View Poll Results: which is the best final fantasy game?

Voters
709. You may not vote on this poll

12 1.69%

3 0.42%

11 1.55%

34 4.80%

11 1.55%

69 9.73%

205 28.91%

101 14.25%

91 12.83%
  • 10/10-2

119 16.78%

6 0.85%

33 4.65%
  • Tactics/Tactics Advanced

14 1.97%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Best final fantasy game

Rider on the Storm. Best final fantasy game sonicisrad's Avatar
    FFVII takes the cake for me, closely follwed by VIII.

VII is number 1 'cuz it was the first major RPG that I got into, and stuck with for its entirety. The story is extremely epic, the characters eah have a story to tell, and the materia battle system is just so user-friendly, I love it. Go VII, Go!
    An American Poet

1943 - 1971

~sonicisrad~

FFVIII was my fav. honestly the main reason is because it was the first final fantasy i'd ever played so i couldn't help but really enjoy it.lol i just recently started up 7 and 9 and i'm almost done with 7. i actually beat 3 and 4 for the ds before playing 7 and 9. since 3 and 4 were so disappointing, i couldn't help but think that 7 and 9 weren't that great

karl Brown Best final fantasy game Vincent Heart's Avatar
    well my favorite Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy 7 it was the first Final Fantasy game I truly played and i truly beat as well. and it takes a good amount of time to beat. also I love the story to it is cool. I cant wait till the ps3 version comes out. But my second favorite is Final Fantasy 8 I love the air ship thats the beast part of the game.

Scholar Best final fantasy game Kyrel's Avatar
    Was expecting the annoying ffvii fans to spam this vote.
    I would say IX is the best FF ever, I reckon not everyone has to agree, however FVII couldn't get more over-rated.
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?

big yuna fan Best final fantasy game nra4's Avatar

best one

i like 10-2 and 12

but i voted for 10-2 it owns havnt played 7

deaths sadness Best final fantasy game AbysalDarkness's Avatar
    it would have to be 7 hands down

Proud Member of METAL MILITA

Registered User Best final fantasy game HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrel View Post
    Was expecting the annoying ffvii fans to spam this vote.
    I would say IX is the best FF ever, I reckon not everyone has to agree, however FVII couldn't get more over-rated.

While I do not think FF9 was the greatest(althoug I see no reason why it couldn't be), I do agree that the massive number of FF7 nub fans are just alittle too impressed with FF7, dont get me wrong FF7 was an awsome game and I almost picked it for best, but most of these people are just say FF7 is the best and arn't providing reasons why.....not really fair.

ya i do get what you are saying i just think ff7 cause idk first one i beat ff9 i thought was fun and the card battleing i liked so i guess im stuk between them two but it donsent matter there all good in my eye
    Last edited by AbysalDarkness; 03-02-2009 at 11:40 PM.

It's the Jecht Shot, Babey! Best final fantasy game LaCkyy's Avatar
    I've voted for Final Fantasy X/X-2

Final Fantasy X is the 'best' in my opinion.
    Favourite FF Characters - Tidus, Wakka, Red.
    Favourite FF Game : FFX

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!
    Tidus 'Captain of the Besaid Aurochs'!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

XboxLive: Tidus Spira - Add me if you want

Tidus - "Don't break any bones, old man!"

Yanqui UXO Best final fantasy game charliepanayi's Avatar
    Final Fantasy VIII for me. I remember pretty much falling in love with the game the moment I first saw the opening sequence with Squall and Seifer and Liberi Fatali playing. The plot really engrossed me (I know Squall and Rinoa divide opinion but I liked them and the characters), and it has my favourite ever game ending too. FFVII and FFIX come close but FFVIII is my favourite.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Tsuna Feesh Best final fantasy game Fate's Avatar
    Now that i think about it, FFXII is my fav, not FFIX anymore! The plot was better and i just loved the action-based instead of turn-based battle system... It was more challenging, too...

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

I wasnt able to decide between ff3 and ff7 ...
    i think i was frozen three years back... but then i remember, thats when i gave up...

I support yuffentine!

Red Mage FTW

Join Greyside - In Hell Rising
    http://www.hellrising.com/group.php?view=Greyside

bimmerz_vn
    I was just trying to help out with some people and stop the rude behavior and in doing so I was a bit rude. and Anomaly this was the first time that I have ever commented back towards you, and Karma is a big thing of mine, damn near my whole life is based on Karma, that and a other morales. Oh, this is towards Advent Children, you did know that the year it came out it was Game of the Year, and I dont think it would be Game of the Year again, unless they do some sort of remix on it and make it better, but still then it might be hard for it to be Game of the Year.

persona user Best final fantasy game foster kid's Avatar
    final fantasy 7 seven had it all .....but voices.... it had a awesome story and wonderful characters they are the most well known and have stood over the rest for over 10 years

final fantsy advent children complete...... april 16 in the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fighting rages on and on, to challange me you must be strong

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Best final fantasy game TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    Final Fantasy VIII I think was the best as well as my favorite but at the same time if I had to say what beat Final Fantasy VII. The answer is definately FFVI! FF6 Pounding 7 in almost everything comparing the game to how they were made and produced. Meaning don't say FFVII was better just because of graphics. Graphics for all FF's were good whether it be the 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit and up. Graphics is not an issue, we all still play the old one's or at least have. I'm talking story, characters, difficulty, design, emotion. Pretty much it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnin View Post
    Final Fantasy VIII I think was the best as well as my favorite but at the same time if I had to say what beat Final Fantasy VII. The answer is definately FFVI! FF6 Pounding 7 in almost everything comparing the game to how they were made and produced. Meaning don't say FFVII was better just because of graphics. Graphics for all FF's were good whether it be the 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit and up. Graphics is not an issue, we all still play the old one's or at least have. I'm talking story, characters, difficulty, design, emotion. Pretty much it all.
    im the same way on the graphics thing i really dont care about the graphics well ya i do but ill still play and love any 8-bit 16-bit and 32-bit games and ya i love ff7 but i really the for my best would be FFX that game blow my mind when i first played it i loved it but the game that got me hooked on FF was ff8 so i have to give it some props to
    Last edited by AbysalDarkness; 03-12-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Registered User Best final fantasy game HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Taking abysal darkness's thoughts on FFX, I am starting to notice a pattern. Everyone else most likley has noticed but im just stating it.

Every REALLY POPULAR game has been the games with the big leap in graphics. Final Fantasy seven was the fist to be 3-D and then FFX was the first to have voice actors and made a huge leap in graphics.

Back then this leap was amazing but I really dont think it makes a good game. I would accually like to see more titles as 8-Bit style games but with better graphics. I liked playing the 8-bit games and would like to see more of them.

In case I haven't said yet(which I think I have) Final Fantasy Tactics was my favorite.

Has to be 7! Unbelivable! Best game ever made, hands down
    "I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over."
    -Aeris Gainsborough

I feel epic... Best final fantasy game Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    My fav, as you may have guessed, is FF X. For me, that was the first PS2 game, let alone Final Fantasy game I ever played. From beginning to end, I was enthralled in the story and fun gameplay. To this day, I still enjoy playing it all the way through.

Best final fantasy game Ragtime's Avatar
    I'm torn between IX and X because of how beautiful the worlds are, the relationships with the characters and the romances of Tidus & Yuna and Zidane & and Dagger/Garnet. But I'm gonna go for IX because to me it felt the most like a fantasy and the fact that I recently re-completed X is affecting my opinion.

FF7 hands down. I don't think there's a single FF fan who doesn't know who Sephiroth is!

Best final fantasy game Exxdeath666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wierdludicolo View Post
    FF7 hands down. I don't think there's a single FF fan who doesn't know who Sephiroth is!
    Just because we know who he is doesn't mean we think he's the best, nor think he's from the best game...

Istory was having trouble, what a sad, sad story
    Needed a new leader to restore its former glory
    Where, oh, where was he?
    Where could that mantree be?
    We looked around and then we found the man for you and me!

And now it's...
    Springtime for ExDeath and Istory!
    Jachol is happy and gay!
    We're marching to a faster pace. Look out, here comes the master race!
    The islands are fine lands once more!
    Watch out, Ghido, we're going on tour!

If you or your friend are in need of a reunion with a loved one and have no where else to turn, you know who to call. Only me, the Millenium Earl, can rescue their soul from that wretched God. All you need to do is shout out their name! And remember:

I want YOU to join the Akuma Army!

Final Fantasy VIII.
    For the storyline, the characters, the soundtrack, the battle system.... For me it was just grrrreat =^^=.
    I get endless replay value with this installment of the series, it never gets old and never will <3

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

I love tactics, I could play it over and over again forever in a way that I can't do with most of the numbered titles.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Best final fantasy game Xanatos's Avatar

Final fantasy ix rulessssss

My opinion would be that the best FF game is Final Fantasy IX. FFIX has the best story and best characters in all FF Series. But this is my opinion and many may not agree with me.As it seems FFVII has taken the lead and it is an damn good game but i think that FFIX is much better in many aspects.

Pedobear approves Best final fantasy game Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar
    Its hard for me to choose between FF VII and FF IX cause both of them are masterpieces, but FF VII is far more popular
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

Keeper of Balance/Defender of Order Best final fantasy game Materiathief00's Avatar
    They're all so different and awesome in their own way. I don't particularly have a favorite but if I REALLY had to choose, it would be VII(after many hours of intensive thought). I don't know, I just like the story and my favorite character of all time is in it. But it really is hard to choose.
    If anyone ever asks me again, I'm just going to say they're all my favorites and move on...too much to explain...

This INCREDIBLE banner was made by Kilala, thank you so much for making it for me!
    ----------------------------
    Barret: What are you?
    Red XIII: An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see.

Warrior Ninja Best final fantasy game Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    I've played the Final Fantasy series but I'd have to say FFX was the overall best since it's the one that I still play often to this day ^^...The story with Yuna and Tidus never did get old for me...And I got to admit it was the first FF game that I played >.>...It started it all for me, and the graphics and voice overs were simply superb :]

Best final fantasy game Exxdeath666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDiamond View Post
    I've played the Final Fantasy series but I'd have to say FFX was the overall best since it's the one that I still play often to this day ^^...The story with Yuna and Tidus never did get old for me...And I got to admit it was the first FF game that I played >.>...It started it all for me, and the graphics and voice overs were simply superb :]
    I agree with the voice acting, but you gotta admit that the script writing was freaking sketchy and cheesy at best. I mean, it just didn't appeal to me the whole dynamic of Tidus not seeing his dad for like 10 years and then both of them simply saying "hi!" to each other. And don't even get me started on Wakka!

Istory was having trouble, what a sad, sad story
    Needed a new leader to restore its former glory
    Where, oh, where was he?
    Where could that mantree be?
    We looked around and then we found the man for you and me!

And now it's...
    Jachol is happy and gay!
    We're marching to a faster pace. Look out, here comes the master race!
    The islands are fine lands once more!
    Watch out, Ghido, we're going on tour!

If you or your friend are in need of a reunion with a loved one and have no where else to turn, you know who to call. Only me, the Millenium Earl, can rescue their soul from that wretched God. All you need to do is shout out their name! And remember:

I want YOU to join the Akuma Army!

Shake it like a polaroid picture Best final fantasy game RagnaToad's Avatar
    My favourite is definitely FF IX.

It might have something to do with the fact that it was my first one, but still.
    The story couldn't be better. (It's not as f*ed up as the FF 7 storyline, lol.) The Graphcis are really good, especially considering it's age. And the ability learning technique is really my thing (but again that could be because of the previously stated fact).

I really gravitated to the story, the world, the characters and their own story immediately. The World is realy my thing, although I can't say anything bad about FF VII's futuristic approach, it was really good.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast