Thread: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced

The Quiet One Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced

Square Enix revealed yesterday that the arcade game Dissidia Final Fantasy is finally being released for the PS4 next year. The trailer announcing the PS4 version of the arcade game was release yesterday. The trailer sets up the narrative for the heroes and villains fighting and shows off some of the combat in this 3v3 fighting game. No exact date has been giving for the game apart from early 2018.

Attached Images Attached Images Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced-dissidialogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Mad God Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Looks interesting. I loved the original and Duodecim. Haven't played for ages though, I probably suck ass now.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Boxer of the Galaxy Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Rowan's Avatar
    I played this in a japanese arcade earlier this year.

Consistently Average Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks amazing can't wait to see this on a big screen. Duodecim was one of the best psp games but that's not really saying much.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Master Garland's Avatar
    Man that looks so awesome! I can't wait to play it. I'm hoping that Rydia, Sorceress Rinoa, and Shadow end up as playable characters. I highly doubt they will but I'm hoping.

Rydia would have a ground mage style with some summons. When using black magic she'd be ground style and while summoning she'd be mid air type. Rinoa just like in FFVIII would be specifically long range fighter and mage. She'd be a mid air long range physical fighter using her projectile weapon. She'd also be really fast like Zidane because if you all remember her speed increased by five fold under Angel Wing Status with long range magic. Lastly, she can use her dog in battle somehow not sure how I'd do that one. Shadow I'm not so sure but he'd be cool to see in there he could also use his dog for attacks or whatever and his long range shurikens.

Boxer of the Galaxy Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Rowan's Avatar
    Can someone tell me what the appeal of dissidia games is? Im not critisizing anyones taste here, but to me it just seems like a fanservice nonsensical cash grab. I never understood the combat, why they are all sharing the same universe or anything like that.

Doing this to people is pretty appealing.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Consistently Average Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The combat is why I like the games. Each character is different with their strengths and weaknesses: Firion having good ground attacks but is pretty bad in mid air and Exdeath only being able to move at walking pace but can teleport and block and counter attacks with his spells. Every one has their preferred character or fighting style (Golbez is my favourite in 012 being able to chain attacks and draw in foes from a distance)

Never done pvp but there's enough character and stage variation to keep me entertained. Story is kinda meh from my perspective but I've never been a fan of typical jrpg storytelling.

Tldr; the combat's where it's at
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Master Garland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post

Doing this to people is pretty appealing.
    Dang that's like one of the quickest KO's I think I ever seen in this game! Very satisfying. Sadly, I never played the games but watched gameplay when they were still highly popular and new and seen all the story for both. However I will get this new one I hope. I seen tier lists for the other two and it would always seem like Zidane, Kuja, Ultimecia, and Exdeath were the best fighters in general.

You think that's fast, you should see me when I cheat, lol.

Seph was god tier in D1, got nerfed to shit in D2 though. Here's hoping he makes a comeback.

Haha well yeah that's quick! I guess you pull like 15 second wins cheating though.

The actual fight was just over one second, lol.

Oh a instant bravery break and heavy hp attack I guess.

No break was necessary, I was using an accessory that increases my bravery when my health is low, and another that makes me start at critical health the cheat was the hp attack. Normally that's a slow move, but there's a bug that causes it to go off instantly if it's canceled by EX mode when it's on the ground.

has character list been revealed for this game yet besides what was shown in the arcade

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Xanatos's Avatar
    I enjoyed both Dissidia games on PsP quite a bit. I believe I had over 100 hours in Duodecim, I don't remember the last time I clocked that much into a fighting game, if ever. The combat, along with RPG elements was tight, extremely addictive in nature, and the amount of unlockables was insane. The only gripe I have with Dissidia games is the story, but then again I have that issue with most fighting games. Really looking forward to this one.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced Xanatos's Avatar
    So NT came out, going through gameplay videos and reviews that came out it's not quite what I hoped it would be, a step up to Duodecim, that is.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity