Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Well... Now it looks like the whole cast that was playable in the first game is set to be playable in the sequel! And if you can read Japanese at all, here's a pic of how the game will play. It's also interesting to note that there will be an "assist system" that lets you call on other characters to aid you in battle.

Here's a quote from the FF WIKI:

Dissidia Duodecim's gameplay is very similar to the original's, featuring all of the original gameplay, such as characters and arenas. However, the new Assist system allows players to call an ally for a Brave or HP attack on the enemy, allowing four characters on the battlefield. These "Assists" can break enemy combos.

The in-game interface is similar to the original, while adding a new gauge below the HP meter which is used for the Assist System. The command mode returns as well. Dissidia Final Fantasy Save Data can also be transferred into Dissidia Duodecim.
    Cool stuff all around!
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-15-2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Data transfer will be nice. Means I won't have to re-farm for all my ultimates and all my armor. The Lufenian gear was kind of a pain to get, I'd rather not do it over.

One thing I really hope they do in Duo, is let me save a battle replay of Chaos, I really want to put a recording of a perfect victory on Chaos on youtube, but Dissidia won't let me =(
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Yeah I wouldn't put too much faith in that faked image. It's really convincing, but some of those character choices are ridiculous. I mean Quina? Really?

Anyway Final Fantasy Network seems to have translated parts of the official site
    Final Fantasy Network

They also have several details and scans from the latest Famitsu

Final Fantasy Network

Kain definitely sounds like my kind of character.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I want to play a game. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Zargabaath's Avatar

I think the most popular theory behind the meaning of "Duodecim" is that it is the 12th war; Dissidia was the 13th. If so, it would mean that Chaos' side would win and the proper way to do that is if the Villians have a story mode. I would've liked that in the original Dissidia and am hoping for it in Duodecim. If it is the 12th war they could still give the Heroes a story mode as a "what if" scenario.

I do like that there will be more than 4 new characters - hopefully not 5. I would like some good alternate costumes, maybe a slight re-design? More maps so there is more options.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

#LOCKE4GOD Dissidia Duodecim Announced Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It looks a little too similar to the first.

Like they are just adding new characters (and even then, it looks as though most won'tt even be new), and a few tweaks to make it seem fresh, and extract another NZ$100 out of me.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    It's really convincing, but some of those character choices are ridiculous. I mean Quina? Really?
    I'm probably the only one who would love to see Quina in Duodecim, seriously, Duodecim needs a great Blue Mage. It would be interesting to see Square's choice of voice for Quina as it doesn't have a gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It looks a little too similar to the first.

Like they are just adding new characters (and even then, it looks as though most won'tt even be new), and a few tweaks to make it seem fresh, and extract another NZ$100 out of me.
    The same thing every fighting game does, few new characters, more content, and there you have it, a sequel. Which isn't a bad thing, why change a wining formula, in my opinion Duodecim shouldn't stray from the path that first Dissida has set.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Certified tech, come at me! Dissidia Duodecim Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When square starts putting more characters on there, i hope that the following won't be on that roster: Selphie, Rikku, Vanille, Fran, and Panelo

I wonder what other stages will be featured on this one?

EDIT: I don't really have anything against Fang, I didn't find her annoying so i'm replacing her with Rikku.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 09-15-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Currently Playing:

A couple screenshots showing Alternate Costumes (note you MIGHT have to copy and paste the link for it to load properly or simply press enter after you reach the forbidden page. Famitsu has a weird anti-hotlinking system)
    ƒ‰ƒCƒgƒjƒ“ƒO‚ªƒAƒ„‚̃RƒXƒ`ƒ…[ƒ€!?yTGS2010z - ƒtƒ@ƒ~’Ê.com

Also a video showing Kain's (AWESOME) EX Move
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy Universal Tuning Video Game, TGS 10: Demo Gameplay (Cam) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Oh, I get it. Because Aya has the Lightning costume as an alternative costume in 3rd Birthday, Lightning gets an Aya costume. I will say that I dig that look a LOT more than her outfit in FF XIII. Looks like I'll be playing Alt. Lightning a lot (if I ever play her that is...).

And wow... Kain wiped the floor with his opponent! Nice vid on that.

EDIT:: Okay, so apparently you'll have to DOWNLOAD the alternate outfit if you want to have it. I'm sure that's not a problem for many, but for me since I'm a technotard and don't know why my PSP and PS3 (and Wii for that matter) won't hook up to teh internet, it's...kind of a problem.

You also have to buy 3rd Birthday if you want the code that unlocks it...

Why not just include it in the game? Okay, I can see it as a way to boost sales, but...still.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-16-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Certified tech, come at me! Dissidia Duodecim Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    A couple screenshots showing Alternate Costumes (note you MIGHT have to copy and paste the link for it to load properly or simply press enter after you reach the forbidden page. Famitsu has a weird anti-hotlinking system)
    ƒ‰ƒCƒgƒjƒ“ƒO‚ªƒAƒ„‚̃RƒXƒ`ƒ…[ƒ€!?yTGS2010z - ƒtƒ@ƒ~’Ê.com

Also a video showing Kain's (AWESOME) EX Move
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy Universal Tuning Video Game, TGS 10: Demo Gameplay (Cam) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
    O.O dang! Kain has some awesome fighting moves, he definitely makes a great addition to the game. That gives me high hopes for the other FF characters from I-VI if any other get added into the game. The EX was pretty good too.
    Currently Playing:

Not much has been revealed at TGS for this game but I have two sources that Tifa will be in the game

RPGamer - News Bulletin - TGS 2010 - Square Enix News Bites

TGS 2010: Dissidia 012 Duodecim: Final Fantasy Hands-On - Preview

The gamespot link is a hands-on - very quick hands-on - for the game as Lightning. They mention that they see Sephiroth and Tifa having a conversation; this does not necessarily mean she is playable but almost all characters shown in story mode were playable. The rpgamer link does say that she was confirmed as a playable character, so who can't wait to punch someone in the face with "Final Heaven"?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Just form that vid of Kain, I'll probably be using him alot. He's got some nice moves.

Paradigm Shift Dissidia Duodecim Announced FFTheBest's Avatar

Very excited about Dissidia Duodecim!

Does anyone know when the TGS Demo will be released to the public (e.g. on PS Store and stuff like that)? It's releasing in Japan in Spring 2011 and that's not far away.
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

Quote Originally Posted by FFTheBest View Post
    Very excited about Dissidia Duodecim!

Does anyone know when the TGS Demo will be released to the public (e.g. on PS Store and stuff like that)? It's releasing in Japan in Spring 2011 and that's not far away.

Who knows, if ever. Maybe somebody will sneaks it to the internet; of course SE could instead show their stuff to the public instead of staying in the closet all the time. As for that Spring 2011 release date, where did you hear/see that? What I have read just states that it will be out sometime next year, to which I conjectured that with a playable demo available at TGS 2010, it will be released either Q1 or Q2 of next year. Where is your source for this release date?

Paradigm Shift Dissidia Duodecim Announced FFTheBest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Who knows, if ever. Maybe somebody will sneaks it to the internet; of course SE could instead show their stuff to the public instead of staying in the closet all the time. As for that Spring 2011 release date, where did you hear/see that? What I have read just states that it will be out sometime next year, to which I conjectured that with a playable demo available at TGS 2010, it will be released either Q1 or Q2 of next year. Where is your source for this release date?
    Well, I am suspicious about the release being Spring 2011 which is quite near. But here are more sources: Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy Hits Japan In Spring 2011 - Giant Bomb

And there are list of them: Google
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

Well... It looks like another character has been revealed as being a playable character. So who is it?

Vayne from Final Fantasy XII.

The only real confirmation right now is via Elijah Alexander's Twitter, who was the voice actor for the character in FF XII, and who apparently is on board to do it again in the Dissidia sequel (or is this a prequel?). ::Source is gone...::. I'm sure we'll see some more official info about it in the near future, but this is just a heads up.

So, with Tifa and Vayne added to the cast, it looks like Dissidia is finally getting some hand-to-hand fighters in the game.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-20-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Took out the link
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

Vayne? This means he'll represent XII as a villain, I hoped to see Gabranth but Vayne ain't bad either, I certainly like him as a character, and his reasons for starting the war.

I guess Ashe will be hero then, I don't see anyone else more suitable for that role, though I think Basch and Gabranth would have been an ideal choice, but that's just me.

Originally Posted by Xanatos
    Vayne? This means he'll represent XII as a villain, I hoped to see Gabranth but Vayne ain't bad either, I certainly like him as a character, and his reasons for starting the war.
    Gabranth will return in Duodecim. It was stated that all the characters in the first game will return in the new one.

And shit... My source isn't there anymore... I guess we'll have to wait until something official comes out to see if Vayne really is in or not. Not sure if that was a false alarm or not, but apologies ahead of time if it was...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Gabranth will return in Duodecim. It was stated that all the characters in the first game will return in the new one.
    I knew the main cast was set to return in Duodecim, but since Gabranth was an extra character and didn't have any impact on the story whatsoever I wasn't sure if they will include him also. And now with Vayne in game I thought Gabranth was lost for sure.

Still, shame though Gabranth will not represent XII as a villain but I'm glad he'll be there, this sure made my day. Now I can only hope to see Basch, Quina Vincent and Locke, and this game will be more than perfect.

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    ...But God, at least let Jihl, the poor villain with so little attention, be the FFXIII villain...
    Jihl needs to return.
    SPOILER!!:
    Building her up and killing her off without a boss fight just isn't right.

As for this game, I pretty much found out last night while looking up BBS info. While still unpronouncable for me, I'm more than excited. I saw the supposed demo on YouTube, and Kain looks like he'll be a powerful contender. I hope they tweak the other characters and give them new moves, rather than rehasing the stuff from the old game.

I'm wondering about the partner system, though. You press a button and suddenly another character appears out of nowhere and attacks the opponent? How can they prepare?

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

I'm guessing and hoping it won't be aninstantaneous thing. Like, spawn the character, then have them attack just like normal rather than just dropping them in mid attack. But then, alot of fighting game seuqels like to add in new systems to benefit players who sucked ass in the previous titles. Final Smash amirite?

ZOMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the new game is going to have storylines for both the heroes and the villains!!!!

Next year, you’ll be able to play Dissidia 012[Duodecim]: Final Fantasy in English. Square Enix announced the game for North America and Europe plus explained what the 012 in the title means.

Duodecim, 12 in Latin, refers to the 12th battle between Chaos and Cosmos. Good and evil characters from the Final Fantasy series will come together for yet another war. Square Enix created two storylines for the PSP follow up. There are Cosmos and Chaos storylines to go through.
    Source: Dissidia 012[Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Going International, Has Chaos Storylines // Siliconera
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Looks like the new game is going to have storylines for both the heroes and the villains!!!!

Source: Dissidia 012[Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Going International, Has Chaos Storylines // Siliconera
    Sweet! The Villains needed a story mode in Dissidia. It looks like those who said guessed what the title meant were right: the 12th battle between Chaos and Cosmos; the war/battle that took place before Dissidia; meaning the villains win. More awesome comes in that we will be able to play it as it is coming out next year for U.S., Europe, other Other.

Hold on though. This has me thinking. Who did Dissidia? I know Nomura. But I wonder if any of the staff from, let's say, Versus XIII and/or Agito XIII developed this. Cause how can a game that just got announced be coming out next year - this is too soon for SE.

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced Selcopa's Avatar

Im really looking forward to this one, Kain is my favorite character of all FF's, is he going to a villian or a hero? he is in the same camp as goblez was

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced Kuja's Avatar

I can't wait for this new Dissidia to come out. I really enjoy this game(despite all the problems I've had with it... XD), and having a sequel to it coming out... That's just epic...

I do have a feeling, from what I saw of Kain's character, that I'll be playing as him alot. I've always liked Kain. And his moves just seem really cool, and that there's a different variety of them.

Omg! I was mad that there wasn't a storyline for the Chaos side... I was really expecting there to be one, in the original game... And just reading that makes me so happy to know that there's a storyline for them now. Hehehe, knowing me, I just might be playing Kuja's story over and over again... XDD

But yesh... I cannot wait until this game comes out.
    "Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past...
    Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
    And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue."

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced Selcopa's Avatar

I guess the one thing I would hope for that we probably won't get, is multi way battles, 2v2, 2v1, 3v1

final fantasy has always been 3-5 heroes all fighting 1 enemy, it would be cool to have that in Duodecim, or if this is a villians victory game, have a few battles involving 1 on 3 or something like that.

I would love that too, and hope they do it, ifg not in Duodecim, than in another entry to the series. There needs to be MOAR! I'd love to have a 4 man freeforall brawl with Dissidia's system. I'd probably just be a douche though and spam Black Materia to make people dodge giant meteors while trying to fight each other.

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
    I guess the one thing I would hope for that we probably won't get, is multi way battles, 2v2, 2v1, 3v1
    That would get quite hectic in the heat of battle. Although, it would probably be a lot more fun than just basic one on one. I can see tag team fights, and free for alls. Although, if I had to face against 3 opponents who all wanted me gone, I might not last too long.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Sir Prize Dissidia Duodecim Announced Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bout time. This was the major missing factor from the original game, dammit. The way they billed it with the cover art of equal sides, I assumed there would be two sides of the story. How pissed was I when I found that there was no such story mode?

This, unfortunately, is going to make me buy the next game. I'm wondering if they didn't do this intentionally. I got to play Sephy's story mode...*sigh* I feel like a heroin addict and that I should be joining some sort of support group and have a freaking sponsor.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast