View Poll Results: Whos the superior militia?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shinra

19 65.52%
  • SeeD

10 34.48%

Thread: Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD

Certified tech, come at me! Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD

Which military operations do you think are better out of these two? describe the advantage one has over the other.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Re: Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD

SeeD because it has successfully brainwashed young kids into fighting wars for whoever will give them the most amount of money. Gotta train em young I guess.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD

Technically, the military part of Shinra was called SOLDIER. Shinra encompassed a lot more than just a military during the events of the game, even though they started as just a weapons manufacturer. They were the government, a power plant, lead the way in scientific discovery/technology, and yeah, still did some weapons manufacturing as well.

So out of SOLDIER and SeeD, I'm gonna go with SOLDIER. SeeD was alright, but I don't think a bunch of kids could hold thier own against Mako-infused super soldiers. Plus, Shinra in it's glory would have just bought out the SeeDs, since money is a main priority for the Gardens.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 02-07-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

O Rly? Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Arch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Technically, the military part of Shinra was called SOLDIER. Shinra encompassed a lot more than just a military during the events of the game, even though they started as just a weapons manufacturer. They were the government, a power plant, lead the way in scientific discovery/technology, and yeah, still did some weapons manufacturing as well.

So out of SOLDIER and SeeD, I'm gonna go with SOLDIER. SeeD was alright, but I don't think a bunch of kids could hold thier own against Mako-infused super soldiers. Plus, Shinra in it's glory would have just bought out the SeeDs, since money is a main priority for the Gardens.
    I have to agree, SOLDIER had like Green Bright steriods injected into them! SeeD was eh to me it's All about SOLDIER.

A couple of BEASTS from SOLDIER:
    The one and only and ultimate Sephiroth(Ok so he kinda cheated being an ancient and Jenova's son and all, he was still in soldier!)
    Genesis! Nuff said he was all around Beast
    Angeal- you never saw him really fight but he looks beast.
    Zack- The ORIGINAL beast! sucky way to die though >.<
    Cloud- Of course a Given.

Basically if there was a war SOLDIER would kick SeeD's lil 12 year olds asses!

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Shinra, because they were more of a military organization/mutant soldier people. I feel like SeeD....( Seed-D; SEED O_o;.....I say Seed-D) was just a bunch of random kids given written exams and then forced to fight huge GF's like ifrit with no experience whatsoever in an inferno cave, because that makes a lot of sense...and then randomly selected to go on super missions it casual clothing. At least the Turks have tuxedos
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-07-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I'm going with SeeD, I find people who have been training since they were kids would be far better soldiers then someone who joins at around age 15, trains for a couple years and gets infused with mako. Plus SeeD's were one with the magic they drew, SOLDIER used Materia which I find inferior.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Do the elements trust you? Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD bahamuts heir's Avatar

Shinra cuz they have better numbers; like1000 to 1, better technology; helicopters of doom and really big robots, soldier which is made of mako-addicted super soldiers and freaky powerful guys like genesis and old sephy.
    seeD has guardian forces which are freakin Demi-god powerful and for the most part stronger more skilled warriors.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

SeeD would go mutha****in' DOOMTRAIN on SHINRA's asses.
    Yeah SOLDIER has a handful of freakishly powerful people, but SeeD members seem to all get bonded with GFs if the whole Ifrit obtaining sequence was anything to go by.

Oh, also Squall's limitbreaks were more powerful than anything I ever saw a member of SOLDIER use.
    EDIT: Then there's Selphie's The End. Godlike.
    Last edited by Furore; 02-08-2010 at 03:49 AM.
    victoria aut mors

Not to mention invisible moon, name one member of SOLDIER that can beat Invisible Moon.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

^ No member of SOLDIER would have to face anyone in SeeD with Invincible Moon, because the only person that had that was Rinoa, and Rinoa wasn't a SeeD.

Can't say anything about The End though... You got me there. I guess the only hope SOLDIER would have is when the SOLDIERS faced off against Selphie that there would be a train nearby and she would be too distracted by the train to fight them, you know, since Selphie loves trains so much.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

i never really liked SeeD so i would say Shinra
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

Banned Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD

Shinra was pretty much in control over the world, you can't beat the world...and they had big big guns and suicidal robots...

The Persistent Flourish Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Alice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose312 View Post
    and they had big big guns and suicidal robots
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Galbadia? Not only did they have a suicidal robot, it refused to blow up no matter how hard you hit it unless you were way too strong for your own good and you had to keep at it for quite a while. And Selphie's "The End" works but not the first time you use it, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. It even had a repair function and if you managed to deal with that and blow it up, you find out later when returning to the Comm Tower there's more of those damn machines.

Only you don't get to fight them, but I wanted to.

Bloody things...

But seriously, good question...both sides really do have things going for them, so I can't really pick. For some odd reason, I'm leaning towards SeeD though.
    Last edited by Alice; 02-23-2010 at 04:55 AM.

Posted by Zeromune
    And Selphie's "The End" works but not the first time you use it, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Are you talking in general, or against a certain enemy? Because every time I used "The End", it worked, but it was a pain to find so I could actually use it. I usually had to do the cheat where you pop the lid of the console and then the game would slightly freeze up, and no one could do a turn until you shut the lid again. Sometimes, even when I did that, I would skip over the spell, because I was pushing the "Do Over" too fast, and missed when it actually popped up.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

.............. Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD smurphy's Avatar

First and foremost, neither is a militia as they are both professional armies. Secondly Shinra is the unquestioned military power in 7 while SeeD lacks behind Galbadia and Esther. Granted, SeeD train from a young age but members of soldier have Jenova cells. And if Balamb Garden was to initiate an attack against a Shinra stronghold the stronghold in question would most probably have the Sister Ray. One shot from that and its game over for SeeD.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Our Hopes and Expectations Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Ernest's Avatar

Shinra/SOLDIER accomplish more than SeeD/Balamb in their respective games. As smurphy said. SeeD seem inferior to Galbadia anyway.

Also why are we comparing limit breaks? That's so silly. lol.
    ____Ernest

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Xanatos's Avatar

First of all Shinra uses Mako to enhance Soldiers ability, still, as seen in the game not many people can withstand Mako infusion which lead me to believe that they don't have many Soldiers on their disposal. Sure they do have few elite soldiers but as a group they're inferior to SeeD. SeeD members are regular people who must withstand extreme mental and physical training from young age, they're strong, organized and most importantly they follow orders without any question.

Soldier rely too much on Materia while SeeD can draw magic from any opponent and use it instantly, not to mention that they use summons to enhance their skills. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Soldier a special organization, because I got the impression that most of Shinra's military are just bunch of regular people with guns.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Our Hopes and Expectations Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Ernest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Soldier rely too much on Materia while SeeD can draw magic from any opponent and use it instantly,
    Yeah and SeeD don't rely on GF's for draw.

SOLDIER are their elite force, with those stock Shinra soldiers being not as good. I would assume SOLDIER were pretty large. Cloud as a young boy wants to join them, so they're publicised and not some secret team of 10 guys. They'd probably be in their small hundreds.

They're different universes, so its hard to compare. SOLDIER strikes me as more hardcore, whilst SeeD is made up of teenagers.
    ____Ernest

SOLDIER 3rd Class Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Copperfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    SeeD because it has successfully brainwashed young kids into fighting wars for whoever will give them the most amount of money. Gotta train em young I guess.
    Got news for ya. SOLDIER is just as brainwashed, and SeeD members aren't enhanced using infusions of Mako (life energy) and DNA from some suped-up, freaky, alien thing. Sry if I've offended anyone.

Death Before Dishonor Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it wasn't for the Mako infused freaks I would give it to SeeD, but I have to give it to Shinra. Boom send out SOLDIER and everyone is f*cked...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The Mad God Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Heartless Angel's Avatar

Alot of people are comparing Seed to SOLDIER or SeeD to the legions of noobs in blue. Butthe poll clearly says Shinra. That means both SOLDIER AND the legions of noobs in blue. And not all the SeeD's were anywehre near the strength of the party you control. Even when you were a level 7 or whatever, according to Quistis you and Seifer were in a class of your own. If two lv 7's are in a class of their own when compared to actual SeeD's, on average I'm guessing SeeD's aren't all that tough. Shinra's legions of idiots in blue definately have the advantage in numbers; and SOLDIER absolutely destroys them in strength. true, I haven't seen any SOLDIERS use the end, though I've also never seen a SeeD blow up the sun or call a celestial body nearly 1/3 the mass of the earth to do their bidding. Sephiroth once defeated 10000 Wutai soldiers by himself. And those Wutai Soldiers, much like SeeD, were nothing but trained men and women with slightly above average strength. And only ONE garden even used GFs, the rest have nothing but the attack command. Meanwhile, ALL SOLDIER members are infused with Mako and use Materia. Even the noobs in blue have materia. And did i mention Shinra's "Injecting fetuses with Alien DNA and infusing them with Mako" department? Yeah, they tend to make some pretty nasty fighters in there. And Hojo was mass producing monsters in Mako reactors. Not to mention Shinra has the Sister Ray. All in all, SeeD wouldn't stand a chance against Shinra.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Memento Rhapso Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ShinRa, even the basic SOLDIER is hard to kill. I mean even in before SOLDIER when you look at the Infantymen, they were the ones who brought down Zack.
    I shouldn't have to put any further emphasis on that point but I will anyways
    THE NOOBS OF SHINRA COULD BRING DOWN A LEGEND
    SeeD rookies can't even compare to ShinRa rookies

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

The Mad God Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Heartless Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    ShinRa, even the basic SOLDIER is hard to kill. I mean even in before SOLDIER when you look at the Infantymen, they were the ones who brought down Zack.
    I shouldn't have to put any further emphasis on that point but I will anyways
    THE NOOBS OF SHINRA COULD BRING DOWN A LEGEND
    SeeD rookies can't even compare to ShinRa rookies
    Well, to be fair, it DID take them nearly 10 minutes to bring my Zack down, and only after suffering a few thousand casualties...
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

SOLDIER 3rd Class Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Copperfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Well, to be fair, it DID take them nearly 10 minutes to bring my Zack down, and only after suffering a few thousand casualties...
    And that was with Zack suffering some from an overdose of Mako. Because of his previous infusing with it he didn't suffer from it as Cloud did, but it did dull his usual quick reflexes some.

At least SeeD isn't as bad as the Imperial Army under Emperor Gestahl. They needed mechs to be worth anything. Members of SeeD have some real skills at least.

Whos the superior militia? Shinra or SeeD Ragtime's Avatar

i thought SOLIDER were a special faction of the Shinra military, as opposed to being the entire military, so i voted for SeeD because everyone in it is an elite fighter.

but on second thoughts, Shinra is probably superior simply because they are one militia striving for the same goal, whereas SeeD hire themselves out to any nation, thus not having a united goal (except making money).