Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy

Registered User Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Tidus613's Avatar

Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy

Hey kids UNCLE TIDUS IS BACK. I aint been around for a bit, a slight incarceration screwed the last month up. But im back with a good topic. Who is your FAV FF Villain, and WHY (be brief)

Me, Caius from FF13-2, reason: His badass voice
    XBL: Tidus613
    Gears of War 1 Execution champion top 200 worldwide 2006-2008

Kefka because Kefka does it because he can.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Cyric's Avatar
    I liked Seifer the most, but even though he wasn't the final villain in his game, he definitely served as a proper rival to Squall.

The Mad God Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Heartless Angel's Avatar
    The Cactuar King. Because he has a moustache.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Kefka because of his maniacal laughter.

Consistently Average Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Gilgamesh in all his incarnations. He's funny and ridiculous and I love Battle on the Big Bridge.

If we're talking main villains then probably Vayne. Dude has balls to fight a heavily armed team of six with his bare fists.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy LauriJ's Avatar
    You know what my favourite villain is? Well, my favourite villain of all time certainly would be Caius Ballad from FFXIII-2. Oh and by the way, I switched accounts. Got tired of my old nick if you're curious.

#LOCKE4GOD Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LauriJ View Post
    You know what my favourite villain is? Well, my favourite villain of all time certainly would be Caius Ballad from FFXIII-2. Oh and by the way, I switched accounts. Got tired of my old nick if you're curious.
    There's a thread for name changing FYI, so you don't need a second account. Someone less busy/sick than I can link you to it...

My favourite villain is fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There's a thread for name changing FYI, so you don't need a second account. Someone less busy/sick than I can link you to it...

My favourite villain is fate.

That's Chrono Cross, this is for Final Fantasy villains.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Boxer of the Galaxy Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    That's Chrono Cross, this is for Final Fantasy villains.
    My favourite villain is hades voiced by james woods.

Registered User Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Sang Hee's Avatar
    Caius Ballad. His English voice actor did a tremendous job on his voice. And he acted for the good of someone else besides himself, he did it all for Yeul (as he claimed) which was different from evil (selfish) the other villains did. Plus he wore pink like a badass.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Xanatos's Avatar
    Kuja and Vayne. I don't plan on writing another wall of text as to why these two are vastly superior to other villains in franchise.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Mystyrion Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Kuja and Vayne. I don't plan on writing another wall of text as to why these two are vastly superior to other villains in franchise.
    Kuja ftw

Sephiroth, he simply is what a true villan should be like. From conception to destruction his reasons for being the way he is makes sense. He slowly drifts into a fanatical fit of rage IMO. However he makes Kefka look like a mental hospital escapee, Nothing more. I would say if rufas shinra survived long enough he would have become something of a cross between Hitler and Stalin. Stitler... LMFAO

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Have your eyes been opened? Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Nehi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidus613 View Post
    Hey kids UNCLE TIDUS IS BACK. I aint been around for a bit, a slight incarceration screwed the last month up. But im back with a good topic. Who is your FAV FF Villain, and WHY (be brief)

Me, Caius from FF13-2, reason: His badass voice
    Caius was pretty boss I have to admit. I mean, if you can summon a giant meteor in the sky like it's nothing...well you catch my drift right?

I haven't played FFIV yet, but my cousin says it's one of his favorite FF; and trust me the guy isn't a big square enix fan. So with that said, I'd have to say Golbez is pretty boss in terms of being able to possess other main FF characters. <--- My opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin View Post
    I haven't played FFIV yet, but my cousin says it's one of his favorite FF; and trust me the guy isn't a big square enix fan. So with that said, I'd have to say Golbez is pretty boss in terms of being able to possess other main FF characters. <--- My opinion though.
    I am currently playing FF4 android. I can atest to how much I dislike Golbez. He is a boss you just love to hate. I actually can not wait to confront him and show him what is what. Great choice Hexin!

Blog Entries
    My favorite FF villain is Kefka, because Kefka.

He did some stuff that made me mad and want to kill him, and then at the end of the game when I killed him I was all like "...wow, I really wanted to kill him. Maybe that means he is a good villain?" And then I answered "Yes" to my own question. You might think I have Multiple Personality Disorder, but no, I just like talking to myself. The TFFer with Multiple Personalities was Mike anyway.

Bananarama Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would say that Kefka takes the cake. He was the ultimate villain simply because he had no rhyme or reason for what he did. He simply wanted to see the world burn. He did most of what he did, just because. That's the mark of a true villain. You can have other characters do things in games, but they almost always have a reason for doing it. Every action that he did, was either simply done because he wanted to, or to help him achieve his goal of destroying the world... just because he felt like it. He wasn't in it for riches, power or fame. He was just bored with life and wanted to see it all burn.

Look at Sephiroth. Yes, he was a great character, and even a phenomenal adversary, but I don't think that he would even be considered a true villain. He was just a man on a mission, especially once he discovered the truth about his origin. Everything in his life was turned upside down and everything he believed was a lie. He did the only logical thing in his mind, which was to follow the footsteps of his "mother", and attempt to take control of the planet, as she tried to do. I don't see him as being a villain, mostly because while he does a lot of terrible things, his motives aren't inherently evil. He's being stopped by Cloud and company just as much as he's standing in their way. Granted, the fate of the world happens to hang in the balance, but Sephiroth comes off more as a troubled character trying to be one with his "mother's" people and their desires. The ultimate goal of Jenovas race was to take over the planet in order to use it as a springboard to find paradise. Ultimately, that doesn't make them villains as much as it makes them assholes.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Old Skool Warrior Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The most important thing about Kefka though, and I mean this genuinely... is such a spoiler for anyone who still has not played this game. So please, PLEASE do not click this spoiler if you intend to play FFVI and have not done so yet.

Kefka is the best villain because...:
    Everything Pete and Telegraph said, but more importantly, HE WINS. KEFKA WINS THE GAME. And then you're treated to an entire sequel immediately where you have to start completely fresh with no characters in your party all over again. Seriously, FFVI is two games in one, but you're forced to lose the first game. It's lovely.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    The most important thing about Kefka though, and I mean this genuinely... is such a spoiler for anyone who still has not played this game. So please, PLEASE do not click this spoiler if you intend to play FFVI and have not done so yet.

Everything Pete and Telegraph said, but more importantly, HE WINS. KEFKA WINS THE GAME. And then you're treated to an entire sequel immediately where you have to start completely fresh with no characters in your party all over again. Seriously, FFVI is two games in one, but you're forced to lose the first game. It's lovely.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Your spoiler is what I tell mostly everyone about the game when I talk about it. That part right there you mention is what blew my mind with the game.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I invented Go-Gurt. Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Clint's Avatar
    I don't know why people choose Kefka. He wasn't a very unique villain, and he had very little depth to him. I mean, he wasn't bad, but there was just nothing special about him, other then the fact that he dressed like a clown. He was a psychotic, who was unnecessarily violent at times, and his only motivation was world domination. If you take away the clown getup, he's a generic villain.

I guess if you want to put it this way, some things are generic because they simply work. A villain who's only motivation is world domination is as simplistic in depth as you can get, but it's enough to create a good antagonist. I wish there was a little bit more originality with Kefka. Some sort of underlying motivation. He's a good villain, but I wouldn't consider him the best.

My favorite villain was Jecht. He has a lot of depth to him, his story is shown throughout the playthrough of Final Fantasy X, and he has a personal relationship with the main character. Not to mention that he is the reincarnation of a massive monster summoned to protect a dream version of a civilization, which ironically becomes a civilization that it eventually physically destroys.

Sin is the kind of villain that I like. It's an interesting enigma, it's frightening as hell whenever it appears, and only gets more interesting when you realize that the monster is your main character's father.

Edit because arguing is pointless.

I'm sure we can dig deep enough and find a post by T.G. Oskar about all of this lol.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Sheechiibii's Avatar
    Damn, whenever I see an edit like that I can't stop wondering what it said lol

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

I made a reply about what Kefka did that made him a better villain, but it's been debated countless times. So I just deleted it.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I invented Go-Gurt. Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Clint's Avatar
    Because there is no argument to state why Kefka is a better villain, because he has no depth or motivation, and therefore there would be nothing to argue about.

By reading Loco's Spoiler explains what he basically did.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Final Fantasy VI is a good story, and a great game, but despite what happened in the game, Kefka is underdeveloped, bland, and generic. He's a psychotic clown who's only goal is world domination. The only thing that makes him different from any other psychotic bent on world domination is that he dresses like a clown. He's a dumbed down version of The Joker.

The discussion isn't whether Final Fantasy VI is the best Final Fantasy. It's about the best villain, and in terms of character depth, which is what I personally look for when determining a great character, Kefka is lacking. Don't get me wrong, he's a good antagonist, but there are much more interesting antagonists in this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Christ Eastwood View Post
    Final Fantasy VI is a good story, and a great game, but despite what happened in the game, Kefka is underdeveloped, bland, and generic. He's a psychotic clown who's only goal is world domination. The only thing that makes him different from any other psychotic bent on world domination is that he dresses like a clown. He's a dumbed down version of The Joker.

The discussion isn't whether Final Fantasy VI is the best Final Fantasy. It's about the best villain, and in terms of character depth, which is what I personally look for when determining a great character, Kefka is lacking. Don't get me wrong, he's a good antagonist, but there are much more interesting antagonists in this franchise.
    I agree Kefka is a Gimp as far as villains go.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite villain, and why from any final fantasy Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post

Vayne did a far better job at that, even though he was eventually defeated his victory was not short lived. Not to mention unlike Kefka who I also adore there's more to him than meets the eye, thus far superior villain in my opinion.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast