Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

If anyone is going to be in it from IX, it will either be Quina or Vivi. I've come to terms with Freya not having a chance (well, sort of... ). Quina, perhaps more likely, would be a good character. Kinda of like Bartz I would think, using other people's attacks perhaps. Or just Blue Magic spells. Vivi would one I would love to see. He could have his basic magic as his attacks, and then his EX Mode could be kind of like Shantotto's where you cast a series of spells.

No one else from IX seems like to go in I think. But you never know with this game. I wasn't expecting Laguna in it before Seifer, or Vaan before Balthier or Basch, so we'll wait and see shall we?
    Last edited by ZantetsukeN; 12-27-2010 at 04:57 AM.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Dissidia Duodecim Announced Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Actually, I expect Amarant over anybody else from IX. Just think about it. Besides Freya and perhaps Eiko (with those wing ornaments on her back), who else would be able to actually run up a wall during a fight?

I can see it now. Perhaps he'd be like a wild card, refusing help from Cosmos and Chaos. As for battle, he'd use regular attacks for Brave attacks, Chakra to recover BP, Throw as another HP attack, and No Mercy as a chain attack. For EX Mode, he'd equip his ultimate weapon as he goes into Trance and EX Burst would be to Throw a powerful weapon (perhaps similar to Onion Knight's Shuriken attack, but with an FFIX command list).

Of course, since I believe they want to make the new characters unique, I doubt they'll put Amarant in since we already have someone with a Monk fighting style.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Perhaps maybe Steiner or Beatrix should be in this one.
    Beatrix also had a switch sides type of thingy .

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I vote for Vivi. We can always use more magic users, and Vivi's perfect for the job. Only problem, DON'T USE THE KH2 VOICE!!!

Well, if not him, then definitely Steiner, he was great. But I can also see Beatrix getting in, too. We need more female condidates to even it out.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Well, Lulu would be a better magic user... only cause she's sexy...
    but if yunas in then theres goes Lulu, but auron would be next in FFX so...>.>

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Don't know if this has been all mentioned yet because I'm too lazy to read all ten pages but if you watch the newest vid one the official site you get a glimpse of a woman's feet walking on water. I'm banking that it is Yuna...I mean she's the only one I remember impersonating Jesus in any of the games.

Anyways I enjoyed the first one and I think a prequel is a neat little idea. Don't know if I'll buy it thought yet. Out of all the new features and stuff nothing has really won me over. I mean the Assist system and new maps are kinda cool, and I think Laguna will be a blast to play but other than that it is the exact same.

Anyone else in the same sorta boat?
    EBG

Quote Originally Posted by Atma-Noah View Post
    Don't know if this has been all mentioned yet because I'm too lazy to read all ten pages but if you watch the newest vid one the official site you get a glimpse of a woman's feet walking on water. I'm banking that it is Yuna...I mean she's the only one I remember impersonating Jesus in any of the games.
    Tiny bit late on that news.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Blog Entries

I'd also prefer Leon from FFII, even though we already have a Dark Night. Perhaps he should oppose Firion since the Emperor seems to be plotting behind the scenes as always.

I doubt it since they mentioned all characters will be from post-SNES era and onward, but just throwing it out there.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Certified tech, come at me! Dissidia Duodecim Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would be awesome if Square decides to add some of their music from other games as bonus tracks to dissidia that you can fight too. I know everything should be kept FF based but this song seems to fit nicely if used as a bonus song you can fight too. Just listen to this and imagine a normal dissidia fight while listening to this song.

Chaos Rings Deadly Duel

so anyone in favor for this as a bonus unlockable song in dissidia?
    Currently Playing:

Disciple of Bahamut Dissidia Duodecim Announced DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar

I just barely saw the trailer last night, and I was floored when I saw Laguna and Yuna both in the game! (By the way, first time back in a while! ^_^) Laguna, Yuna, Tifa, and Lightning are all gonna see a lot of use from me.

Also, I've seen a lot of the alternate costumes. Where the hell did they get the ideas for some of 'em? Terra's new one looks different, but it just isn't her. And what's the deal with Squall's? Did they just take his jacket off of him? I like how they included Laguna's Galbadian Army uniform, though, but I'd be more likely to use his normal garb.
    I stare out towards the silvery moon
    Basking in its light
    My heart providing me a suitable tune
    To play for this wondrous sight
    I play for my Goddess of Love
    Who resides so far away
    She knows that what I dream of
    Is when she'll be with me to stay...

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Siliconera posted an update. This confirms that Yuna is indeed playable in the game. So what's her fighting style, you may ask? Well, apparently, she can control two Aeons at the same time. Her Ex-Burst also sounds ridiculously powerful, since all the Aeons at her command are called upon to unleash their might to whomever she's fighting against.

Source: Yuna Dual Wields Summon Monsters In Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy // Siliconera

No video as of yet, but I'm sure that will be unveiled in the near future.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Her Burst should be having Yojimbo decapitating people with Zanmato lol.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

The Lone Dagger Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xithor's Avatar

Yuna dual-wielding aeons, wow that sounds so powerful. Now that I finally got my hands on a PSP and Dissidia I'm really excited to see and be able to play with all these new characters. I might be a little behind but is there a trailer for Duodecim?

EDIT: Asked and answered, here it is if anyone want to see it, its in Japanese but there are subtitles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFv3VwC_Qj8
    Last edited by Xithor; 01-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

o.o
    Now I just want a few extra villians, ahem Vayne? GIlgamesh?

Bahamut andanima super awesome final attack!
    Yotta flare!

I don't know whether this has been mentioned or anything, but I was reading that Kuja and Jecht appear to be on the Cosmos side, which is apparently indicated from the box art. Which would mean IX and X are left without characters on the Chaos side. So what will happen here? Will they have villains from these games?

I'm hoping they do and add in Seymour and either Necron or Zorn and Thorn. But it's not official that Kuja and Jecht are Cosmos because I read it on the FF wikia page.

Jecht I definitely expect to be on the Cosmos side, since even Mateus told him last time around he was one of the good guys. Kuja I don't think was ever a good guy, but I could see Seph on the Cosmos side, since he was also a hero before he turned villain. If Kuja was on Cosmos, I'd expect Garland as his replacement on the Chaos side, but I doubt they'd have 2 Garlands in the same game lol.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

SPOILER!!:
    Actually, the Jump Festa trailer reveals the scene where the Emperor brings Jecht before Chaos, asking him to "pour his power into him." It basically means before the end of the game, Jecht will switch sides.

I think the real mystery here is why Tidus is not on Cosmos' side this time. He wasn't in the opening CG, except when he headbutted Jecht, and so far,, had been completely under the radar.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Tidus is on Cosmos' side I thought, and I also heard that both Jecht and Kuja were on the Cosmos' side as well. What led me to think that along with the box art was the trailer where Kuja is seen with Zidane, Squall, and Bartz, and another scene where Cloud tells him to treasure his memories. Kuja is actually one of my favorite villians so if he is on the Cosmos side that's pretty cool.

They also said that there wouldn't necessarily be an even number of warriors on both sides, and if Kuja is on Cosmos that would mean there is no one for FF IX, FFX, FFXI, and FFXIII. So if I had to pick villians for the remaining spots I'd prob have to go with:

FF IX - Garland
    FF X - Seymour
    FF XI - idk never played
    FF XIII - Barthandelus or maybe Cid Raines would be good too

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Well, according to the FF wikia, every character from the first game are on the same sides apart from Kuja and Jecht. But even though they did say that there would not necessarily be equal sides, I'd have thought that games as popular as IX and X would have a villain representing them. I can see Seymour coming in at some point to be honest, but I'm not sure about IX.

I think Zorn and Thorn would add in a different dynamic to the game, but I can't see them in the game because they were just henchmen really. And I can't really see Garland in the game because we already have Garland from FFI. Which leaves Necron, but I'm not sure how they would represent him in game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    Well, according to the FF wikia, every character from the first game are on the same sides apart from Kuja and Jecht. But even though they did say that there would not necessarily be equal sides, I'd have thought that games as popular as IX and X would have a villain representing them. I can see Seymour coming in at some point to be honest, but I'm not sure about IX.

I think Zorn and Thorn would add in a different dynamic to the game, but I can't see them in the game because they were just henchmen really. And I can't really see Garland in the game because we already have Garland from FFI. Which leaves Necron, but I'm not sure how they would represent him in game.
    I completely forgot about Garland from FFI and I just played the story mode of Warrior of Light lol I'd have to agree with you ZantetsukeN, Zorn and Thorn would be innovative, like the new Yuna double summoning, but they were very a minute part of the "evil" in FF IX even though I could see their EX Burst involving Meltigemeni (sp?) which would only leave Necron but in all reality Necron wasn't a villian persay. He appeared at the end of the game in order to fulfill his role of returning the everything to nothing, and idk how they'd portray him in the game either.

EDIT: Btw there was a huge hint to the upcoming characters in Dissidia I just now beat the Warrior of Light's story mode and

SPOILER!!:
    Gabranth and Shantotto are seen and Cosmos said it was just a dream, I was like crazy!! Haha but just wanted to add that.
    Last edited by Xithor; 01-14-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Blog Entries

Here's a new trailer!

Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Promo HQ PDP 2011

Some things I noticed:

-Aerith as an assist character
    -Tidus on Chaos's side (I paused it at the right time)
    -Prishe from FFXI
    -A scene with Bartz and a voice coming from a rift. Most people say it's Gilgamesh, and what he says can be translated to "It's been a long time, Bartz." Or something like that.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Leon; 01-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.

~St. Augustine

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Sweet trailer. There was some nice character exhibitions as well. Seeing Yuna fight was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    -Aerith as an assist character

She's only going to be available to those that buy the demo
    , just so you all know.

-A scene with Bartz and a voice coming from a rift. Most people say it's Gilgamesh, and what he says can be translated to "It's been a long time, Bartz." Or something like that.
    Lots of sources say that it is indeed Gilgamesh, and since Nomura said he did want him in the original game, I'm not too surprised to see him pop up in this one, but it's still a welcome addition!
    Last edited by Dodie16; 01-18-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I also noticed Cosmos listed in the same way as Chaos, could this mean we finally get to see her kick some ass instead of just standing around giving cheezy motivational speeches?!

If anything I'm guessing she'll be the boss at the end just like Chaos was. I mean you do get to play a lot of Chaos characters in the story mode....
    EBG

I really hope that whole Prologus thing becomes a free-bee for everyone outside Japan =) I'm not gonna pay to play a demo.

Still can't wait for it!
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

GILGAMESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    GIMME!!... Oh and, screw Prishe

Lol, I wasn't entirely sure who Prishe was. But now I know.

I've been scoping the Final Fantasy Wiki page, and upon reading the soundtrack confirmed so far, the final boss theme from Final Fantasy IX will be on it! It's my favourite theme from any of the FFs.

I'm loving all the alternate costumes for everyone. Looking foward to playing as Gilgamesh. I seriously cannot wait for this to come out!

Memento Rhapso Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't been this happy since Sonic started making BLTs.
    Anyone know a U.S. date for demo or game? March for Japan I saw.
    Only complaint.... Please, God, if you're listening, I'll never make fun of Tidus' pant-shorts again if you give him his shirt back.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    I haven't been this happy since Sonic started making BLTs.
    Anyone know a U.S. date for demo or game? March for Japan I saw.
    Only complaint.... Please, God, if you're listening, I'll never make fun of Tidus' pant-shorts again if you give him his shirt back.
    According to the wiki, the game comes out at more or less the same time in all regions. So by the end of March, we should all be able to buy it.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast