like the Exodus space ship the best.
    YouTube - Exodus Spaceship Theme~ Dawn. (Final Fantasy inspired improvs)

jk kinda
    Definitely Ride on (FF8 ragnaroks theme)
    THe best world map?

Hmm FF8 was my first so blue fields. It is so damn relaxing it's not funny.....>.>
    I also like FF6 field theme as well as FF9's.

Honorable mentions...
    FF6 airship theme, not sure which one but it's nice, but it only plays when you are in the ship or during the world of ruin.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

im going to kick myself for saying this but i would pick the final fantasy IX cargo ship from dali and have the world theme music from VII.... first world music.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Favourite Airship and world map theme? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Hmm, several people has said the first world theme from FF7, didn't know it had two...>.>
    Of course I didn't go long enough to find out

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    Hmm, several people has said the first world theme from FF7, didn't know it had two...>.>
    Of course I didn't go long enough to find out
    after the meteor shows up. not that your missing much.

Registered User Favourite Airship and world map theme? xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

I don't know why but the second world map theme on 7 used to scare me, so i would always have a chocobo if i was travelling without the airship :3
    Some people say Poland is like the Mexico of Europe...I don't know what that means, but I like it!! - Chris :')

Holy hell, xXx Rikku xXx
    That picture made my cry laughing lol
    Taken me a few seconds to figure it out but LOL!!!!!

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Favourite Airship and world map theme? Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

My favorite Airship is the Invincible from Final Fantasy IX, although my favorite airship theme is from the first Final Fantasy.

World map theme? That's a tough one for me. It's actually a tie for Final Fantasy IX (before Disc 4) and the one in Final Fantasy II (it sounds a bit sad, like "This...is our world. Here we are, fighting a losing battle against an empire.")
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Death Before Dishonor Favourite Airship and world map theme? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite airship is in FFX. But my favorite map theme was definitely from the original. I f*cking loved it, or maybe the theme from the second. Gotta love the oldies.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I dunno if its just me, but I think riding the balamb garden in FFVIII is badass. Very slow moving and inefficient though compared to the ragnarok.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Favourite Airship and world map theme? T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    To all of you guys who mentioned "Ragnarok" (the Airship theme from Final Fantasy VIII)...a-frickin'-gree with you. It's, without a doubt, my favorite Airship theme, bar none.

World theme, on the other hand? "Searching for Friends", from Final Fantasy VI. You get the first song in the World of Ruin, and it feels depressing, then you get the Falcon going on, and that song blares, and you feel inspired and hopeful. It's a tone tinged with melancholy, but at the same time it makes you feel all teary out of goodness, because you expect things are gonna get better eventually.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Memento Rhapso Favourite Airship and world map theme? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't really pick a favorite, or even a top ten. I love all of the music. However, some notable ones that haven't been touched on yet:

FFV's Main Theme: As we've stated in other threads, it really captures the feeling of travelling on the wind with a bunch of strangers to do things you're not even aware you're supposed to be doing. Really relaxing, liberating theme.

FFII's Main Theme: That spooky, worrisome theme that covers the world map. It really feels like the stress is on, the heroes are downtrodden, and the Empire is winning, but a faint bit of hope still lies in some of the notes, and with Firion and the crew. I think the PSP redo with the guitar helped lighten it to appeal to a broader audience, since for the most part, the game is a bummer.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

I'll go with FFV. That theme was just so memorable to me.