Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Might be your disc or something, I didn't notice anything unusual about thw audio at that point, but it's possible I just wasn't paying very close attention.

In other news, lv 1 Prishe vs 100 Chaos almost succesful lmfao. Had him about halfway down in phase 3, then he hit Scarlet Rain, I always have issues avoiding that one, got nailed, he broke and killed me just with that piece of crap >.< Outside of hardcore spamming in phase 3, Chaos is so predictable, he just keeps eating brv attacks as soon as he pries himself off the wall from the last one, with a sufficiently fast character, he's seriously a joke. I really hope Feral is a bit less pathetic. But based on some things I've read, like people's 'strategy' consiting of spamming Lord of Arms to beat him, I'm guessing he's an idiot too.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 04-02-2011 at 10:19 PM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

The British Guy. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think i'm being quite fast paced with this game i think i'm up to Squall's Story now which is 3 or 4 from the ending plus i already have Gilgamesh and i have done all the Reports apart from the one with Shannotto(?) So how is Prishe unlocked anyway?
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Dissidia 012 Gilgamesh Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rain McCloud's Avatar

Well, completed Cycle 13. Going thru Chapter 000 now. Anyone figure out how to beat a level 95 Feral Chaos yet? lol. My level 6 Gilgamesh did a bit of constant destruction, but even my high level characters are having issues. He has 50,000 HP. & more moves than the lvl 130. slaughtered old chaos with Warrior of Light. Guessing I need better items.

I believe Prishe was unlocked in a report too... with Gilgamesh.
    Dissidia 012 Duodecim ~ Gilgamesh SSS Vicious lvl. 100

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I belive it's report 8. (Read it on Wiki)

So I just got this game yeseterday and Laguna is a beast and is already my new main. Thankfully, I was able to transfer my Prologus data and all my lvl 100 characters to DD. Still though, I couldn't keep the equipment and that kinda stinks...at least now I won't have to go through the tourment of training Ultemicia to level 100 again. *ugh*

I also like playing as Vann alot! He's a beast and I really want to beef him up quicker, I think I'm going to use all my chocobo colonges on him, I really want his musket techniqe. Thought it was hummorous how the crossbow RULES on this game but in generall they phail(fail with a ph) on FFXII.

Awesome game so far, I'll post next to rave about Gilgamesh when I unlock him, but that'll be awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Rain McCloud View Post
    Well, completed Cycle 13. Going thru Chapter 000 now. Anyone figure out how to beat a level 95 Feral Chaos yet? lol. My level 6 Gilgamesh did a bit of constant destruction, but even my high level characters are having issues. He has 50,000 HP. & more moves than the lvl 130. slaughtered old chaos with Warrior of Light. Guessing I need better items.

I believe Prishe was unlocked in a report too... with Gilgamesh.
    Equipment is big. Skill is sufficient, but the longer you have to spend to rack up damage, and the more you take each time you get hit, the longer you're gonna have to be in a small arena with the bastard, and the bigger role luck is going to play.

Old Chaos actually seems to be easier now, his moves all seem to be easier to interupt now.

And yes, report 8, unlocks both her and Gilgamesh.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Found another forum that posts up Player Cards & Quest Cards. Why not do that here too? I think we should be able to. I'll give it a try once I get my files sorted out.

Update: The thread for Friend & Quest Cards is Up.
    Last edited by Rain McCloud; 04-14-2011 at 08:26 AM.

The British Guy. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dudes i beat Manikin Chaos By Spamming with Onion Knight, Cloud, Squall, Golbez and Terra, so i'm leveling them for actual Chaos he has like 125k Health
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

The fact that he goes down from spamming is dicouraging... I was hoping for an actual challenge =/

Even while spamming you can still get hit. And if he hits, he usually releases his Ex Mode. He's a pain in the arse. The old Chaos was easier this time around, but a level 130 with at leaste 125,000 HP, to me was a good challenge. I had fun with him. Now I'm leveling him up as he becomes a playable character when you beat him in the last match on 000.

And if you guys are interested in getting extra friend cards, and you don't have AdHoc Party for PS3, check out the Friend Cards thread I posted. Only have mine on there right now, but feel free to put yours up and add mine as a challenge. I'll be changing my Friend Card, as I am maining Gilgamesh now. Leveled him to 62 so far. Can't wait to see what he's like at 100 in my full control.

Blog Entries

I guess I'd stop in and mention that I have unlocked both Gilgamesh and Prishe but the fact is, I don't like playing as Gilgamesh that much...his attacks just seem lacking. I guess it's because he's low level but still, I don't like him that much.

Prishe is like an actually fun version of Tifa so I loved playing as her. I have a feeling that she will learn some devastating combos after a little leveling.

Laguna still main, never gonna stop playing as him.

Laguna does rock. A buddy of mine is maining him too. Can't wait to try fighting someone using him. But as usual, everyone uses Cloud.

And yeah, Gilgamesh is made for just a set group of people. I have fun with his randomness. He may draw Excalipoor most of the time, but i find him to be fun to use. You do get more abilities later on, I'm barely at 70, but almost there. Should try my level 62 one in my Friend Cards section.

He's actually got decent moves, I just don't like the randomness of the range, never fun to whiff a move just because he decided to whip out the shortest weapon he could get his hands on.

I don't know. I still have a lot of fun with him. Got him up to Level 100 now and took out a level 128 Cloud. Took me awhile to beat him, but I had fun.

How's everyone else feeling about the new Dissidia? Practically a remake, but it does give a little more to what we wanted.

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

I haven't got to use Gilgamesh yet. I have him unlocked and stuff, just haven't used him in battle. Been playing the story mode and trying my hand with the labyrinth challenge thing. I like the story in Duodecim a lot more than in Dissidia. It's simple, yeah, but not as predictable and cliched as from the first game. Also, Yuna and Vaan are so much fun to play. I haven't got any of my characters to max level yet though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Suzaku Vaneko

I bought the game and it is totally awesome!!! It has Laguna and Tifa plus Yuna in it!!!I can't stop playing!!!

As far as story goes, I think Kain really stole the spotlight in this one. Which is cool, because Kain is badass.

As far as actual gameplay, minus the entertainment brought with new characters, I'd almost call duo a downgrade from the original. It seems like they were trying really hard to make everybody play the same way, and base alot more on guessing and luck, which is not something that should be involved in a fighting game. And of course the gimmicky assist system just really annoys me. A woderful tool for people who suck at playing the game and can't land or avoid hits by themselves. And most of all, they nerfed my goddamn Sephiroth >=(

All in all still a good game, but as far as sheer gameplay goes, I definitely prefer D1.

Blog Entries

Hehe, I laugh at Sephiroth to this very day! He got like 1 new bravery move...That really sucks for him. I mean, even the emperor got a new hp attack, why not Sephy? I guess he's got enough as it is but still, I would like to see some change to him, mayhap if he was a little different I'd play as him more, but since I leveled him to 100 on the first game, I've seen little point in playing as him.

Love discovering new attacks for people though, like Exdeath's CRAZY new hp attack. (Can't remember it's name, it's like some kinda tornado thing, has ridonkulous charge time but deals massive damage) Firions, Arms Lord is pretty cool too.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I must admit, I'm loving the new Dissidia more than the original. I don't know, it seems more complete to me. I like the addition of the new characters, especially Laguna and Vaan, and I do like the new version of the original story.

I do have a couple of gripes though. Firstly, and I do agree with Heartless Angle here, that the assist system has gotten to the point where it annoys me. I liked it to begin with, but now I don't like it. The other big thing is that they seem to have messed about with Squall. I don't know what it is, but he plays differently. I am very disappointed.

Seph seems to have always been intended as a counterattack and move interuption character, which he's still good at, but they took away all of his combos. Used to be able to set up near infinites pretty easily, and chain from brv to HP even without built in chains, now you can't, all you have are single strokes and hp attacks that are moderately difficult to connect with unless you're into block/counter play style, which I'm not. He went from a monster who could destroy Chaos without taking a hit, to a below average low tier who sucks at landing hp attacks. Shit sucks. But they at least I have a new ground brv move with worse range than reaper! Thanks a ton Square, that helps alot, and totally makes up for all the things you took away, combined... okay not really.

Squall I believe they made some minor nerfs too, like the range and speed of a few of his attacks. I do like that the circles have a gravity effect now, but all and all I still don't really like playing him anymore.

Jecht is really the only character I used to use who I still like...

Least Kain, Tifa, Lightning, and Prishe are cool, so the game isn't a total loss, but still, downgrade from D1 as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah definitely range is a problem on Squall. Some of his attacks have a much shorter range than before. Squall used to be a great all round character, now they have messed with that.

I've been maining Laguna at the moment, and he is awesome. His long range attacks, obviously, are great, but he is a terrible short range fighter. But, I tend to go long range anyway with most characters, so he plays right into my style.

I'm more a close-mid range guy. Most of the projectile moves are too easy to avoid, or can just be dashed straight through, which sucks. Seph's range was just about ideal. Kain's pretty good in that regard as well.

I am really impressed with Kain too. I think I said it before, but his Jump attack is perfect for spam. Which probably makes me a really annoying Kain player.

I've only just got round to trying Sephy out, and damn he has been nerfed something terrible. He used be probably the best for Bravery depletion, but they have nixed that out of him.

One question for you guys: Does anyone else hate using Gabranth? I used to use him very sparsely in the original, but he seems even worse in this one.

Seph was epic for brv depletion, even moreso if you ran an Iai strike setup, though I didn't. He had some infinites, and a nice brv-hp chain with godspeed-octaslash. He now has nothing. Gabranth was one of my off mains in D1, he flat out sucks now. Everyone I used to use sucks now, except for Jecht, who fortunately is mostly unchanged. Only thing I used to do that I can't now was finishing his aerial Triumphant grasp combo as brv instead of actually chaining into the grasp, and being able to connect with a grasp used normally during the recovery, basically just a loss of a couple extra brv hits, no big deal. Ground dash is very nice, since I like comboing from his grond brv move as well.

I know exactly what you mean, everyone I used to use has been messed about with one way or another. Although, out of my mains from the original, Kuja is the only one that is still the same. Actually, Kuja seems a lot better than most of the characters, full stop.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Dissidia Duodecim Announced Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Haven't played it, but I've read how they changed some things about the story.

Like Destiny Odyssey IX. Now all of a sudden, it's about memories. Don't want to spoil anything, but if you paid close attention between both versions of the cutscene with Kuja and Garland, you'll see what I mean.

Thanks to my new job, though, I'll be able to buy the game in two weeks. I still love it. I'm currently upgrading the characters in the first one as fast as I can so I can transfer that info to Duodecim.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Yeah go figure, all the characters that completely don't fit my playstyle all got buffs. Kuja, Ulti, pretty much anybody I never use.

Yeah thats true, Ultimecia is pretty awesome on this one. One hell of a cheat character, much like Laguna. I could never get on with Ulti in the original, but they really have made her a lot stronger and faster.

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    Yeah thats true, Ultimecia is pretty awesome on this one. One hell of a cheat character, much like Laguna. I could never get on with Ulti in the original, but they really have made her a lot stronger and faster.
    Knight's Arrow charged + Hell's Judgement

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Blog Entries

Arg GDMF I can't belive I'm late to his defence!

I do NOT hate playing as Gabranth! He's still my best character! I have him set up the exact same way as in D1, 'Cept now I'm using his new bravery attack, it gives him basically his own version of Beam Blade. Still, he's the best!

The computer sucks horridly when playing him though, If I see a really tough fight, I usually try to make sure it's gabranth or exdeath. With the right Human Element, they are amazing fighters but without, they are easy targets...

Still, Gabranth RULES and BASCH LIVES! (I do know that it's just "Kingslayer Gabranth" but still, the joke never gets old to me. )

I just can't play as Gabranth. I find his style lacking a lot, and it doesn't fit very well into my play style.

Also, I've been playing ExDeath at the moment, and damn have they made him awesome too. His HP attacks are crazy!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast