View Poll Results: which is the best final fantasy game?

Voters
709. You may not vote on this poll

12 1.69%

3 0.42%

11 1.55%

34 4.80%

11 1.55%

69 9.73%

205 28.91%

101 14.25%

91 12.83%
  • 10/10-2

119 16.78%

6 0.85%

33 4.65%
  • Tactics/Tactics Advanced

14 1.97%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Best final fantasy game

Re: Best final fantasy game

wow... there are enough votes for a petition for a FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!!!

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Best final fantasy game KainsBro's Avatar

I love FFVI the best, cause the Story, Characters, everything!

A very close second would be FFVII, followed by FFVIII and FFIX! FFX was alright, but I hated some of the voice-overs, especially the lead characters voice. The story was good, and I liked the grid system, but way too linear for me. I like to explore the world.

FFXII, I haven't picked it back up since I had to stop for awhile. I'm not even a quarter through it. So, no opinion yet.

rinoa13

Final Fantasy VIII will always be the best and that's the way it will always be!

Let's make it rain. Best final fantasy game Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    FF9 is definitely the best one.
    Agreed.

It's ViVi, ViVi is amazing, I couldn't believe they put ViVi in Kingdom Hearts 2, and the fact that he wasn't in there long upset me. But, back on topic, Final Fantasy 9 is just a beautiful great amazing game that I just can't let go from my number one spot for final fantasy games.

Antidrall

Final fantasy tactics, due to the fact that it kicks FF7's ass across the pacific. Don't get me wrong, but I have to say that FF7 is a very over rated game. final fantasy tactics has the superior story, characters, and gameplay. I remember that it was the first FF game I ever got and played it as soon as I got home. I do have to say that I was pretty damn young and I didn't know how to put additional units in the field. It was a few weeks later that I had a "DUHR" moment and pressed the L1 button. I put the soldiers into the fray, (Purnell, Sevrin and Rosalind) and we have faced countless adversaries since.

P.S.

the remake was a bit of a disapointment due to the complete overhaul of dialogue and name changes.

Registered User Best final fantasy game Toxo's Avatar

This is a tough one. A fan once said that choosing a favourite FF-game is like sticking to one ice-cream flavour for the rest of your life, and I agree. I'll just make a list of my faves:

FFII: Even with its simple storyline and even simpler characters, it has some sort of charm in it that makes me play it again and again. Emperor Mateus was really cool villain whose ambition knew no bounds. He pretty much raped the land of Fynn three times, divided his soul into two and took over hell and heaven. Firion was amusing as the lead character, even though his personality wasn't all that amusing. His tendency to get trapped every five minutes was entertaining in a odd way. And...GUY SPEAK BEAVER. Err...

FFIV: The first FF-game that had characters with real personality. It has a very special place in my heart. The storyline is fascinating, the characters are lovable, the music is touching and the new DS-remake just makes it all the more powerful experience. It has certain humanity to it; hate, revenge, heartbreak, sadness, but most of all will to put the past behind and live for today.

FFV: I had this game for the SNES first in Japanese and then English. I didn't like either of them and only played them to the part where you steal the pirateship. But after I got the GBA-version, I really got into it liked it. The new translations and cheeky puns make it very entertaining to play. Butz and Boco are awesome and the job system is fun. FFIII had nice jobs, too, but it was too much pain in the butt, because I wanted to level up all the jobs to 99 with every character and that takes awhile. x'D

FFVI: Do I really need to say why? The only thing I found lacking in this game was the fact that there were so many characters that half of them didn't even interract with each other. I would've really liked to see some lines between Relm and Gau, them being the only kids and all. And Shadow and Relm, some family-bonding would be nice. *hack-cough* But other than that, this really is a game that set the bar high.

FFVII: I really like this game, but I HATE the games that take place in FFVII's storyline, like Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus + other crap. Sure, new art of the characters with voice acting and realistic graphics are cool, but really...Angeal and Genesis and what crap have you? That's just...Wrong.

FFIX: Ahh, the game that gave me no break from laughter. It's such a cute game with the funny lines and character designs. But the dark story is what really captivated me. And I've always been more into medieval-fantasy stuff than scifi. The music is truly best of Uematsu and the graphics are still as good as back in the day when all this 3D was so new and awesome. The characters are very likable from the main cast to small sidecharacters.

FFXII: Even though many seem to dislike this game for its "not-really-finished"-tone, I really like it. I like roaming around the map without worrying about random battles and being able to look around and admire the pretty little details. Aside from Vaan, I find the characters likable, even if in a more subtle ways like in FFII. For example, I like the way Penelo fights with funny and graceful dancemoves and her relationship with the young Emperor. Even though Nobster, pardon, mr. Uematsu wasn't composing the main soundtrack, I really like Sakimoto's work and how he took the sounds to the next level. The voice acting is far more superior compared to FFX, in my opinion, and that is a big plus. What really got me to buy the game, however, is the races and the cultures of the wide word of Ivalice. I had just played FFTA and when I saw the beautiful models of 3D bangaas and vieras, it was like getting hit on the head.

FFT: I got to play this very late, and I was a bit wary with the 3D-backgrounds + 2D-characters after playing the all 2D-FFTA. But after I got used to it, it was really good game. Sure, they bombared me with a billion foreign names that didn't say anything to me and moved so fast that I hardly understood what was going on, but after I got into the story, I couldn't help but getting addicted to it. The battlesystem is very different from the usual FF-games, but it's strangely engaging. And I still have a soft spot for Ramza and Alma's siblingship, fufufu...(I had the same problem with FFIV's sibling relationships, arrr, I'm a sucker for those.)

FFTA: Some say it gets dull and repetitive after awhile, but I'm so awesome that I have it as a rom and can just press the space when I want to speed things up. It was very childlish compared to the usual FF-stuff, but I really liked it and its colourful world and inspiring themes. It was also interesting how the main character could be seen as the main villain, too. (I'm trying to not spoil, but I believe I'm failing horribly.) The races, like in FFXII, is what really got me interested. It's a fun game, through and through.

Phew, that was a lot of writing from me. D:
    Last edited by Toxo; 03-26-2010 at 03:22 AM.

Lali-hoe, I mean, ho!

Erin

Final Fantasy X.

Learner Best final fantasy game CloudTide's Avatar

on the poll it kinda sucked i could only pick one
    so i pick VII because i have more knowledge and got more involved in VII's stuff
    but if i could've chosen two i would've said I and VII
    i liked IV a little and then it got boring
    but the storyline was good
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Registered User Best final fantasy game Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

I voted FFI because it is the best FF Game imo.
    The reason i believe this is because without FFI, there would be no FFII-FFXIII, and there would be no side games either.
    Also if FFI was'nt made then Square would have gone bankrupt and there also would'nt be awesome games today like chrono trigger. . .

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

Laika

I say Final Fantasy IX. It was the first game from the series I ever played and I think it's the main reason I'm a huge fan today. The other ones that I played are II, III, IV, VI, VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII and XIII. I honestly think the main reason why I love this game overall is the strong character development and the random side quests (if you don't feel like random battling the whole time - an unfortunate thing about XIII IMO.) Also the main character is actually like-able which is rare for me because most of the final fantasy main characters I can't stand, I usually favor a less important character. Cecil and Terra are the only other main characters I've ever liked. Plus the music for IX... GOLD STAR.

Glowing Ball of Awesome Best final fantasy game Ashura's Avatar

FFVII, VI, X, Tactics, these are my favorite. But for my most favorite would be VI. I loved the story, gameplay, and I LOVE 2D RPG's. I also liked all the characters, and I was actually scared to fight Kefka, his humor scared meh, especially that laugh...
    Last edited by Ashura; 06-21-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Contact me for signature/avatar request.

Registered User Best final fantasy game Zidane77's Avatar

If i'd make a list it would probably be like this

1. VII
    2. IX
    3. IV
    4. VIII
    5. XIII/VI
    Last edited by Zidane77; 10-16-2010 at 08:21 PM.

I would have to say that IX is the best. I enjoyed the plot, characters, and battle system the most. There was a time where VII was my favorite (it was the first FF game I had ever played), and when I was 11 years old, X was my crazy obsession. But, I absolutely fell in love with IX, so it will always be my favorite. <3

VII and X definitely tie for second. I liked VII's story and characters, and I liked how Square made sequels and prequels which made the storyline deeper. I loved knowing more about Zack's story, as sad as it was. X had an overall amazing plot, battle system and great characters. X probably is the overall best game to play, though IX is still my favorite. VIII comes in last for me. The junctioning system sucked, especially since it made the game much harder than it should've been. I never even got to beat the game because it's ridiculously hard to level up your characters in the Lunatic Pandora. Although, the plot was decent and I did like the characters. If junctioning system weren't in there, I'd probably like it much better.
    Last edited by FinalFantasyPsycho; 07-13-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Registered User Best final fantasy game NeoAquarius12's Avatar

I chose FFX simply because it is the greatest video game story ever told. (Maybe second to Xenogears, but it's debatable)

Registered User Best final fantasy game Aadria's Avatar

IX, by far. Unbeatable characters, music, story, battles... It has it all.

FFVIII ROCKS ND SO DOES FFVII Best final fantasy game squall_cloud_hpf's Avatar

i think tht the juncyioning system on ffVIII is rather anoying but i got used to it but my favey is ffVII i just love the story, tht the game i first into FF with. XD

The British Guy. Best final fantasy game Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The poll so far is as i expected before looking at it. I voted for Final Fantasy VIII but a close second would be VII as the storylines for both were amazing but i have to admit i disliked squalls change in character towards the end of the game.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

IX was always my favorite game and i would say is the best one.
    But VII is equally the best, if not the best one haha

IX and VII are at the top in my opinion.

8runo

I voted ffviii it has great music,graphics,storyline and gameplay. i dont realy like the junctioning but i still love the game.

Shattered Aura

Toss up between 3 and 7 for sure!

Never getting back together... Best final fantasy game JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For me... it's between three:
    VI-- I loved the characters in this one. Also the music. I've never beaten it yet.

IX-- This one is the best. Unbeatable Final Fantasy, Characters (Like Aadria said), and everything else. This... Was my first FF. I have not beaten it either xD

XII-- Stop bashing on this game! It's a great game, and is a close third in my book. the battle system was... Different. Some characters were well done, some... Not. TONS of weapons, and Quickenings were fun to watch. I like the liscenses, and how you could give anyone, any weapon. I specialized Ashe (My favorite XII character) in great swords. She is weilding a claymore right now ^^'.

Enough talking! I need to shut up.

Love JillXWesker

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/

Registered User Best final fantasy game Sharpshooter's Avatar

Damn FFVll is in its own league lol
    Guess I'll just put my favorite final fantasies in order:
    12,8,7,Tactics,10
    ^those are all the ones I have played(from main series)
    I would have liked to see a couple more votes for tactics but oh well =(
    I still have a bunch of the others to play, such as 6 and 9
    And why isn't ff13 part of the poll?
    Final Fantasy and Samurai Champloo FTW!!

Registered User Best final fantasy game randy666's Avatar

ffX was the first one to use actual voices in the cut scenes which gave the characters more depth, thank god 13 isn't there i hated it

Registered User Best final fantasy game CloudvsLightning's Avatar

FF VII and FF X/X-2 all the way.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Don't really have a list
    VII and IX definetly being my favorite.

After them it's IV,VI,VIII,X and XIII.
    But still X-2 and XII had the best battle systems in my opinion so they are one of my favorite too.

Me personally, the classic is still one of the greatest, but the best one since the 3d age would be 10..but not 10-2

Controlling With Fear Best final fantasy game Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I'm staggered that ff9 got that many votes.

&amp;quot;How are you sure we're alive?&amp;quot; Best final fantasy game Spartan of Zanarkand's Avatar
    I love FF (obviously) but I thinnk I have to go with FFX/X2

Sorry, my keys are sticking.
    *think
    Last edited by Cain Highwind; 12-03-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: I'll let you get away with it this time, assuming it is your keyboard but make sure you use the Edit button next time
    The Questions Asked:

Who and what have you been?
    Who and what are you?
    Who and what will you be?

Registered User Best final fantasy game HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going with this in this order.

1st: Final Fantasy Tactics. (Well developed storyline and as many times as it's retold, it never seems to grow old to me)

2nd: Final Fantasy II. (A classic rebellion-vs-evil empire story that has been used to make some of the greatest movies and games like Star Wars for instance)

3rd: Final Fantasy VI: (Whoever really doesn't like this game, probably just hasn't played it...I really enjoyed it and the freedom it gives you in picking main charecters.)

4th: Final Fantasy XII: (An excellent example of evil empire stories but this one has many twists and turns to bring a little more life to it. Plus the variety of charecters really help aswell.)

5th: Final Fantasy IV: (A great story of inner conflict, Good-vs-Evil, that proves even heros are not perfect.)

I have always had a thing for FF8 it was my first so I think it a way it will be my fav always just for that fact.

Final Fantasy Roleplay Forum!!
    http://eternalfinalfantasy.proboards.com/

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast