Thread: Final Fantasy Dimensions

Consistently Average Final Fantasy Dimensions Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy Dimensions

This goes here right?

Anyway has anyone played this game for smartphones? I found it while looking for Final Fantasy I and it was free so I bought it as well. I wasn't really sure what to expect when I got it but so far it's quite a good game. It's a bit like the older FF's, it's mostly sprite based and you can get character jobs so those are two +'s in my book. My only issue so far is that the character's personalities are a bit iffy and border on cliche but there's definitely been worse. So has anyone played this game? Yay for creating my first thread in over a year.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Final Fantasy Dimensions T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Final Fantasy Dimensions got released on Google Play.

It seems finally Squeenix made its arrangements with Google (as the Android App market is captive in the US, but not as captive overseas) to release the game at the store, but there's no free prologue, and the game is all bought at once. This probably means Dimensions is gonna port into the 3DS or the Vita eventually, as they did with FF4: The After Years (not to mention the graphics are PSP quality).

So, it's a mix of good and bad news, primarily since the prologue could have been left for free and get people to enjoy the game, and instead we have to pay for it all (yes, since I have an Android device, I refer to myself and any others with such devices). I'd say it's a worthwhile investment (20 bucks isn't that bad, and there's pre-paid Google Play cards so that you don't have to use their Wallet app, the one reason I can say I hate Google), as it's an old-school game with all the charm of FF3/FF5. It really feels like an old-school FF game, what with an evil empire, the Crystals, the jobs, the Four Fiends, the temporary NPCs, the spells...
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

The CG
    Loving it so far. It's gotten me back into the series. Pretty impressive for a simple old-school FF made for mobile devices.

Chocobo Queen Final Fantasy Dimensions Katpuss's Avatar
    I am absolutely loving this game so far! Dimensions has all of the old school battle/world style but with more interesting characters and the music is brand new. Awesome!
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

The old feeling of excitement when playing a new FF is back. I'm more thrilled than ever. 2D FF's are awesome. This game has me hooked already. Squeenix, you guys are getting it right this time. Way to go!

Really like the idea of fusion spells in this game. Some of the best spells come from fusion abilities. Makes you wanna try to get all the abilities from every job and experiment which combos yield good fusion spells. I know for sure I want Hastaga 2 for the whole party. Crazy spell to get.