Thread: cid. all the cids!

cid. all the cids!

which final fantasy game has your favorite cid? is it a cid you can play, or one you just admire?
    what's your favorite aspect of cids? and which one don't you care for at all?

Bananarama cid. all the cids! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    VII.

Now get me some Goddamn tea, Shera.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Besides ff7 where he would literally smoke a cigar during each battle, ff4 cid was cool too, crazy old bastard. also, TG Cid from Tactics was a slaying madman, pretty much busted the game with how strong he was.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Boxer of the Galaxy cid. all the cids! Rowan's Avatar
    "hold onto your drawers and dont piss in em!"

haha, oh Cid.

Certified tech, come at me! cid. all the cids! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had to really think about this one. My favorite cid out of all the FFs if I had to choose one...would have to be IX, i liked him as an ooglop and a normal sized person. My favorite aspect about the cids in general is their lively attitude that was displayed in games like III, IV, VII, IX, and X. He is both tough at times and friendly at other times (can't say the same for VII's cid, not quite the friendly type). I don't really care for his villain aspects in XII and XIII-1, just didn't appeal to me.

UPDATE: I think I should add this, to be honest, I'm sure I'll like cidney, she seems to be a good character, looking forward to see how she is developed throughout the game.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 01-30-2015 at 04:06 PM.
    Currently Playing:

Consistently Average cid. all the cids! Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like how Cid Highwind is the only other character to get a Triple Materia growth weapon. It made having him in the final party much more fun, especially when you abuse the W-Item Glitch and fight Magic Pots. He's my favourite character from VII so he'd get used regardless.

I like Cid from IV too, it's just a shame that you get him at a time where there's no room for another physical fighter, he usually ends up on the back row with Bardsong on the DS version.

The one Cid I don't really care for is the one from VIII. He looks like a fat Robin Williams in a cardigan. And he's married to Edea? That's just odd.

Oh and I also like el Cid from XII (if that counts) he's one cool fella. Shame you don't see much or him of can't use him in your party.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

I want to play a game. cid. all the cids! Zargabaath's Avatar
    I really liked Cid Bunansa (FFXII). His dialogue is great and John Lee (English VA) did a marvelous job. When Cid was on screen he commanded the scene though, there were quite a few great VA jobs done in FFXII.

Cid Raines was under-utilized in FFXIII, but I feel that way for every single supporting cast member - hardly any screen time with the cut-scene/story-heavy game.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x