Thread: Favorite world?

Favorite world?

I don't know if this has already been discussed recently, but what is your favorite world of the main series? Mine would probably be Final Fantasy IV's world. It's smaller compared to others, but I know every town and location by heart and I love the underworld section. I wish other FFs had used the underworld setting a time or two.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite world? Xanatos's Avatar

Re: Favorite world?

Definitely Ivalice (Final Fantasy XII, Tactic series, Vagrant Story). Splendid mixture of traditional fantasy and futuristic setting, diverse and breathtaking scenery and places, rich history and culture... Ivalice has it all.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

TFF's Resident Messenger Favorite world? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would have to say Ivalice as well. The place is just so vast. If I were to get the urge to journey, there's no telling what I would find along the way. And you know it would take a while to get my destination (if you're walking). Places are rather far apart.

And who would think that the change in climate from desert to snowy mountains is just a short chocobo ride away.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I do what you can't. Favorite world? Sasquatch's Avatar

I'd have to go with FFIV, too. For one thing, it's one of the very few with common airships. It has many different cities and kingdoms, all with their own way of life and history. Plus, you can go to the Underworld, or the friggin' moon -- and you can walk around on the moon just fine, how cool is that?

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Quite hard but I would probably pick Spira some beautiful places ther such as Moonflow the Macalania woods, Besaid, Kilika many nice places to live.

Elementalist Favorite world? IcyJJ's Avatar

FFT's Ivalice is still my favorite world. Loads of different environments to explore and a great medieval setting.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

Chief Inspiring Officer Favorite world? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wanna check out the Gardens in VIII. I would love to visit all of those villages and play cards with people.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Gaia. Cosmo Canyon is my favourite place in all of FFVII.. a spiritual, peaceful, cosy setting that has my kind of feel to it and a center to study the workings of the planet. The cosmo candle and the planetarium, EVERYTHING about that place is utterly magical...To top it off you got one of the best music tracks playing in the backgroundXD My only other alternatives are The Sleeping Forest or City of The Ancients. The less people, the better.

The Mad God Favorite world? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I's have to say Spira. Place was just full of awesome shit, ancient ruins, sunken temples, bizarre floating rocks hovering above quasi-magical flower fields where dead people appear if you think about them, all kinds of cool shit.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Favorite world? Catalana's Avatar

FF VII's world with Midgar, Nibelheim, Wutai etc ... I love this map :3

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Quote Originally Posted by omgawd View Post
    Gaia. Cosmo Canyon is my favourite place in all of FFVII.. a spiritual, peaceful, cosy setting that has my kind of feel to it and a center to study the workings of the planet. The cosmo candle and the planetarium, EVERYTHING about that place is utterly magical...To top it off you got one of the best music tracks playing in the backgroundXD My only other alternatives are The Sleeping Forest or City of The Ancients. The less people, the better.

I have to agree with Cosmo Canyon. The setting and everything else about that place is nice. And the lighting especially. I was tempted to say Gaia as well.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

is not a douche Favorite world? Bubble Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IcyJJ View Post
    FFT's Ivalice is still my favorite world. Loads of different environments to explore and a great medieval setting.
    Ivalice is FFXII right? Then that's the one I like too.

Chocobo Queen Favorite world? Katpuss's Avatar

Ivalice from Tactics is good but I love Alexandria from IX, Midgar from VII, Balamb Gardens from VIII and Gran Pulse from XIII.
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

VII's world, definitely. The first one to show fully unique cities, love the concept of the lifestream, and that overworld music, man A magical world in dire need of exploring but man if I came across those Weapons

*apologies for the necropost

Chrono Trigger, for the sheer fact that it's the same place in so many different time periods. I've always wondered what FF7s world looked after midgar was finally taken back by the forests of gaia. The ruins etc