View Poll Results: Favorite FF side game/series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • FFXII: Revenant Wings

2 8.00%
  • FFX-2

1 4.00%
  • FFIV: The After Years

0 0%
  • Before Crisis:FFVII

1 4.00%
  • Crisis Core: FFVII

12 48.00%
  • Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII

3 12.00%
  • Dissidia

5 20.00%
  • Dissidia Duodecim

7 28.00%
  • FF: The 4 Heroes of Light

0 0%
  • Chocobo Series

0 0%
  • Crystal Chronicles Series

0 0%
  • Tactics Series

9 36.00%
  • Crystal Defenders

0 0%
  • Other (please list)

1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Best Final Fantasy side game/series?

Best Final Fantasy side game/series?

I was looking at the "Best FF game" thread and thought that it needed to be updated, so it occurred to me that perhaps we should discuss what the best side series or game is?

There are lots of games that have been released in recent years and although not all of them do justice to the Final Fantasy name, in my opinion, some of them have been great games. I'm a big fan of the Tactics games, I think they are very well done, but I can't make a fair comparison with other side games because the Tactics games are the only side series I have played.

I included a poll with this thread, but I'm prettys sure I missed quite a few games, so send me a message and may be I can edit the thread at a later time. I'll also give you the opportunity to vote for multiple games so that you can vote for your favorite games in order of preference; I think that works well for gauging how much one game is liked in comparison to another.

EDIT: I just realized there already is a thread about this topic...
    Last edited by Illusion; 05-11-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Re: Best Final Fantasy side game/series?

I think that the best FF game is FFXII or FFX

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess you could have included Kingdom Hearts to the poll, but it's cool.

I honestly think, so far with my experience of the games, that the FFVII Compilation is the best. It's got variety - games, movies, stories and questionable rumours of a remake. You've got Before Crisis; a mobile phone, action-role playing game. You've got Dirge of Cerberus; a shooting game. DoC: The Lost Episode; another mobile phone game. You've got Crisis Core; an action role-playing game. You've got Advent Children; a well done CGI movie. You've got Last Order; a short animated film. Finally, you've got On the Way to a Smile; a series of short stories.

A lot of people would think the series has gone too far. I do agree. It's turned my favourite game thirteen odd years later into lube for the new generation of fanboy and fangirl, who've never even played the original game but will hype over the other items in the Compilation. But a lot of good work was put into it. I'm glad Vincent and Zack got got their own games, especially as they were very well done.

I do think Crisis Core won my heart over everything else (besides Advent Children). It's a fun game with a tonne to do. xD

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The best for me is Crisis Core just because I enjoyed learning so much about Zack's side of the story. The events in CC triggered the whole VII story so it's pretty vital stuff there.

Jayde2010

I have to say i love the job/class and battle system in the Tactics games.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Best Final Fantasy side game/series? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Personally, I love the FFVII compilation. It was nice that SE decided to fill in the holes in FFVII, and we got some good games out of it too.

My favourite would have to be Dirge of Cerberus. I never understood why people didn't like it. I found it to be a very fun game with a great story and good characters. Also, the fact that Vincent was the main character made it better for me, as he is one of my favourites.

Honourable mention has to go to Dissidia 012. I liked the first one, but the new one is like a big upgrade. I love all the new features in the game, and I think it's great that they put the old story in with new gameplay. It added a lot to the original story.

The only one of these I've even played is The After Years, so I can't give a fair vote. Any recommendations on which other ones to play? Anybody?

Registered User Best Final Fantasy side game/series?

I'd like to get my hands on Final Fantasy Tactics someday, as I've heard a lot of great things about those games (not so much the Advance versions though...), but for now my vote would probably have to go to either Crisis Core or Dissidia Duodecim. There's a couple of things I could have done without in both of those games, but overall, I enjoyed them the best from the ones I played off the list.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Best Final Fantasy side game/series? Zidane77's Avatar

I personally think Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core is one of the few games that are doing well in last few years (or just since FFX).

Dont like crystal chronicles or the tactics series. DoC and X-2 were obviously fail but could've been way better with a little tinkering here and there. Dissidia was interesting until it starting butchering the characters (such as Zidane and Squall), and the storyline was just a little crappy. So on that list the only game i could possibly ever say is Crisis Core, otherwise the Kingdom Hearts series.

DISSIDIA, DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY, and CRISIS CORE: FINAL FANTASY VII. Man I liked these games. I played Dissidia 400 hours, Dissidia 012 105 hours, and I haven't counted how many times I've played Crisis Core...

Found that on Google, and wrote the text :3

The Lone Dagger Best Final Fantasy side game/series? Xithor's Avatar

Crisis Core was a fantastic game in my opinion and will get my vote if I only had one so I'll say that it is the best Side Game to me. I also have enjoyed Dissidia and Duodecim so far so I'll put those two up there as well.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Unforunately I have never had the chance to play any of the side series games but if they release any of them on the PSN it is possible I will play them then.

Dalmascan princess Best Final Fantasy side game/series? lady ashe's Avatar

i like the tactic series and relvant wings, and dissinda.
    i would say crisis core but i havent played it so i cant, right? to be fair i havent layed relvant wings either, but whn you have a family like mine you just know

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Final Fantasy Noob! Best Final Fantasy side game/series? ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChodeStare View Post
    I think that the best FF game is FFXII or FFX
    Neat. Too bad you answered the wrong question.

I like the Tactics series. A lot of fun, and a big departure from the main games.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Best Final Fantasy side game/series? Treize's Avatar

My favorites are also the tactics games. It's unfortunate that the stories in the more recent ones aren't that great, but the gameplay is too addictive. I haven't played any of the games for the PSP, but from what I've read, I can't imagine them being better than the original tactics game.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey59 View Post
    I like the Tactics series. A lot of fun, and a big departure from the main games.
    yeah, they are a lot fun, im playing advance at the moment, ive just beaten exodus

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

___________ Best Final Fantasy side game/series? Kyreaan's Avatar

I thought about it and voted for Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII. It was the game that had the best morphing in all of Final Fantasy. It also went to the heart of Vincent Valentine, and it showed that he was in fact the strongest out of all the characters in FFVII. He got to the point where, even without the Proto Materia in his chest, he surpassed his limits and became stronger than a Weapon boss. It was very impressive to me as an addition to the Final Fantasy series. I enjoyed being able to customize the guns with materia and parts. I wish there were more made like this.

Spoiler:
    I would have also loved to see the scientist he fell in love with restored, Lucrecia Crescent. I wasn't however disappointed with the ending. It was great with all the appearances by the other characters. I hope he makes a cameo in future games.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Registered User Best Final Fantasy side game/series? Oneesan's Avatar

crisis core no contest for me, I actually thought that Zack was one of the best heroes in the series so far. Any game that made me cry that much, nearly every time I play it is tops in my book.

Zack is amazing!

Ashe and Vaan forever

Registered User Best Final Fantasy side game/series? Oneesan's Avatar

Sooo amazing, and WAY less whiney than most other heroes. He's also got a pretty good voice actor.

Registered User Best Final Fantasy side game/series? EveVanilla's Avatar

Final Fantasy X-2, Love to see what happened after the amazing story of FFX. Happy to see Yuna finally got to see/be with Tidus again.
    Dissidia Duodecim, Awesome Game,Characters and Storyline which it was a bit longer on the newer characters though :x

I picked tactics...

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Best Final Fantasy side game/series? nickness89's Avatar

Voted for FFXII: Revenant Wings, because I just absoloutely LOVED XII.

Rev. Wings' controls were a bit annoying for me, but I coped, and I think the storyline rocks, the characters rock, and the basic atmosphere reminded me of XII, but also had a feel of a totally different game.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif