Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newbie gal here ! Question!! :)

Newbie gal here ! Question!! :)

I know this may be an overasked question, but, what is everyones fav ff game and why? Would anyone do anything different in a game if they could? Lately I've been replaying ff with much thanks to emulators. Still as always my top fav are chrono trigger, 8, and 9. I myself did like number 7. I used to dislike Aerith (Aeris) cause she seemed annoying but later on I came to like her ....what a sad ending. I cannot bring myself to play it again.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Registered User Newbie gal here ! Question!! :) Cyric's Avatar
    I'm replaying IX and I have to say that it's shaping up to be my favorite again! It is hard for me to explain why it is my favorite, so I'll site the gameplay, characters, and minigames as my reasoning. :c)

I'm currently playing that one! Years ago I coupdnt finish it cause last disc was missing

Using Tapatalk

Sorry that sent too early
    . Have a puppy on my lap xD anyways I love the story in ix.I love all the different creatures /beings as well. Ahh thank you internet for emulators.

Using Tapatalk

IX because I just have fond memories of it when it first came out. Plus I like Zidane.

Been wanting to do a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross marathon back to back playthroughs.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Ahh marathon would be awesome. Ive been doing a marathon as well and now on number 9. On last disc. I'm so mad cause there is a glitch and I can't finish the mognet central quest. You don't get much for completing it, but still I wanted to do it *sigh*

Using Tapatalk

Well not a marathon but play them and only them when I have time to play video games.

I play way to many video games already as it is.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Yep finding time is the hard part! Between reading books and playing games it's hard to keep track of everything . My goal is to play up to final fantasy 10. After that I didn't reapply care for the other games much .

MERGED POSTS

Really * (sorry about that)

Last edited by LocoColt04; 11-26-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Next time just Edit your post to avoid double posting in the future.

I just play way to many video games.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Thanks but sadly my phone won't let me . I go to do it and then the app freezes on me what other games are you into?

Using Tapatalk

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Newbie gal here ! Question!! :) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can use the forum on your browser. It'll automatically switch it to a mobile theme.

I have an HTC One. It works fine.

VIII, X, XII are my favs. I like IX as well and X-2.

Hi I just reinstalled it and works now, thanks I like those as well! Mixed feelings about X-2.. I wasn't digging the whole pop star singer thing . To me its overdone like Disney and Nickelodeon shows now days with all the pop tweens etc. But number 10 was awesome . I liked the card games in the earlier ff . Wish that was brought back! But that's just me :3

Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    FF6 will probably always be my favorite, although I tried replaying it again lately and just couldn't get into it again. Downloaded 7 from Steam and started it, haven't touched it in a week. I only seem to care for Nintendo games anymore. Was able to get through Pokemon Y just fine, and continuing to play in my ex's Animal Crossing town because she doesn't have a 3DS (I like our neighbors, and how she has the town set up, heh.)

But yeah, 6 was my favorite Final Fantasy for the characters and the setting. I just loved that steam punk. Also, I don't think any Final Fantasy has matched that initial play thru that I had of 6. FF9 is probably my second favorite, then maybe FF12. If we included FF Tactics, that would probably be my second or third favorite.

I loved the steam punk it had going on as well. Sometimes I wish they would do remakes to see how it would look in HD etc...man would be so cool but that will never happen.

Using Tapatalk

Boxer of the Galaxy Newbie gal here ! Question!! :) Rowan's Avatar
    My favourite FF title fluctuates depending on my mood. Although majority of the time I'd have to say 8 takes first place, although theres a special place in my heart for 7. FF8 is one of my favourites because of the realism they portrayed in the world and the characters themselves. There was a romantic theme which played out very nicely. If I could change anything about it, Is that I would have made the storyline lean towards Rinoa being Ultimecia from the future and made it more obvious. Hence having said that, only one thing in the story would need to change for it to make plausable sense.

Welcome to the forums!

That's how I feel bout 8 as well .also I found it annoying about what relationship (if any) was there between Laguna and Squall. Sure it looked like he was his dad but at same time nothing was really directly said that made it clear ...least from what I remember .

Last edited by Acire; 11-26-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Newbie gal here ! Question!! :) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I made it up in my head for ages that Rinoa & Squall were actually 1/2 siblings XD

Then I replayed it and realized I hadn't connected Julia & Carroway. I mean. I -had-, but I guess I thought Rinoa was Laguna's kid too. Julia just got married cuz whatever ...

X-2 I liked cuz it's a more light-hearted installment in the series and I found it to be a nice change from the seriousness of the rest of it. Getting 100% Pisses me off though.

Boxer of the Galaxy Newbie gal here ! Question!! :) Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    I made it up in my head for ages that Rinoa & Squall were actually 1/2 siblings XD

Then I replayed it and realized I hadn't connected Julia & Carroway. I mean. I -had-, but I guess I thought Rinoa was Laguna's kid too. Julia just got married cuz whatever ...
    Its very symbolic of the love between Squall and Rinoa.

Haha oh man ! Imagine if Julia didn't marry Carroway? Then poor squall and Rinoa definitely could not have been together ...would be sad xD I wonder what their lives would of been like after the end of 8...

Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I mean. Cuz Rinoa has Julia's last name instead of Carroway's. So I Figgered she was illegitimate.

Poor Squall and Rinoa... I used to love Squall. But now all I see is a girly man. And Rinoa is so .... Annoying.

I'm on Disc 3, trying to do the side quests before I jump in Lunatic Pandora... I got lazy and switched to Legend of Dragoon though. Ha.

Maybe she just didn't want her dad's last name ...Idk but that's a good point.squall was definitely a winey one.it annoyed me as well.I liked Irvine selphie and zell...his little temper tantrums haha Legend of Dragoon does actually beat FF8. That's another game on my long list I need to play.

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Acire View Post
    Legend of Dragoon does actually beat FF8. That's another game on my long list I need to play.
    How can you tell if you haven't played it?

Look up! Replaying games

Using Tapatalk

Bananarama Newbie gal here ! Question!! :) Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would say that my top three favorites are VI, VII and IV, and depending on my mood and how nostalgic I'm feeling, IV switches with VIII and IX.

I fell in love with VI and I fell hard for it. Everything about the game, from the steampunk feel to the cast of characters and the overall completeness of the story just blew me away. The characters especially, where they all have these interwoven and integral stories, and you really just want to root for them to kick Kefkas ass.

It also helps that you have an absolutely insane villain such as Kefka, who doesn't have an agenda other than seeing the world burn... literally. His character, along with the majority of them were brilliantly written.

Long story short, everything about the game was amazing. Plus there were no sissy boy protagonists
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Very well said Pete!! I know the feeling about switching ...I have that as well! Luckily I am on holiday next few weeks so I've just been catching up on shows, visited peeps in USA now back home gaming away ! So glad to have time now .I'm reliving my fav games :3

Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I used to have a tradition for the longest time, where I'd start FFVII during Thanksgiving weekend and just plow through as much of it as I could. I just have so many new games, or games that have been on the shelf for months that I can't really do it. First world problems haha.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Its been long time since I could do that . Damn grown up adult shiz . So many games so little time and not enough money xD really are first world problems !!!

Using Tapatalk

I've played FF8 through the whole game like 5 times at least and Legend of Dragoon was better so far just at the end of Disc 1.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    I actually just downloaded Legend of Dragoon on the PS3. I haven't played it in literally 12 years, when I would rent it from freakin Blockbuster. I can't believe that used to be a thing haha.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

you guys made me wanna play legend of Dragoon so that's what I'm doing haha ....oh gosh blockbuster will seem like a myth to out grandkids !

Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast