Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Dissidia Duodecim Announced

No scans yet, Japanese Jump magazine where this info is from just came out. Hopefully, we can get some scans/info later tonight maybe tomorrow.

Lightning and my namesake confirmed playable.

EDIT: Found the scan:
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/0f351396810137

Certified tech, come at me! Dissidia Duodecim Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Is this the long awaited sequel? and that is very good to hear that Kain and Lightning are going to appear in the game.

Will there be any more characters from the FF games joining in? If so, I hope to see at least Cyan or Sabin in there.
    Currently Playing:

^I would hope so. Still need to play the first one myself ^^;;;

Still I respect any game that gives classic FF characters their due.

First post updated with scan.

Blog Entries

*looks at scan* Lookin pretty good there! My concern for the rest of the game is how the story will turn out and what kind of stages will we be fighting on this time?

I'm sure we'll find out as more is revealed.
    Currently Playing:

Tsuna Feesh Dissidia Duodecim Announced Fate's Avatar

I will squeal and die happy for Hope... >||< Highly unprobably, though. ;; But God, at least let Jihl, the poor villain with so little attention, be the FFXIII villain and not Yaag(?)/Barthandelus.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Two things I really want to see in the sequel:

1.) I want to see Basch and Auron as playable characters, though we'll probably get Balthier and Yuna. However, Basch very well could make it in because of his ties with Gabranth. Here's hoping!

2.) TAG TEAM!

That would be a pretty sweet addition to gameplay.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-08-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Here's hoping Balthier, Freya and Seifer are in it. I was quite surprised that Seifer was omitted from Dissidia (although Ultimecia makes sense), so I would love him to be in it.

I wouldn't be suprised if Zack was in it too.

I'm all excited now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    2.) TAG TEAM!
    I would love this! Hopefully with a name like Duodecim, this will happen.

I also read somewhere one time that they were considering Kingdom Hearts characters. I will try to find a source, but it was probably nonsense. I'm not too fond of the idea, but would accept it if it happened.

EDIT*: ^Was nonsense
    Last edited by ZantetsukeN; 09-09-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Blog Entries

i think its kinda obvious it will have tag team, why else would Duo be in the title? Weren't there plans for KH characters to appear in this title? ...I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
    Currently Playing:

From all the sources I've looked up "duodecim" means 12 in Latin, so....that's a reason that "Duo" is in the title.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    i think its kinda obvious it will have tag team, why else would Duo be in the title? Weren't there plans for KH characters to appear in this title? ...I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
    Yeah, I heard that. Tried to find the source earlier, but it turns out it was all rumours. They were shot down by Nomura himself.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

Thats fake, that word could mean anything if you looked it up online. I believe there will be tag team, don't care if its a shot down rumor. Its all hush hush right now so thats why any rumor is being denied.
    Fake? Sabin, duodecim actually means 12 on Latin, check it for yourself if you don't believe Dodie...

Which might mean that Square will include 12 games from the main series, I - XIII, without XI solely for being an online game. I only wish for bigger character roster which sequel will definitely have. I'm also not fond of though that there might be a Kingdom Hearts character, stick to Final Fantasy Square, will ya.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 09-09-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I want to play a game. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Zargabaath's Avatar

I wouldn't want that big of a roster. To be honest, it would be nice if they just had new heroes and villians from FF-FFX, FFXII, & FFXIII. I would want new members to offer some diversity from the game. The problem with having such a large cast is making sure each character is unique which I found SE did a good job in Dissidia.

Just thinking about it, Barthandelus could be similiar to Ex-Death. In FFXIII, he teleports, creates shields, and is very adverse in magic - Ex-Death, but instead of being a tree, Barthandelus is a mechanical "demi-god" being.

Plus, wouldn't seeing Quina eat its opponents be the funniest thing?

It's some good news to hear as I'll be getting the game; I hope it has a good roster with mostly new faces. If they carried over most of the original cast from Dissidia would they not change their moves? Which is why I would prefer new characters; there may be similarities but there wouldn't be the problem of having some characters being too close to each other in fighting style.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

I can die happy knowing a sequel is coming. Of course I'd rather wait until after release if I can manage to hang on that long... but I can die happy with just the knowledge it's coming.

I'd like to see maybe more than 2 fighters at once, that could add a whole new dimension to the game. More characters obviously.

I'd actually like to see all the old characters available, but in addition to a whole set of new faces. Cain being confirmed makes my day, since he was towards the top of my wishlist. I still need Auron confirmed to be truly happy though. Maybe Fang, Fang would kick ass.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Do the elements trust you? Dissidia Duodecim Announced bahamuts heir's Avatar

i want to include at least one dragoon hopefully Fang
    tag teams would be kickass and i do hope for it, but it might be a switch out system
    kingdom hearts is a good game series but kh characters would die so fast against true final fantasy characters not the knock offs from kh
    i did want a function to ne able to make your own character in the first one and that would be nice
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Blog Entries

Why all the hate in the talk about including KH characters? they deserve a spot in a fighting game like dissidia just as much as the FF characters that didn't appear before. Sora, Riku, and the organization would make great combatants.
    Currently Playing:

Tsuna Feesh Dissidia Duodecim Announced Fate's Avatar

Why all the hate in the talk about including KH characters? they deserve a spot in a fighting game like dissidia just as much as the FF characters that didn't appear before. Sora, Riku, and the organization would make great combatants.
    Aye, they would. However, in my vision, Final Fantasy is a part of Kingdom hearts, but Kingdom hearts is NOT a part of Final Fantasy.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Blog Entries

Even if it isn't, both franchises were made by the same people so i don't see any problem in adding them. Its silly to leave out characters that are JUST AS eligible for this game like the FF characters are.
    Currently Playing:

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Dissidia Duodecim Announced T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Even if it isn't, both franchises were made by the same people so i don't see any problem in adding them. Its silly to leave out characters that are JUST AS eligible for this game like the FF characters are.
    Hmm...then how about Mana series characters? Or SaGa series characters? Keeping Dissidia only based on Final Fantasy series (mostly the originals, but that would also include FF Tactics given their link with the Ivalice Alliance and...FF Crystal Chronicles >.<) would reinforce the idea of a in-world crossover. Adding KH would sound moderately reasonable, except that you'd be locking out the rest of the RPGs developed by Square-Enix. There would be no reason why Dragon Quest characters cannot be there (at least even Erdrick/Loto), as a nod to their original competition, or add the main characters from Estpolis/Lufia given that they're now published by Square-Enix (though the game will be brought by Natsume in these parts, so not sure how it'll work out in the US).

That would be the core of the reason behind the "hate": either you make it limited to one series, or you make justice to all S-E series, since there's no particular reason why Kingdom Hearts should be a pick over other games with influences from Final Fantasy.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    That would be the core of the reason behind the "hate": either you make it limited to one series, or you make justice to all S-E series, since there's no particular reason why Kingdom Hearts should be a pick over other games with influences from Final Fantasy.
    Pretty much this.

Besides a bigger character roster I would like to see more of extra content, if that's even possible as first Dissida is well known for it's huge amount of unlockables. As for particular characters I would love to see, definitely Basch and Gabranth representing Final Fantasy XII, something in similar manner as Cecil and Golbez.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

KH characters have no business being there. FAte pretty well summed up my opinion on that. The game is called Dissidia Final Fantasy, not Dissidia Squeenix. Though that would be a cool game too, that's not what it is. It's like expecting to see Sora in an FFT entry, it makes no sense to expect that, because Sora is not an FF character.

As for your dragoon request, Bahamuts heir, you're in luck. Cain is confirmed playable. He'll probably end up one of my mains if he plays anything like I expect him to.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

#LOCKE4GOD Dissidia Duodecim Announced Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any information as to the status of Ramza, Marche, et al.?

Not to my knowledge. Not sure how they'd implement Marche, since he has so many classes. I'd like to see a class system for Marche. Kinda like they did with OK's EX mode, or Cecil. Certain actions change classes in battle.

hello

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Any information as to the status of Ramza, Marche, et al.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Not to my knowledge. Not sure how they'd implement Marche, since he has so many classes. I'd like to see a class system for Marche. Kinda like they did with OK's EX mode, or Cecil. Certain actions change classes in battle.
    Also the Final Fantasy Tactics games are spin-offs so it is doubtful their characters would be implemented. There isn't a standard of using just the characters from the main entries but that is what it seems, otherwise they could have used, Ramza and/or Delita for example, in Dissidia.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with that. Though, it was only the first of (hopefully) many, maybe they just didn't think to use tactics characters last time. Not that I expect them this time, but I wouldn't totally shoot down the idea.

The British Guy. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There will probably be more VII characters seeing as that title has the most spin offs and possibly the biggest fan base.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

So far, I've seen that Cecil, Kuja, Warrior of Light, and Garland are set to reappear in the Dissidia sequel. I did get that info from a Wiki, so...make of that what you will.

*fingers still crossed hoping for Auron and Basch*
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Here's something interesting I found just now. This site, and many more, are spreading this image around with the rumoured line up. Like this site states though, it is something to take with a pinch of salt, but The line up looks great if it does turn out to be true.

Leaked image reveals Dissidia Duodecim characters?

(No Freya though )

I don't know about that leaked image. It looks as if somebody - some fan - decided to make that list because some of the pictures are pretty sub-par representation of the character(s), such as Larsa. It seems like the whole cast of FFV is represented in that image with the exception of Lenna. I think I see Locke. I'm surprised that this person did not recognize more people.

I'm glad that there will be a playable demo for TGS, meaning the game should be close to finish. I'm thinking a Q1 or Q2 release in Japan.

Though that doesn't look official by any stretch of the imagination, I'd be happy knowing Auron was in it o.O

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast