Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I have actually been able to HIT the enemy with Kefka's Zap-Zap Thundaga, but other than that I haven't noticed any change in speed for Bravery attacks. However, some HP attacks like Havoc Wing are a little more difficult to avoid.

Anyway, last post for tonight. Found some Gilgamesh Vs. quotes, and since the game has just been released later on these English videos won't be much of a surprise anymore. My personal favorites are Golbez's, Exdeath's, and Kefka's. Enjoy.

Gilgamesh Vs.

Oh, and sorry if I sound a little biased, but I just like Gilgamesh in this game that much. Can't wait to try him out, but since I won't get the game anytime soon, I'll just keep practicing in Prologus.
    LOL at Gilgamesh's headbang.

Although I love how the general pace of the game feels faster, chase sequences are just too fast now. Does anyone really have that sort of reflex to dodge bravery attacks AND see it coming?
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Oi hell, I like how serious WOL and Firion are hahaha
    Terras too much of a sweethart ^-^"

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

"I shall send you back to the Rift."
    "I'll send you back to the Rift."

Wow. >_>

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    "I shall send you back to the Rift."
    "I'll send you back to the Rift."

Wow. >_>
    Yes, it is more or less how they say it that intrigues me.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Dissidia Duodecim Announced Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mineteaser View Post
    LOL at Gilgamesh's headbang.

Although I love how the general pace of the game feels faster, chase sequences are just too fast now. Does anyone really have that sort of reflex to dodge bravery attacks AND see it coming?
    Like Heartless pointed out, it's more like a guessing game this time around. If you press the X button right away, at least you'll be right 50% of the time. You can try to see it coming, but chances are you'll already be hit by the time you gather your thoughts.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

So I have it now, haven't played it yet....I have to finish some work first. I'm definitely going to be searching for a lobby labeled TFF or make one. I'm not going to be too good, but it should be fun!
    EBG

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Thsu far, there is one character I can always outmanuever in chases, and that is Sephiroth. To actually see whats coming, interpret it, and have to time to move, you have to know the character so well that you recognize the very first motion you see. Not practical too learn everyone that way, so yeah, seems like they changed it intentionally to become a guessing game.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

The Old Skool Warrior Dissidia Duodecim Announced LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    Omfg the chase sequences. It's like playing against real people now, and to be honest, I need to fight more real people to get used to this.
    Speaking of, is anyone else praying for wi-fi mode in Duodecim? TFF lobby would be pretty snazzy
    Unfortunately, it's still only Ad-Hoc 2-10 players.

Of course, there's always PS3's Ad-Hoc Party! The only downside to that is that you've gotta run a physical ethernet cable into your PS3 so that it can use its wifi to connect to your PSP.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

I got my copy fairly late last night, and I dabbled a bit in some one-on-one matches, and also a bit in the story mode.

Lightning is pretty okay to use, though I think if she would attack sooner rather than do her little battle cries or whatever she would be better. I guess that's to help even up the characters though. Also, tried out her paradigm shifts. From what I've seen so far, her Rav Magic is a little slow, and Med really only adds more bravery. I guess once you learn more things, you can do more stuff, but right now, I'm mostly sticking to her COM paradigm.

I also fought against Laguna, Kain, Tifa, and Vaan (maniken form on that character though). Laguna's shots don't seem to go very far, so when he attacks, I usually keep my distance and then move in for a hit. Not too hard. Kain is FREAKING RIDICULOUS,
    tagged just in case:
    and in the story mode that I'm on when you have to face him, I've had to restart the battle against him several times because he just wipes the floor with me.
    Tifa is okay, not too tough but not a pushover either. Vaan likes to dodge a LOT, and he's a fast little bugger too.

Letting my PSP charge right now, then I'll get to playing some more, but that's my initial thoughts on the game/new characters so far.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Dissidia 012 Gilgamesh Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rain McCloud's Avatar

Enjoyin it so far. Already been challenged by a couple of peeps that I used to slaughter on the original Dissidia. Love that you can transfer almost all your basic data, abilities, levels, PP Unlocks, and a few other things. Sure, gives me a bit of an unfair advantage over new players, but that's where Deodecim delivers; We can edit our levels down to match the opponents stats. Make it a more fair fight. They had a similar feature in Dissidia, but its got changes here. I'm happy. Also got the preorder bonus Cloud outfit from KH and the Assist Character Aerith as well. Both kick ass so far.
    Dissidia 012 Duodecim ~ Gilgamesh SSS Vicious lvl. 100

Blog Entries

I have a question that's been bothering me for a while now. I'd look it up, but I think I'll have better luck if I just ask here, since some of you already have the game.

Ahem. How much space do you need for it on the PSP? I currently have 137 MB of space left in my Memory Stick. I deleted my old Dissidia file, thinking it might give it more space. As you can already tell, it was a bad move since the old Dissidia is 384 KB

Just wondering how much space you actually need for Duodecim?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

The Old Skool Warrior Dissidia Duodecim Announced LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh man... you really shouldn't have deleted your old data because you could import that (including all character levels) into the new game.

In any case, the save file for Duodecim is pretty small.

If you want to install data to increase load times though, it's anywhere from 384MB to 810MB. Or 816. I don't remember the exact number.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Oh man... you really shouldn't have deleted your old data because you could import that (including all character levels) into the new game.

In any case, the save file for Duodecim is pretty small.

If you want to install data to increase load times though, it's anywhere from 384MB to 810MB. Or 816. I don't remember the exact number.
    It was my second playthrough (overwrote my very first file when it got too boring). I won't miss much, though, seeing as I don't even know what I'm missing (and I'd like to keep it that way).

Nah, I don't want to install data. Didn't even want to do it for the original Dissidia since it takes a while in doing so. I prefer to just leave my UMD in the PSP and play whenever I feel like it.

~St. Augustine

Well, you do get a couple bonus accessories when you load your old data. and the Data Install helps a little with the painful loading times of a game this big. I may decide to just go ahead and get the download version of the game at a later date. Hate using UMDs now. lol.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

Got my copy couple of hours ago, so far I'm loving it, I would be still playing it if my brother didn't took my PsP.

After being pawned by Yuna, and Vaan I decided to go through the intro story. So far I've beaten Lightning's part, and did few battles with Vaan, which I have problems getting used to. Lightning's fighting style on the other hand suits me rather well as it's somewhat similar to that of Zidane which was my main character in original Dissidia.

I have yet to try out other characters, if nothing else their personality is spot on. The world map is simply gorgeous, tribute to older games. I'm also glad they decided to get rid of DP, villains, few other items as well seem noticeably cheaper which is a big plus in my book. Already bought Golbez, Kefka, Kuja, and Gabranth, can't wait to unlock museum mode to hear new quotes and music. Speaking of villains, Kefka, and Kuja seem to make a great tandem once again. I'll also have to explore possibility to make your own quests bit more. I'll give my final thought when I invest more time into it.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The design your own Quest thing is kind of cool. Wish you could use the RPG maps and make it somewhat bigger. But it is kind of fun. I've made two scenarios now that I can't wait to try out on other players.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I bought my copy yesterday, and I am loving it. I love the addition of the assists, it really adds a new dynamic to the battle.

So far I have only been Lightning and Vaan. I like Lightning's style, but the Paradigms annoy me a bit. I stay in commando pretty much the whole time. Vaan, on the other hand, I really like. I was looking foward to playing as him, and I am not disappointed. He could easily become one of my regulars.

The one thing I can't seem to get used to is chase. It's very quick compared to the first game.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

I've gotten to the part with Laguna, witty as usual, slow, but devastating, needles to say I like him. I've also just noticed, the story is set on world map of Final Fantasy I.

Has anyone else chosen the option "I've mastered the original Dissidia" while going through Kupo tutorial, that son of a bitch threw me right as Chaos, unprepared, and all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Has anyone else chosen the option "I've mastered the original Dissidia" while going through Kupo tutorial, that son of a bitch threw me right as Chaos, unprepared, and all.
    Haven't gotten the game yet but I plan to give it a try when I do.
    Let's just hope this doesn't happen while doing so. ._.

Chaos EX Burst, A.K.A "You're screwed!"

~St. Augustine

I'll definitely pick that option when I get the game lol. I love ripping Gods apart =D
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Memento Rhapso Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you beat him you get him in Quick Battle for free lol it's pretty sweet. I lasted about a minute or so, 2000 dmg. to him, then I got raped ; - ;

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Ahh, alas, it is to bad I cannot have the chance to fight him. I only have the first model Psp, but am planning to buy the ANGP, so hopefully i can play this somehow on there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    Ahh, alas, it is to bad I cannot have the chance to fight him. I only have the first model Psp, but am planning to buy the ANGP, so hopefully i can play this somehow on there.
    The PSP 2000 model? I have that one and Duodecim runs just fine on it. Why won't it run on yours?
    filler line filler line filler line filler line

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    The PSP 2000 model? I have that one and Duodecim runs just fine on it. Why won't it run on yours?
    filler line filler line filler line filler line
    Can't say, but I mean the first model that came out, I thought there was a firm-ware glitch on it that wouldn't allow newer games to be played on it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    I'll definitely pick that option when I get the game lol. I love ripping Gods apart =D
    Good luck. word is, you fight him at Lv 130 with a Lv. 1 Lightning.

~St. Augustine

No problem rofl. He might actually give me a decent fight with a 129 level advantage =P

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    Can't say, but I mean the first model that came out, I thought there was a firm-ware glitch on it that wouldn't allow newer games to be played on it?
    You mean 1000, the fat one, I'm playing my copy of Duodecim on it, it runs just fine, try to update your firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    No problem rofl. He might actually give me a decent fight with a 129 level advantage =P
    Don't get too cocky, actually, that's the entire point of battle against Chaos =).

If I could do it with D1 Seph, it'd be a joke XD. Depends what moves they give me really, could be easy, could be completely impossible, but I'll go for it either way.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I picked that option and faught Chaos. Got a few good hits on him, but he ultimately f'ed me up.

I've been playing it all day and I am up to Kain's chapter. Kain is really good, I am loving his Jump move. It's really good for spam damage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    You mean 1000, the fat one, I'm playing my copy of Duodecim on it, it runs just fine, try to update your firmware.

Don't get too cocky, actually, that's the entire point of battle against Chaos =).
    Oh right, 1000 is fatty. I have that one as well (I'm pretty sure this time, it's clunky and still has the trigger latch for the UMD drive)

@Heartless- I've seen your stuff, and they've designed him to be almost impossible, but beatable for the creme de la creme. I think you may be able to do it lol
    If you beat him, screenshot that sh*t and post it here

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast