Thread: Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs

Mystyrion

Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs

Unsure if this has been a thread or not, favorite and summon are pretty popular words on this forum and I didn't feel like going through 11 pages. So sorry if its been done already.

What are your favorite summon designs.
    For example: Bahamut from IX is my favorite Bahamut design. I also really liked Zero Bahamut when I was younger.
    Wasn't too happy with the Shiva design for XIV ARR. It looks plain and boring, nothing to really feature her element. I think VIII takes my favorite design on that.
    Anima is one of my favorite summons, unsure if it has been in any other game than X, but it was a really interesting design.

Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs-anima-jpg

Chief Inspiring Officer Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Disliked: these three sister thingies. They really offended me for some reason :\

Really liked: Zantetzuken from VIII "Slice them all!"
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs Xanatos's Avatar
    I love the way Shiva looks in IX and X, though my favorite cutscene of hers is in VIII, love when she suddenly opens her eyes and breaks that ice. She looks god damn awful in VII though. VIII in fact has some of the best summon cutscenes. IX has my favorite version of Odin, while X has Bahamuth and Ifrit. Leviathan's pretty awesome in IX looking more than just a sea snake like it's earlier versions.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Mad God Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Crisis Core's Phoenix, Bahamut, Odin, and Bahamut Zero are sexy as ****.

XII's Chaos, Zalera, Zeromus, Hasmal, Ultima, Shemhazal, Adramellech, Famfrit, Mateus, and Zodiark were all pretty sweet, major bonus points for making such sweet summoning sequences while NOT using the same handful of summons that every game in the series has already used.

Alexander in IX was just epic.

VII's Alexander was sweet, KOTR was interesting, thought by the end you were kinda bored of it.

Anima would probably be my top pick, followed by XII's Mateus. Those are both some pretty sexy summoning sequences.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Consistently Average Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Most of the Espers from XII looked pretty amazing/imposing. They all seem to ooze power and godliness, Chaos and Zeromus were two that I didn't mind summoning almost all the time. Plus XII's summoning sequence never gets old.

I quite like Bahamut from X, it's one of the most badass looking summons IMO. It's Megaflare isn't as impressive as past iterations (shooting an energy beam through space probably tops that list) but the fact that it's constantly crossing its arms and kills enemies with a single swipe from its claws (if you're strong enough) makes up for that.

I was never very impressed with how III's set of summons looked. They were all quite bland in terms of their appearance and execution of their attacks.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by cyanosuke View Post
    Disliked: these three sister thingies. They really offended me for some reason :\

Really liked: Zantetzuken from VIII "Slice them all!"
    Those sisters are definitely one of my least favorites. Terrible.
    I've also never been disappointed by an Odin.

A lot of the summons from 10 stick out to me. Probably because they took kind of a different route with a lot of them. Some good some bad. Ixion and Valefor were alright. Yojimbo has an awesome design but as a summon, meh.

But Mindy was so cute.

One of my favorites would be FFX's Ifrit. Following in that same vein, FFXIV's Ifrit looks really cool.

Various Bahamuts would probably rank up there as well, but X's was the one I liked the least.

Pondering life's mysteries since '91 Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs Recluse Writer's Avatar
    Phoenix from VII was probably my favourite summon from the PS1-era games. As for the PS2-era, i'd probably have to say Yojimbo from X and Mateus from XII are my favourites.

XIII's summons were alright, but none of them really had that 'wow' stand out factor to them - at least for me. If i had to pick one, i'd say the Shiva sisters, and only because they're of the ice/water element.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    VIII's Shiva, and Siren.. And Carbuncle.

Def Bahamut & Alexander from IX

And again, Shiva from X, also Bahamut, and Anima

Wasn't a huge fan of any of the Espers from XII or any from XIII.. Except Bahamut.

The Old Skool Warrior Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs

Quote Originally Posted by Mystyrion View Post
    Wasn't too happy with the Shiva design for XIV ARR. It looks plain and boring, nothing to really feature her element.
    You're not talking about that "natural" flesh-tone image floating around the internet, are you? That's not what Shiva will look like; Square-Enix posted the character map to show detail of the unfinished design and the internet ran away with it.

» Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my Galaxy S2
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    You're not talking about that "natural" flesh-tone image floating around the internet, are you? That's not what Shiva will look like; Square-Enix posted the character map to show detail of the unfinished design and the internet ran away with it.

» Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my Galaxy S2
    Probably haha, I just saw Shiva XIV ARR and was like wow thats boring.

The Old Skool Warrior Favorite/Least favorite Summon designs LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While that will be her base character design, it's certainly not her color palette. She'll have some more Shiva-esque special effects surrounding her to accompany a far more appropriate color scheme.

To the topic, favorite and unfavorite summon/esper/eidolon/avatar/etc designs, eh?? I'll actually have to ponder on that one for a few. Just wanted to throw my two cents in on this Shiva discussion for now.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.