View Poll Results: which is the best final fantasy game?

Voters
709. You may not vote on this poll

12 1.69%

3 0.42%

11 1.55%

34 4.80%

11 1.55%

69 9.73%

205 28.91%

101 14.25%

91 12.83%
  • 10/10-2

119 16.78%

6 0.85%

33 4.65%
  • Tactics/Tactics Advanced

14 1.97%
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Best final fantasy game

Warrior Ninja Best final fantasy game Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxdeath666 View Post
    I agree with the voice acting, but you gotta admit that the script writing was freaking sketchy and cheesy at best. I mean, it just didn't appeal to me the whole dynamic of Tidus not seeing his dad for like 10 years and then both of them simply saying "hi!" to each other. And don't even get me started on Wakka!
    I'm geeting the hang of quoting ^^ Anyways, There's nothing wrong with a cheesy script...It adds humour to the game and I find makes it more appealing.... The only part that was just to creepy was when Tidus was talking to Yuna and he was doing that laugh thing >.>... And I didn't really like Wakka either he kept saying Yah over and over again...

Final Fantasy X was the best in my opinion but I forgot to mention that Final Fantasy XII was also one of the best..I have a real debate between the two because FFXII has the better battle system and is more challenging to beat :]

Master of the Shadow Key Best final fantasy game KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    meh, I liked II. I knew Firion was a BA before his Dissidia artwork came out. With the Dissidia artwork, he looks godly.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Insanity is a girls best friend. Best final fantasy game Fearless's Avatar
    Frankly, I love most of the ones I've played, but I'd have to say that IV is the best overall. I really got into it. Especially the DS one <3
    If not IV, then X or VII. III and IX are also favorites.
    I hear you whisper,
    Love me
    Love me

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... Best final fantasy game tre skills's Avatar
    well FFIX is my fav then i would have to say X then VI
    Last edited by tre skills; 07-15-2009 at 05:02 PM.

All is One.One is All. Best final fantasy game Firefly's Avatar
    OMG!FFX definetly.Best Music,Characters,and Story Line.
    FINAL FANTASY 10 ROX!

Registered User Best final fantasy game Yesha's Avatar
    The best for me so far.. are the..

FFVIII - The story is great.
    FFX, X-2 - I Love the Love story and aLso.. the battLe and character designs are great too!
    FFXII - For the graphics and character designs!
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Acloud
    Its really between 6+7+or 9 even though 9 and 10 and 10 part 2 are the only sequals. so im sayin 9

Tsuna Feesh Best final fantasy game Fate's Avatar
    Wow, VII is wining... Can't say I'm surprised, though. Some people just play that one, and before touching even a single more, they say, "Oh, I liked VII the most!" That's annoying, because they automatically put aside all the others after that one.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

yeah it is kinda annoying
    [Fav FF: IX & X ]

[Currently Playing: FF X-2]

[Final Fantasy's Beaten: FF VI (snes) - FF IX - FF X]

#LOCKE4GOD Best final fantasy game Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The problem is that VII has been talked up so much that any newbie with the option of an FF game will mpst probably choose VII. I reckon if more people picked up Tactics (and/or MOST other titles), then this pattern would change.

yeah newbies haha so is tactics your fav?

Blog Entries
    Nah, VIII is tbh, but Tactics is a lot better than VII to be sure.

oh okay mines IX

come and get some Best final fantasy game Darkwave's Avatar
    i say that ff7 rules because it has the best story line and battles

At the end of the day, it comes down to one hero to save us all.

The Occurian
    i am one of the few who voted for XII.
    BUT I AM NOT ASHAMED!!!
    lol

The Most Profound Mystery Best final fantasy game GiftofTheGoddes's Avatar
    Ff7 is the best!
    "The World Need A New Hero"

I have only played:

My vote goes to 6. But I am planning on playing the rest of the games in the near future. I am currently replaying 6, then I plan on playing 7, 8, 9 & 11.

I'm DYING to see you! Best final fantasy game ViviMasterMage's Avatar
    I played 9 first and it is my favourite, I mean 7 is overrated, meaning that people new to the RPG genre will be recommended to play that. Also meaning things like tactics, IX, X ect might be overlooked and that just annoys me a little.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

O Rly? Best final fantasy game Arch's Avatar
    7 than 10 i love the storyline in both but i dont think the story line in 7 can be beat..even though i love 10 its definitely my 2nd favorite

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Weapon View Post
    The problem is that VII has been talked up so much that any newbie with the option of an FF game will mpst probably choose VII. I reckon if more people picked up Tactics (and/or MOST other titles), then this pattern would change.

I have to say i was quite addicted to tactics
    but i still love 7
    and i am not a noob
    i just need to finish the whole series im not canceling them out yet

i need to play 1-6
    and i tried 12 it was terrible not completely awful but it didnt keep my attention

and i agree most people tht dont even play the ff series know what FF7 is,its just because its such a popular game and its a great game thts why it is popular

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

Registered User Best final fantasy game Fayt.'s Avatar
    It's hard to pick just one, but I voted FFVIII.

The first time I played it in particular I was completely hooked, the detail of the game in it's time was phenomenal. The battle between Siefer and Squall right at the beginning had me hooked.

As the game progressed it just got better and better for me. I appreciated how it was a little different to the norm, by having a wage system for example, that is quite a refreshing (and a far more realistic concept).

Throw in one of the best mini-games seen in a video game, period, in Triple Triad to make it stand out even more.

There are many others I rate highly as well, but having to pick just one, I'll pick this a little ahead of the rest.
    Last edited by Fayt.; 07-25-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    First, Anarchy, please don't double-post (posting one comment and then another immediately after it), if you get an afterthought, click 'edit' and include it in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_W View Post
    I have to say i was quite addicted to tactics
    but i still love 7
    and i am not a noob
    i just need to finish the whole series im not canceling them out yet

i need to play 1-6
    and i tried 12 it was terrible not completely awful but it didnt keep my attention

and i agree most people tht dont even play the ff series know what FF7 is,its just because its such a popular game and its a great game thts why it is popular
    If you haven't played I through VI then you haven't played half of the FF games, and you haven't experienced FF in it's glory years (IV to VI), though that's not to say later FFs have been bad. How can you come to a conclusion of what is the best FF on this basis? It's like trying half the flavours of a candy and not the other half, and then deciding on your favourite candy - illogical and invalid.

FFVII is a popular game because of it's blatant fanboyism. My main reservations are the lack of decent subplots, which were staple in FFVI, and sadly lacking in VII. It's also terribly easy. It's not bad, but IMO I think even IX is a lot better in terms of plot and sub-plots, music, and a few other respects.

I don't like the term "noob", but not playing half the series, you need to make it expressly clear that out of your very limited repertoire that you liked VII the best. I also find it difficult to believe that you like VII over Tactics. I'm not talking about Tactics Advance I and II, but the original Tactics, or it's PSP remake, The War of the Lions. That game is far superior to this one.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-26-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Weapon View Post
    First, Anarchy, please don't double-post (posting one comment and then another immediately after it), if you get an afterthought, click 'edit' and include it in the original post.

If you haven't played I through VI then you haven't played half of the FF games, and you haven't experienced FF in it's glory years (IV to VI), though that's not to say later FFs have been bad. How can you come to a conclusion of what is the best FF on this basis? It's like trying half the flavours of a candy and not the other half, and then deciding on your favourite candy - illogical and invalid.

FFVII is a popular game because of it's blatant fanboyism. My main reservations are the lack of decent subplots, which were staple in FFVI, and sadly lacking in VII. It's also terribly easy. It's not bad, but IMO I think even IX is a lot better in terms of plot and sub-plots, music, and a few other respects.

I don't like the term "noob", but not playing half the series, you need to make it expressly clear that out of your very limited repertoire that you liked VII the best. I also find it difficult to believe that you like VII over Tactics. I'm not talking about Tactics Advance I and II, but the original Tactics, or it's PSP remake, The War of the Lions. That game is far superior to this one.
    Sry i learned that after and i Loved War of the lions but i still enjoyed FFVII more, sue me?
    I liked the story line and everything about it but i am not saying that without playing 1-6 that i am automatically dead set on FFVII being the best. Even though im open for oppurtunity on playing 1-6, im saying the best i have played SO FAR HAS been FFVII ,please noone assume that i am cancelling out the classics altogether ( even though i do consider FFVII to be a classic.)

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

Selkie in training Best final fantasy game Silver Spyro's Avatar
    Probably Echoes of time. Great game.
    Call me Silver.

TycuroRaidyn
    *Sees Fianl Fantasy 7 as the top* That was rather expected. Personally I cna't decide between that and Fianl Fantasy 6, but 6 should be a lot closer.

Registered User Best final fantasy game
    I can't vote, because I have yet to play all the FF games. It wouldn't be fair.

I will say that my personal favorite right now is FF VII. It introduced me to the series, and I love the characters. The story is great, and I love the cyber-punk setting. Although some gamers call this game overrated, it is still my favorite.

A close second would be FF XII. I plugged in about 120 hours so far playing this game, and have yet to complete the bestiary or the marks.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Leading Man Best final fantasy game -Balthier-'s Avatar
    Final Fantasy 12 all the way.Everything about it amazed me.Best game ever

Selkie in training Best final fantasy game Silver Spyro's Avatar

Exclamation

Where is the Crystal Chronicle games? Oh well, I'll go with Final Fantasy 1.
    Call me Silver.

First things first: I haven't played FF I to III yet, so I don't know if I'd chose them instead. But, seriously... I don't think so. xD"

I know many won't read that now, but I really want to EXPLAIN why I like FF VI best. There are too many emotions that have to be discribed just to tell you what that game made. .,. I can't say it changed my life, but it changed something.

So I noticed this morning that I just love that game. It was when I was driving in my car and listening to Toki no Hourousha, I suddenly started crying and didn't know why. Something really special is about that game. *nods her head*

So this will be a kind of review, I suppose. .,."

Story
    I have to mention that I really love the stories with Empires and revolutions ^^" I liked that story much in XII, too. But it wasn't the overall story I really loved, it was the little pieces of the story - the story of the characters. I'll start of with my favorite character: Edgar. His not wanting to be a king really but having to, and giving freedom to his brother who didn't want to be king was really fascinating - I even wonder how I could put all this in just one sentence. ^^" I love love love the scene in which he throws the coin that was faked... (I played the PSX version of the game.) It's a really nice scene and I even get goose bumps when I just think about it. Edgar's past, Edgar's life, all was so great. I had the feeling I knew everything about him, I followed all the steps he ever made.
    My second favorite character with a really great story was Celes. She may seem like an ordinary soldier turning her back on the Empire, but she's special. She's special in many ways. She somehow tries to get everyone to trust her but she doesn't at the same moment. At the beginning I had the feeling she was a bit anxious because she'd left the Empire. She grew to like all the others and she'd even die for them. That was a really great developement, in my eyes. But the best part about her story was when you came to the World of Ruin. (Goose bumps again .-.") When she jumped off that cliff I really shouted and wanted to cry. It was so sad. All of her relationship to Cid was so sad... I felt her emotions, I knew exactly how she felt, somehow. It was so great... that moment, that emotion, that scene, Celes...! After that scene I began to love her. .,."
    Now if I continue this will get too long XD" But third would be Cyan. Just how he felt about his family... that he grew strong because he thought of them. This horrible scene when he saw them on the Ghost Train... it made me sad, although at that time I didn't know yet that I'd really like Cyan.
    Brings me to the last bit of story I want to mention: Kefka. I read a few things about him after playing the game and it was clear to me that this guy was a freak - and I admired that. I even UNDERSTOOD him.

Characters
    To be honest, there was no one I didn't like. It's rare for an FF that I don't hate a single character. I even liked Gestahl. O_o (Especially at the end.. I mean his end... you know... XD") I admit that sometimes Gau was a bit annoying, but he was the weakest character in the whole game, he was just quite useful, nothing more and nothing less.
    There were some I didn't use at all (Locke and Mog are the first coming to my mind), but I didn't dislike them, it was just that they weren't my type of fighter. Locke for example wasn't that bad, he had a good heart and a nice background story. (Noooo I won't say more, I promise! T^T") Mog was just a kind of random character, but he was useful and not annoying... so no problem. x3"
    This was by the way the second FF that had no characters that I could possibly hate. V was the first, but it didn't have as many characters as VI had. ^^

Music
    Hmm... I don't know where to start. It touched me. It touched my very heart. It was the best music I've ever heard in a game, especially FF.
    Let's start with the most important song: Toki no Hourousha (it's actually the only one I know the name of XD"). I... stopped typing here. It is really difficult to explain what I felt when listening to it for the first time - and now. When I listened to it first I just liked it. It was a good song and like the previous FFs it was always fun to walk around on the world map. Other than in the following FFs I wanted to stay there, just to listen to the music. Sometimes I even loaded my game and then got me something to drink when I knew I saved on the world map. Then I could hear the song through the house (left my door open ^^) and enjoyed it while getting something to drink... okay, now you'll all think that I'm a freak. XD" The feelings I have now are very difficult to explain. (I've mentioned that too often now, I know, but it's the plain truth .,.") It makes me sad. I remember the whole game and all I've felt while playing it. The good and the bad times. (Good means: Edgar flirting with women which was always funny; bad means: all the sad moments) Okay, I give up.. there is nothing more to say about this. .,." I guess I just have to wait for a while to know better what I feel XD"
    The rest of the music... Well, I'll split that now. .,."

The opera scene
    Yes, it changed me. The first time I played it I didn't realize that I had to learn that damn text and of course I didn't read through it thoroughly, so I had to try a few times .,." But that song... Oh gosh, it was so beautiful! (Aria Di Mezzo Carattere - I just looked it up, I've got the song on my computer x3") That was the best opera song I've ever heard. I still get goose bumps when I listen to it. It's so great, like a real opera song. And it also makes me sad (must be because of the Celes-cliff-scene ^^"). Also, the story of the opera was great. I like that kind of "love stories". It was something totally different from the whole game. And I think Square knew that this was by far the best scene they're ever made, that's why they tried that again in VII and IX. But in both, the theater scenes were... horrible. Sorry to all fans of those, but after seeing that opera scene in VI there won't be anything that's better. (If my sentences don't make sense know it's because of the song XD")
    The only thing I had my doubts about was: Can Celes really sing that well? I mean, she isn't an opera singer, as we all know. She's a soldier. ôô But okay, that was something really small compared to the great scene. x3"

Kefka
    I heard about Kefka before playing the game and other than in VII I was happy that there were more fans of him. (I don't like Sephiroth, he's overrated XD") The first thing important about Kefka is his evil laughing. That's just hilarious, such a cute little figure laughing like that xD I loved the sound of him laughing. It was something knew and it somehow made him more evil. There was no villain before and after Kefka that was so evil. He didn't only destroy many towns, he shattered the lives of thousands and he was just crazy. He just wanted to power of the espers - it was for HIM alone. Nothing more and nothing less. And this reason was just hilarious. O.o He didn't have to kill all the people to achieve that goal... It was just because he had fun seeing all those people die. If I were younger, I surely would have been afraid of Kefka... And after seeing the scenes with him as a real person, not only a 2D figure... I really was a bit afraid of him. ^^"
    Best villain ever, in the best FF ever. *nods her head again*

Side quests
    So this was definitely the FF in which I completed most of the side quests. That is because there was so much to do and it was so obvious. In all the other FFs I searched towns and landscapes for side quests, just something to do before beating the final boss... but there weren't any. I couldn't find them. O_o" And in FFVI it was just obvious... for example where I could find all the other members of my lost party. Finding all the dragons was quite easy, too. I didn't have to use a walkthrough for that, I just found out myself. Some may say that it really was too easy and that it wasn't fun, but for me it was fun because I found out myself. Take for example VII - I found a few Weapons, but I couldn't beat them and I didn't find something to level up before beating them. And I hate to breed chocobos. I haven't done that in ANY FF yet, so there was no chance of finding something. .-.

World of Ruin
    (That will be the last point I'll mention, I promise! ._.")
    When I came to the WoR I was really shocked what had become of the world. Celes felt sad, and so did I. It was a creepy world, full of hate and anxiety and... despair. I couldn't stand that. I made me so sad that I knew I couldn't change the world. That was the one thing I was pretty sure of: The world wouldn't return to normal after beating Kefka. It would just continue to be so... sad. At this point of the game I really wanted to beat the crap out of Kefka for doing such evil things. <_<" Many people died just because of that and they wouldn't return. They just wouldn't... they were gone and all that was left was this despairing world. (Not to mention the island Celes stranded on. After Cid was gone she was totally alone... no one there. She didn't even know if ANYONE lived... No wonder she didn't want to live of...)
    There was NO FF that had such a world. And there probably won't be any in the future. This is just unique...

Okay, now I'll really stop. I think all the points I mentioned were enough to show you that FF VI is the best best beeeeest FF ever! How can there ever be a better game than this...?

I thought about posting this in the review section, but it's not quite a review, just a very long explaination why I like VI best. Sorry if it's not. ^^"

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Best final fantasy game Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    FFVII For Sure...Waiting to see if FFXIII Is gonna be any better.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast