Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Paradigm Shift Dissidia Duodecim Announced FFTheBest's Avatar

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

And here's the TGS Trailer...

"Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

That link is no good, but there are some videos on YouTube... for now. Nice to see all the characters are getting new moves.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Well, here's a little more info about how the creators are going about selecting which characters will appear in the upcoming game:

Nomura says, in an Dengeki interview, there won’t be Chaos and Cosmos pairs in Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy. Instead, the development team are looking at the Final Fantasy series as a whole for character selection.

Director Takahashi said selecting characters is a dilemma because the team can’t include everyone. He thinks it’s impossible to avoid complainants so he wants to be clear about how he selected characters. Takahashi chose characters that had an their own feel during battle and were popular Final Fantasy fans.
    Hmmm. Interesting. Looks like they're not worried about balancing out each side.

Most everything else in the source is stuff we already knew, but here's an interesting quote which may answer Zarg's question about how it's going to be released in Japan so soon after being announced:

Development of Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy started in August 2009, before Dissidia Final Fantasy: Universal Tuning was released.
    Source: Chaos? Cosmos? Doesn’t Matter For Dissidia 012[duodecim] Character Selection // Siliconera
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Nomura says, in an Dengeki interview, there won’t be Chaos and Cosmos pairs in Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy. Instead, the development team are looking at the Final Fantasy series as a whole for character selection.

Director Takahashi said selecting characters is a dilemma because the team can’t include everyone. He thinks it’s impossible to avoid complainants so he wants to be clear about how he selected characters. Takahashi chose characters that had an their own feel during battle and were popular Final Fantasy fans.
    Long story short: Quina gonna eat the shit outta people.

I swear to god I will be so psyched if that actually happens.
    Last edited by Polk; 09-27-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY coming to North America, name intact | Joystiq

Just came across this. Maybe its true, maybe not. I didn't have enough time to review the finer details. Looks like we're not only getting the game, but also we're keeping the wierdo name. I have to agree with the article. How can we approach to register asking for such a confusing title?

EDIT: Last thing I can do tonight. Obviously skeptical picture of "characters to be in duodecim." Take the article's advice and a grain of salt. Still, we can look on and dream of what could have been/will one day be, right?

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/leaked-i...haracters.html
    Last edited by Ralz; 09-30-2010 at 02:17 AM.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    EDIT: Last thing I can do tonight. Obviously skeptical picture of "characters to be in duodecim." Take the article's advice and a grain of salt. Still, we can look on and dream of what could have been/will one day be, right?

Leaked image reveals Dissidia Duodecim characters?
    ZantetsukeN already linked that pic earlier in the thread.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

I don't see how the title is confusing. It's fairly straightforward o.O
    I for one am actually glad they were more creative than "Dissidia Final Fantasy 2".

Also, I'm becoming impatient now already. I've started making runs through Inward Chaos just to practice up so I can go a rampage when it finally comes out. Gonna piss me off if I find out they nerfed my characters like they do in every other fighting game sequel <.<
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    ZantetsukeN already linked that pic earlier in the thread.
    Whoops. Guess it WAS pretty late last night. Er... two nights ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel
    Gonna piss me off if I find out they nerfed my characters like they do in every other fighting game sequel <.<
    At least we get some new moves. Although I can see why they would reduce their power. You could dominate every match with Zidane or Exdeath if you mastered them. Onion Brat and his clever evilness.
    Last edited by Ralz; 09-30-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Dissidia Duodecim Announced T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Gonna piss me off if I find out they nerfed my characters like they do in every other fighting game sequel <.<
    At least we get some new moves. Although I can see why they would reduce their power. You could dominate every match with Zidane or Exdeath if you mastered them. Onion Brat and his clever evilness.
    Um...that's more than expected. Both of them. Otherwise, it would be unfair. On both sides.

Erm...lemme explain. Fighting games are one of the first in establishing the concept of "tiers", in which one character has skills and abilities that in the hands of a skilled user will usually dominate over the skills and abilities of another character played by (theoretically) an equally skilled user. Usually, those on the bottom tier have few worthwhile abilities and a very skilled person can dominate a lesser skilled person using a character of a higher tier, but it requires more training. As you increase tiers, the ways to attack, counteract, lock, juggle and combo enabling become much more effective, even if they're actually difficult to use (hence, why a skilled user, since otherwise the character won't go to its full potential). This isn't intentional on a fighting game, but it is something that competitive gamers will eventually figure out and post, given that having enough time, someone else will figure it out and perhaps claim mastery only because it uses a top-tier character. This is easier to determine on games that show off a new system, as the mechanics are not entirely defined. It may not be intentional on the part of the developers, but every system will eventually be dissected into its "useful" parts and its "useless" parts, with everything in between, even on MMOs: you have various skills, abilities, talents or enhancements, but most people instinctively will get the combinations that will result in the best character for a specific build, be it DPS or tanking or buffing or crowd control (the four usual roles). Thus, in the name of "balance", when a developer gets feedback from players who spend days and weeks and months playing the game with a specific character (specifically on tiering and videos showing up the impressive combos), they start changing the characters; i.e., nerfing or buffing.

Nerfing is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you may get a balancing of tiers, in which people like Zidane and Exdeath are probably made easier to use but their key abilities are not so powerful or cheesy as before. Harder characters are made easier to play, powerful characters are beaten with the nerfstick and weaker characters are made a bit stronger by buffing their moves or adding new ones that complement their fighting style. However, that's a blind shot: perhaps what the devs thought as fun and buffing on a character ends up as the new insta-win trick by the competitive gamers, raising a character several tiers. On the other hand, the devs may not get what is wrong with the top tier character, remove or change a very specific move, and make the character useless because it was a one-trick pony. Finally, perhaps the gamers play the character the way it wasn't intended, and the devs change the moves so that the character is played as intended; this can serve as a buff or as a nerf, but it eventually ends...

...in Heartless' reply. People get so used with characters that they suffer when their favored playstyle gets nerfed or removed. This may also happen with other people, who believe that only THEIR characters get nerfed or attacked. Intrinsically, this will happen to those who gravitate towards the characters who are the easiest to play while delivering the greatest results, given that those are usually the top-tier characters. See it not as unfair nerfing, but as an attempt towards fair nerfing; I doubt that all of your characters are nerfed to the extent that they become unplayable, but instead they require some retuning to get the new moves and combos. In fact, what people may see as a nerf may become a stealth buff, as it unlocks an entirely new playstyle which may be worse than before. So yeah, expect your character to be seen, analyzed, and possibly "nerfed"; however, you may not be realizing that perhaps the devs ignored something that people will eventually find as stronger as their original intent. Stuff like that happens, especially on characters which are traditionally bottom tier but that for some weird and odd reason get a single ability that makes them top-tier.

As for Ralz: perhaps it may be your conception, consider that carefully. Perhaps you believe Exdeath and Zidane have unfair moves (I can't say that for sure, not a fan of fighting games) but perhaps they won't be touched as they may actually be on the middle tiers, perhaps top-middle tier, which are usually between the characters that won't be either severely nerfed by the nerfstick or buffed (by the buffstaff?). But yeah, perhaps they'll get one or two moves that merely "refresh" (as in, they add a new ability but the net result ends up in zero change) the character, maybe attracting those who may have shunned their character because X move or Y trait became absent. So yeah, it's expected that they'll get new moves, and it will be unfair if they remain largely untouched, but that doesn't mean that the devs will actually work those that may cause you problems, if only because perhaps the difference in skill applies. That can make a world of difference.

...Preachy, I know, but it's a good way to see it.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

I don't run the low tier move spam crap, I usually run God tier or close to it. Which of course means every sequel removes half of what elevated an otherwise balanced character to said tier, leaving me to either play as a crappy mid tier character, or find a new one that's been boosted to God, in short, my character gets nerfed so I have to learn a new one. I understand WHY they do it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it <.<
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Certified tech, come at me! Dissidia Duodecim Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dunno why, but my interest in this sequel is fading away. I think I'll pass on this title. I feel this game will just be all of the same as the first one, nothing entirely new and same fighting style which is ok but when fighting games span out sequels the formula dies out.

In conclusion, this ones a no go for my preference.
    Currently Playing:

They just need to put Gilgamesh in it as well as Blank and the game will be good.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Paradigm Shift Dissidia Duodecim Announced FFTheBest's Avatar

Just a montage of 100 screenshots released on Dissidia 012 Duodecim: Final Fantasy.

Apparently, there's going to be from 4-10 newly added characters. We've already got 3 confirmed, Lightning, Kain and Tifa. I wonder who else?
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

The only things I would like to see are... more characters and better limits...
    Like I said another post, squalls limit sux... Screw clouds overpowered omnislash compared to squalls lionheart inwhich in the game, almost does 9999 all the time... Characters I want to see are...

FF1- I don't really think they can, unless they name the white mage...o.o
    FF2- Minwu would be cool
    FF3- Refia maybe?
    FF4- Kain(confirmed so),and maybe fusuya
    FF5- Galuf or Faris
    FF6- Celes or sabin, but I think lockes in it
    FF7- Vincent...
    FF8- Laguna or Seifer
    FF9- I don't care...
    FF10- Auron!!!!!
    FF11- maybe dark lord?
    FF12- Vaan and Vayne.
    FF13 Lightning and... cid?

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Just watched the trailer over on the Squeenix website, and I am so looking foward to this now! Obviously, Tifa, Lightning and Kain are confirmed, and all the old characters are back.
    I was having a good long think about who else I would like to be in it be in it, and I have come up with this. I am thinking they pick one more from each.
    FFI: Black Mage (just call him 'Black Mage')
    FFII: Minwu
    FFIII: Refia, but do what they did with Luneth and name her after a job (not sure what though)
    FFIV: Kain (already confirmed)
    FFV: Galuf
    FFVI: Locke
    FFVII: Tifa (already confirmed)
    FFVIII: Seifer
    FFIX: Freya (please, please make this happen)
    FFX: Seymour
    FFXI: (don't know, don't play it)
    FXII: Basch
    FXIII: Lightning (already confirmed)

Pretty sure that the developers stated that not all the FF games are going to have a new playable character. Also, there's strong rumors that Vaan will be in the game as a representative for XII, though I still have hopes for Basch...and also Auron. He seems like he's a fan favorite, so there's quite a good chance that he'll make it in, though I'm still thinking that Yuna could just as easily take that spot.

Eh... I suppose it's all just speculation until there's official word.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Yea, I think Vayne should take gabranth spot...

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Not gonna happen though Odin, all original characters set to return. Which is good, Gabranth is fun to play. Vayne was pretty lame IMO, but then that's the way I felt about most of XII's cast. Outside o being fun to play in Dissidia, I don't much care for Gabranth etiher, though he had his badass moments. Basch would be a better choice for character interaction there, but who knows where they're going to take this game.

Yea, that's not fair...o.o

I hate almost everything about FF12's characters but I was thinking that vaynes undying form would be awesome

Also it would be cool if some people have 2 ex-mode forms...

I really am just thinking about a PS3 release instead I gues...>.>

Screw the PSP, I broke mine... now I have to get another for this game...

Well, I'm not really bothered who else is in it, as long as Freya is

I would like to see Vayne in the game, because he is a great villain. However, if they do put Vayne in, that will be 2 FFXII villains. Basch would make more sense than Vaan, because his obvious ties with Gabranth.

My list was more of a fantasy list. To be honest, I can't see the early FFs being represented by a third character (I, II and III that is, unless I am missing something and they already plan to), but I think one new character from each would be a good way to go. It's more of a logical format.

Either way I am well excited about this game.

Freya, as much as I'd have to say she was the cooles tparty member in IX, I can't see them putting in, just because tehy already gave us Kain as a Dragoon. They may make it work, but it just seems like they wouldn't put two new characters who sound like they'd play so similarly in. Sadly, I could see Quina appearing.

They said they werent so much conerned with keeping both sides equally represented in Duodecim, at least that's what I've heard.

I'd expect early games to get more Chaos representation than Cosmos, since the protagonists usually weren't very deep until around IV.

Memento Rhapso Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok got some news ad photos from Squeenix on Facebook
    Tifa is in Duodecim
    New battle system
    Three way battles as well

I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. Games may get more people due to popularity (Cloud is back as well, plus Sephiroth) which seems a bit unfair. But graphics look beautiful, and the new system of 3ways(LOL) and whatever those Orange Bars are, and "Chance" (I'll post pictures if needed) seem like they could be fun additions to the already good system.
    Last edited by Rhaps; 10-28-2010 at 02:05 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Thoses aren't 3-way battles...>.>
    They are help thingies, like assistance...
    *laughs at your impudence*
    JK

But really, there are no 3 ways

Memento Rhapso Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see. Orange arrow fills up, you may call a CPU to stand in and fight for you, like a hyper-advanced Summon System, which is also still there, which could lead to some major game changers

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Freya, as much as I'd have to say she was the cooles tparty member in IX, I can't see them putting in, just because tehy already gave us Kain as a Dragoon. They may make it work, but it just seems like they wouldn't put two new characters who sound like they'd play so similarly in. Sadly, I could see Quina appearing.

They said they werent so much conerned with keeping both sides equally represented in Duodecim, at least that's what I've heard.

I'd expect early games to get more Chaos representation than Cosmos, since the protagonists usually weren't very deep until around IV.
    I can dream can't I?
    Realistically, I can't see her being in it. Which is a shame, because I would rather have her in than Kain. Freya would probably play almost exactly like Kain.
    Personally, apart from Freya, I'd like to see Vivi in the game. It would be nice to see more characters that attack purely with magic, which would probably be the way they would go with him.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Dissidia Duodecim Announced T.G. Oskar's Avatar

I'd say that they should add Leon(hart) to the game. It plays a very similar theme and an unusual shuffle between Cecil, Kain and him. For example: both Kain and him were partly villains, the former via manipulation and the latter via brainwashing; meanwhile, both Cecil and Leon were Dark Knights, but Leon would be a purer Dark Knight and would allow Cecil's playstyle to be a bit more on the Paladin side. Now, how would Leon fit in the EX System, that would be a bit of a gamble but I'm sure that in his battles or somewhere aside there must be a way to grant him EX Powers (maybe when he declares himself Emperor, that could become his EX Mode?)

SPOILER!!:
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm probably wrong on this one), but didn't Leon kill Ricard, or had a hand in that matter? That would place Leon and Kain as nemesis of each other, one torn between saving a Dark Knight and having revenge for the death of his father (though obviously that wouldn't be the case), while the other would perhaps be pushed to finish his job (or maybe act like a Golbez to Kain, protecting the son of someone who was much like the man he killed/saw die?)
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Spoiler?

Nope, Leon didn't kill Ricard. Ricard gave himself up in the castle where you first beat Palemecia, not pandemonium

And yes, I was thinking the same. Same with seifer, though i'm almost sure Seifer is in it hahaha.

Well, it's official now. Vaan is the latest character to join the playable cast in the new Dissidia game.

Confirming rumor after rumor, Shonen Jump announced Vaan from Final Fantasy XII is 100% in Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy.

Vaan enters the fray with a diverse set of weapons and an ever-changing fighting style. His uses a Mist Knack as an EX Burst, but Jump doesn’t say which one.
    Source: Vaan Mist Knacks His Way Into Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy // Siliconera

Aaaaand here's a link to the full scan, since Silconera looks like it is only showing half: http://nsm04.casimages.com/img/2010/...7857088896.jpg

EDIT:: There's now a full scan showing what one of Vaan's alternate costumes is going to look like, spoiler tagged for size:

SPOILER!!:
    Last edited by Dodie16; 11-15-2010 at 03:35 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Do the elements trust you? Dissidia Duodecim Announced bahamuts heir's Avatar

So dodie vaan is just a firion redo?
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Now that I think about it, yeah, it sounds like he is.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast