Thread: Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes?

Hewerya love...? Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? seanb's Avatar

Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes?

Ever notice how the characters always sleep in their clothes and never get under the covers? Also how do you think the characters wash etc. .
    Ive tried sleeping on a bed in my clothes with no blankets and I have to say it's not exactly comfortable

TFF's Resident Messenger Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes?

I would think that them having to fight monsters, soldiers, and other nastiness would make it a waste of time to sleep under blankets or to wear bedclothes. I don't think you would ever hear Tidus or Squall saying, "Stop killing people and burning our town, you monster! Wait until I change my clothes!"
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Hewerya love...? Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? seanb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    I would think that them having to fight monsters, soldiers, and other nastiness would make it a waste of time to sleep under blankets or to wear bedclothes. I don't think you would ever hear Tidus or Squall saying, "Stop killing people and burning our town, you monster! Wait until I change my clothes!"
    Hehehe thats true
    It's always been something that would be at the back of my mind while playing FF.

Registered User Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? tehmuffinmon's Avatar

Haha, I can honestly say this is something I've never thought about it, but I probably will from here on out.

Memento Rhapso Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sleep in my clothes all the time, be it my work uniform, street clothes, anything. Also I don't use blankets past winter, like recently. I don't get the big "omfg musthave pajamas/nudity" thing everyone does, and I always feel out of place at sleepover situations where I'm the only one who doesn't change until morning.

As for the FF crowd, I guess they don't change because the programmers didn't see a need to make them change really. It's all about providing the best graphics in the quickest amount of time, so I guess outfit changes are a secondary concern

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    I sleep in my clothes all the time, be it my work uniform, street clothes, anything. Also I don't use blankets past winter, like recently. I don't get the big "omfg musthave pajamas/nudity" thing everyone does, and I always feel out of place at sleepover situations where I'm the only one who doesn't change until morning.
    Very interesting . I suppose you con conceal a 6ft sword too, as if it were invisible.

And, yes, that would be the most literal explanation for it (programming/time).
    I suppose I just let my own fantasies take over sometimes

is not a douche Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? Bubble Boy's Avatar

Ever notice how they never change their underwear?

Banned Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? IdiotWithHair's Avatar

That's how winners sleep. They just collapse onto bed because they've had such hard day of work, killing monsters and shit! Why would you judge, man?!

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotWithHair View Post
    That's how winners sleep. They just collapse onto bed because they've had such hard day of work, killing monsters and shit! Why would you judge, man?!
    Just a fun thought I had. who said I was judging?

Melodious Schemer Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? Final Hearts 69's Avatar

in the earlier games, like one and three, they are shown going under the covers; but not changing clothes. In the newer ones like FF7 Crisis Core and FF13 they just show the character getting on top of the bed to sleep. It had caught my attention and made me wonder...why on earth would they change it from one to the other? Then I came to the conclusions, by putting myself in their situation, that I didn't want to change into bedclothes and then my fighting clothes every single time I went to bed. Becuase you never know when your next fight would be. It could happen when you're sleeping or when you're changing....it almost seems like they took the idea from the military. And according to one of the rules...as it were...that you must always be on your gaurd even when you are sleeping. So I believe that SE had done that so that the characters could be on their toes when something happens.
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-

Quote Originally Posted by Final Hearts 69 View Post
    in the earlier games, like one and three, they are shown going under the covers; but not changing clothes. In the newer ones like FF7 Crisis Core and FF13 they just show the character getting on top of the bed to sleep. It had caught my attention and made me wonder...why on earth would they change it from one to the other? Then I came to the conclusions, by putting myself in their situation, that I didn't want to change into bedclothes and then my fighting clothes every single time I went to bed. Becuase you never know when your next fight would be. It could happen when you're sleeping or when you're changing....it almost seems like they took the idea from the military. And according to one of the rules...as it were...that you must always be on your gaurd even when you are sleeping. So I believe that SE had done that so that the characters could be on their toes when something happens.
    Hmmm... thats a good theory Never thought of that. I'm beginning to think there was more meaning behind it than I thought.

Hehe, was just reminded of this little jingle. I should try going to sleep to this
    YouTube - Final Fantasy VII OST - Good Night, Until Tomorrow ~ Sleep Theme

is not a douche Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? Bubble Boy's Avatar

You guys....!!!!

Their underwear!! The more important thing is that they don't change their underwear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    You guys....!!!!

Their underwear!! The more important thing is that they don't change their underwear!!
    Haha maybe they change when the screen turns black and the lovely sleeping music is played but then again when do they ever go to the toilet, we can be assured there aren't any skidders

I'll find you, no matter what. Ever notice how they always sleep in their clothes? FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm good question. I can understand them not changing in the field, like in the games where they tent for the night. FF8, they changed clothes some in the beginning. But what about when they are on airships or actually home for a change? For example, Aerith went home in FF7, why didn't she change? Lol wouldn't that be intersting, everytime you tented or slept for the night random team members would change clothes. Then, if you didn't like what someone was wearing you could just tent again and change their clothes lol.

Trust Me.

It's gotta be uncomfortable as hell for Cecil sleeping in his dark knight armor.

They do get under the covers, though, if I remember correctly. In the 2D ones, anyway.

This is similar to a previous thread I answered and as I answerd to the previous one yes I have noticed that but I also said have you noticed that you never see them eat either.