Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone here even play FF anymore?

The Quiet One Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Except for on Ultros, che. ;p Come visit us some time. Loco is becoming more of a regular again, but that's because he's got a reason to be on the game now. So I don't know how long that'll last. But the regular crew is still around.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

To me the last FF i enjoyed was FFX, everything after it is way below the par of VII-X.

Everything after it was crap, boring stories littered with uninteresting characters, hampered in a combat system so active that it doesnt know what it wants to be, they should have just let rip and turn them into the button mashing beat em ups they're trying so hard to look like to draw in the new crowds.. LAME! Hope FF7 remake becomes the ultimate bed shit and the fuckers go bankrupt...

Oh shit...is this thing logged in?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Xanatos's Avatar
    Ff xii > ff i-x

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Certified tech, come at me! Does anyone here even play FF anymore? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FFXV > every other FF, just sayin

Oh and I'm a fan of Type-0 HD.

I can't wait for the full game of FFXV to come out, the demo is pretty fun, it does get to a point where there's not much to do and the demo gets boring, but the full game will definitely keep things interesting.
    Currently Playing:

Type-0 was really slow at the start and it being a Port annoyed me. Got to the Academy and stopped. Felt overwhelmed too.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I pre-ordered 15 on Amazon. If it sucks, I'm pretty much done with FF (mainly due to lack of time). Overall, game quality has gone to sh*t across the board imo. Never been so depressed walking through Gamestop.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

FF lX would be exciting if they did it right and were able to keep the same feeling as the OG but the OG is plenty good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find myself playing Final Fantasy simply to refresh my memory of the game and its environment in order to better roleplay for Exigo. xD

It's gotten to a point where I'm starting to see the flaws even in my favourite game of Final Fantasy X and X-2, which I last played in their remastered form. If Square'd give my Exigo a go, perhaps they could get back into the swing of things. #humblebrag

Lady Succubus Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say game quality has gone to shit, more that it's changed so much from what it has always been that a lot of people make a big stink because people hate change.

Don't get me wrong, the 13 series was actually very bad, writing wise. And the crystarium was a joke.

I mean, FF14 is actually a really well written game, and the gameplay has spoiled me from other MMOs. FFXV looks very appealing to me gameplay wise.

The Persistent Flourish Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Alice's Avatar
    I definitely still play Final Fantasy games. Bought IX on Android a while back, been on and off with revisiting VIII, and am also in the process of screen-capping through VI in preparation for writing up some posts about why I love the game. The only major difference I can see between now and when I first joined the forum is that I'm nowhere near as excited as I am for the newer games as I used to be. I have zero interest in XV for instance, and while I absolutely loved playing through XIV, I'm not in a position to return to it right now. There's also the fact that everybody I know is very busy with their personal lives now - less room for talking about what we love than there was before. As a result, we don't often get to express our thoughts on stuff unless prompted.

That love is still there. It just manifests differently now, I suppose.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still play it. I mean, recently it been a bunch of remakes. I have VII on my PS4 and FFX on PS3, PS4 and Vita (yeah, I know...). While I haven't sat down and played them for more than a couple of hours a month, they're there for me to enjoy. FFVII is a game I try and play at least once every few years now, and I'm looking forward to giving them my undivided attention. May even have a go after I'm done with this laptop haha.

I gave FFXIV a shot when it first came out, but couldn't get into it. For starters, you need people to play with. Most of the people I know who I'd like to play with also live a giant time gap from me, and with working full time now, I can't really play with them. Also, I'm not always someone who can be relied on in MMOs - my attention span is very slim, and I jump from game to game indiscriminately as it is. ^^;

I'm not sure on the direction SE are taking things at the moment though. I mean, the FFVII remake going episodic, Hitman going episodic... I feel like I've been waiting on FFXV for the last decade (I called it being a next gen title before next gen even was even a thing). FFXV might be the last Final Fantasy game I play depending on the direct they go in the future.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I mean FFIX is coming out on PC finally, another reason to play it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Lady Succubus Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FFVII is "episodic" not in the adventure game episodic sense. Moreso in the 'Its content is so dang big they have to split it up, or release a very large multi-disc game costing more than 60$'.

I want to play a game. Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Zargabaath's Avatar
    I'm in the middle of a FFX HD playthrough. Still in hiatus due to Xenoblade Chronicles X and getting back in to Tales of Zestiria. I want to do another FF IX run since I haven't played that in a couple of years as well as doing all the Nintendo era. I am kind of holding out in replaying FF XII in hopes of a HD remaster even though SE should not be doing this and focus on new games. But didn't FF X/X-2 HD get outsourced anyways? In which case, it doesn't really take resources away from new games.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Last one I beat was Final Fantasy Origins for PSN, the FF1 half of it anyhow. I'm gonna play FF2, I am. Someday...
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Certified tech, come at me! Does anyone here even play FF anymore? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had the opportunity to play the Platinum FFXV demo and I was pretty blown away. It had a very KH like feel to the environment portrayed in the demo, the controls, and the battles are re-done to more like KH's but still requires much strategy. I feel like Square has really learned their lesson with FF13 and made a proper FF title with a engaging story, cinematic cutscenes with the interactive gameplay, and the battles feel more fluid than they did in episode duscae. I have high hopes for the final product!

- Brought to you by a guy who still plays FF
    Currently Playing:

Registered User Does anyone here even play FF anymore? ikesoul19's Avatar
    Yes I do in particular but not recently. The last final fantasy game I played was IV on my GBA. I tried to max out my characters which I succeeded in doing a hour or two in. My team is Cecil Rydia Kain Rosa and Edge. All max weapons and armor you can get and levels.

I felt accomplished

Does anyone here even play FF anymore? ZRO's Avatar
    An hour or two in? On IV? With Max weapons and armor and levels? Unless you're gamesharking or something similar, I call bullshit.

And playing FFXI daily right now, along with Record Keeper on the phone. Intending to work my way through the rest of'em that I haven't beaten yet, which sadly, is a lot of'em. My brain just keeps dragging me back into my MMOs one way or another, lol.

Registered User Does anyone here even play FF anymore? ikesoul19's Avatar
    my bad I meant to say on my save file I finished getting max level and armor and weapons I spent a week or two trying to beat the story

sorry bout that the way I said sounds absolute bullshit

and record keeper for me was a interesting little game but I really liked it

Registered User Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Cloud87's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like to share with all of you sometimes i play more of Final Fantasy games & sometimes i take breaks from playing Final Fantasy games and before you say how long do i take breaks sometimes i take short breaks and sometimes i take a long break depends on how long of a break do i need but however rest assured i still play Final Fantasy games don't worry .

Bananarama Does anyone here even play FF anymore? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud87 View Post
    I like to share with all of you sometimes i play more of Final Fantasy games & sometimes i take breaks from playing Final Fantasy games and before you say how long do i take breaks sometimes i take short breaks and sometimes i take a long break depends on how long of a break do i need but however rest assured i still play Final Fantasy games don't worry .
    That's nothing to worry about. We all take breaks from the games every now and then. The thing that unites us is that we all have some love and appreciation for them even if we don't live for them
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Playing FF 5 and 15 right now. Love the DS FF5 version. Much better than the present graphics style. Also planning on getthing FF9 on steam because of how well it looks in upscaled form. Still on my to beat list.

Hell yeah. Any chance I get I go back and play some FF game. I'm currently doing a run of all the main titles for my YouTube channel. If anyone is interested, here is the link: Cyril Jive
    - YouTube

Any suggestions or comment would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2