Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Certified tech, come at me! Dissidia Duodecim Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

clone characters? ugh... this already doesn't sound good >.> haha.
    Currently Playing:

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Dissidia Duodecim Announced T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    clone characters? ugh... this already doesn't sound good >.> haha.
    Meh...not cloned, really; more like composite construct or something. Recall that, while Firion's EX Mode is a boost to his weapon (Blood Weapons), his EX Burst is something close to Omnislash Version 7; both are composites of two different, general types (EX Mode is something between Cloud/Tidus and OK; EX Burst is similar to Cloud).

Vaan will, thus, have a fighting style sorta like Firion (except that he may unleash different weapons such as hammers and guns, which are absent in FFII) and perhaps his "ever-changing" style will include some magic or work in a way that resembles Licenses. Not sure about his EX Mode (Unlocked License?), but we already know his EX Burst will be exactly like Gabranth's (Mist Knack, unless for some reason they've decided to change it).

But then again, Vaan is just there because they want to shoehorn him as the FFXII representative given that he's...sorta...the main character. Not enough guts to get Balthier, whom would have charmed the game with his presence (plus a scene with Locke AND Balthier...scoundrels ahoy! ...What!? No, of course it's not in a shipping way, it's in a bros before Ho Hos way!).
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Maybe Basch won't be in this one.
    I mean this is the prequel to the first game, so maybe he won't be here.
    I'm still hoping for more female characters.
    Fran would be cool, but to much like a female firion and bartz or stuff lol

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

MORE NEWS!!!!

This time concerning some alternate costume choices.

Well, it looks like Basch won't make it into the game ( ), but his outfit will (kind of)! Gabranth will be able to sport around in an outfit that is based off of Basch's main FF XII outfit. You can see it in the spoiler box below, and you can also get a glimpse of Vaan's "wilder" look.

SPOILER!!:

There's also scans of Terra and Kefka's alt:

SPOILER!!:

Enjoy!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Hold on, this is a prequel?! God damn I'm behind on this

Anyways, I'm liking the fact Vaan is in it. I liked Vaan (amidst a lot of hate towards him) in FFXII and so I am looking foward to playing as him. I'm also liking the Basch outfit for Gabranth. I wish Basch was actually in it though. And also, the outfit for Terra looks cool, but the one for Kefka looks really weird to me.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Dissidia Duodecim Announced T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    There's also scans of Terra and Kefka's alt:

SPOILER!!:

Enjoy!
    Well... I'm...puzzled...

Either Terra raided Celes' locker and took something that looks like her armor, or... I dunno, maybe she's dressing like either Elaine (Cyan's deceased wife) or her own mother, Madeline/Madonna?

Cursory look makes her look like none of them, so it's probably another person; after all, it's rare to see a blue/white palette in-game for females, so she's probably dressed like a commoner?

No idea where Kefka got his other costume, tho. Doesn't look like either Gestahl (which would have been awesome) or Gogo.

Perhaps they'd just made new costumes without regard to stuff already in-game, or they tried very hard but couldn't get it? Also, what's with insisting on blonde hair...? *grumble mumble badumble bah!*
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I was thinking Celes too, but her face looks too much like Tina's.
    Kefkas is different though... I can't either wonder where his costume came from lol
    Probably just wanted to use another costume.
    Maybe it's his first costumes, like... I forgot the word but the first designs that got scrapped?

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

I dunno about Kefka's outfit (heh...those sleeves look like big puff pastries to me ), but Terra's new outfit looks like it came from this:

SPOILER!!:
    Last edited by Dodie16; 11-17-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries

is there any info on what the pic is about by any chance?
    Currently Playing:

Both the Terra and Kefka alternates are Amano art that was made for the original FFVI, but were never used in-game. They can still be found in various art books, though, namely The Sky. In fact, the scan of blue Amano Terra above is mine. Surprised to see how fast it's made its way around the net. I just scanned and uploaded that image to my site a couple days ago.

You may be interested in these two images of blue Terra as well:

www.espritduo.com/images/terra_blue2.jpg
    www.espritduo.com/images/terra_blue3.jpg
    Like the history of FFVI? Check out my prequel! FFVI: The Sands of Time

YAY! I was right ol
    I guess my Int. is 255

So who wants to see the Assist System in action? There's a video that showcases just that! And here it is!

Skip ahead to ~48 seconds to see Lightning call on the Warrior of Light to help take out Garland. Immediately after that, you can see Kain in the vid using an assist as well.

Here's a quote from Siliconera explaining what's going on with the Assist system
    The Assist Gauge is built up in the traditional fighting game style — by attacking and performing different moves. If you stand idly around, however, the gauge starts to deplete.

You’ll notice the Assist Gauge has two levels. Once the first gauge is filled up, you can press the L and O buttons to call your assist character in for an “Assist Brave” move that lowers your enemy’s brave meter. If you fill the second gauge up as well, you can perform an “Assist HP” move using L + □. This move hits the opponent’s HP meter.
    So, that's what the newest info is about. Anyone like what they see?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I think the assist system is an awesome idea, and should add a new dynamic to the fighting system. Imagine the combinations you can use with different characters. I am well looking foward to this game now!

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Combos look awesome, but isn't L the camera shift? Unless EX cores are no more, that might cause target loss.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Memento Rhapso Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Combos look awesome, but isn't L the camera shift? Unless EX cores are no more, that might cause target loss.
    Even so, most attacks have decent range and/or also homing, so it may not be that huge of a deal.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Wouldn't suprise me if they switched to an auto targetting system based on where your camera is facing, assuming they haven't just changed the control scheme entirely.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

O.O!
    THe combos were sick!
    I want a lionheart and omnislash combo!

Actually, upon thinking about it, the controls for targetting probably wouldn't change since assist isn't just L, but L + O or []
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Memento Rhapso Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So you think they'd do away with summons then? Or only leave the auto-summons? Agh, so many questions
    Also, they've used auto aim camera before, in Crisis Core, and I thought it worked pretty, and it was also a third person fighter.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

It would be awesome if certain sukmmons are assistable... if thats a word.

But I'm really thinking of when it eventually ports to Ps3

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

Laguna has been confirmed apparently :3
    Some people say Poland is like the Mexico of Europe...I don't know what that means, but I like it!! - Chris :')

I want to play a game. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Zargabaath's Avatar

To further expand on the Laguna inclusion with a scan there is also word [and scan] of a world map being implemented in the game.

Laguno Loire and World map scan

I would like to know what type of combos Laguna is going to have. He could re-position his machine gun for angle/direction. He'll probably have a little magic as well to give him some variety from his gun. There is also a pic of his Ex-Burst where he is riding a mechanical device; I see a machine gun, a rocket launcher, and maybe what he is riding is a beam cannon.

Here is a close up for the world map part: Close-up of world map

From the scan we see that we'll be able to some sort of team. I presume that the world map Lightning is traversing is of Final Fantasy, since the world map on the left is of the aforementioned game. I wonder if there will be more worlds from other FF games or will there only be the world map for FF.

Edit: in regards to the links not working apparently if they are left-clicked they won't work, but I was able to right-click and "open with new tab" using Chrome.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 12-08-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries

Laguna should be fun to play as. The links didn't work btw zarg. He fights with guns right? its been awhile since i've played VIII.
    Currently Playing:

La... La.... LAGUNA?!?!?!

O_o

Wow... I was NOT expecting that. Wonder how he'll interact with Squall. I actually was hoping for Siefer, but whatevs. Guess the game makers really did want variation amongst the fighters, and yeah, I guess he's a popular enough character as well.

Here's a link for those who couldn't get the ones that Zargs posted to work: Laguna Loire Joins Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy With Guns Blazing // Siliconera

I'm diggin' the idea of the world map though. :3
    Last edited by Dodie16; 12-08-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Yeah I would have NEVER expected Laguna. Cool beans about the 3D world map too. Awesome!

I too was expecting Seifer, or Rinoa maybe. But, Laguna's cool too.

I really want to know how the map is going to be incorporated. I mean this looks like FF1's map but, how would ultimecias and others stages be implemented in this...>.>

Laguna, I see a cheat character like Ultimecia... All I have to do is stay at a distance ad shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot... shoot shoot shoot...
    AWESOME!!!

Blog Entries

I took a look at the main site and read the storyline plot they had for it, its seems like its going to be the SAME thing as last time. This game does not need a storyline, it is nothing but a fighting game and fighting games normally have crap storytelling as far as i know >.>
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    I really want to know how the map is going to be incorporated. I mean this looks like FF1's map but, how would ultimecias and others stages be implemented in this...>.>
    My guess is that they will implement all world maps (I really hope so anyway). One for each final fantasy game represented. They probably won't be full scale version though, as each world map had tons of locations. Probably only narrowing it down to the most critical places such as Midgar, Cornelia, Palmecia, or Zanarkand.

I took a look at the main site and read the storyline plot they had for it, its seems like its going to be the SAME thing as last time. This game does not need a storyline, it is nothing but a fighting game and fighting games normally have crap storytelling as far as i know >.>
    Ya, I agree. Although the mass fighting sequence during the opening of the game is cool, but that doesn't really pertain to story much now does it.

And yay! Laguna! I would've preferred Seifer over Ultimecia, but oh well.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

^(ToT)^
    You can't take Ultimecia away!!!
    Hehehe, you could always just add Seifer anyways haha.
    It seems there are more characters from FF8 that I want than other series. Maybe the character differential is good.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast