View Poll Results: Rate Your Commitment to Fighting

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in it for the story only, and run through basically fighting as little as possible

1 7.69%
  • I fight for fun a few times as I go from one location to another, but don't go out of my way to

1 7.69%
  • I fight frequently, gaining several levels and abilities before moving on to the next thing

10 76.92%
  • I fight constantly, grinding my butt off. I max out every stat and ability.

1 7.69%

Thread: Rate Your Commitment to Fighting

Registered User Rate Your Commitment to Fighting Locke4God's Avatar

Rate Your Commitment to Fighting

Rate Your Commitment to Fighting

I'm a frequent fighter but definately not uber committed. I'm almost an occassional fun fighter, and when I first started, was definately a run through fighting as little as possible player.

I think I thought I'd have to conserve all my resources at first, but eventually figured out you can get more, and the experience is worth the time and effort, although I purely believe that fighting too much ruins the experience as all of the major battles become easy if you're leveled beyond them, and it just feels like a serious waste of time anyway. But I do love to fight some, esspecially some tougher enemies you have to strategize a tad for.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 03-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Rate Your Commitment to Fighting

I'm a lover not a fighter.

But I seriously don't know what you are talking about. Care to elaborate?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Rate Your Commitment to Fighting Locke4God's Avatar

You were too quick on the draw Rocky. Check the Poll

Registered User Rate Your Commitment to Fighting HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rocky is always quick on the draw, he shoots before Han Solo.

Anyway, I do believe that too much fighting can not only make a game boring, but can completly ruin the game for you.

If I just fight random encounters repeatedly, I have to make up some kind of story to get through it all. (I do sometimes find that entertaining though. Example: I had Basch as a guest and was just leveling Vann, while fighting endless hordes of wolfs in the desert, I pretended that Vann was actually Basch's long lost son who had wandered off into the desert. He was then attacked by Basch's best friend who died in the battle at Nabudis. It was actually a rare game skeloten I saw in the westersand. )

Anyway, too much fighting can make me not want to ever pick the game up again. I will eventually go back, but for now I can't play FFX...I simply leveled up too much.

I'm one to fight frequently but not constantly. I honestly do not have the patience for grinding. As long as I've fought enough to get through the next boss without too many problems, I'm good.
    Avatar created by raethes from livejournal.

I do every single option in your poll.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like being prepared for bosses. Sometimes I'll grind for the fun of it, but most of the time I just run straight towards my destination. I don't really run from random encounters unless the battle isn't going my way, but that's very rare.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Rate Your Commitment to Fighting che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do it for the story. Plus it makes me feel mo balla when I don't grind constantly and I can still advance through the game.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Rate Your Commitment to Fighting Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Well when I get to a new area, I LOVE to test out my abilities on all the new monsters, plus, new monsters make me Masturba-meditate on how cool they look.

But if the difficulty outweighs, I just try to advance. I'm looking at you 5th arc(FF13).

Or, if the story is funner than the gameplay, then i play to see the next cutscene.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Registered User Rate Your Commitment to Fighting Zidane77's Avatar

I like grinding in FFVII,VIII and XII but that's pretty much it.
    I do grind in all rpg games i really like and am mastering, am in it for the storyline and music mostly though.
    But the feel of the game and fast paced battle mode is what drives me somewhat too.

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Rate Your Commitment to Fighting nickness89's Avatar

Wow, i'm the only one that voted as grinding my ass off

I agree, grinding and max-ing everything does make the game hair-pullingly boring, but I always make sure i play through the game once first, to get the storyline and basic ideas of the game, to master the battle system, get an idea for secrets and side-quests etc. Then once i finish my first playthrough i start again, making sure i get EVERYTHING i can possibly get, and max out, fight and grind my little booty off xP